Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Silly season talk...

Well I am happy to hear that Colin is close to a deal to stay with Tech3... I think he deserves it and is riding much better without Rossi in his garage.

Rossi is close to a new deal as well, to stay with Factory Yamerha

Rumors continue to circulate the net about Nicky being Stoner's new team mate... I really hope so.

Hopper is out for Laguna, but Kawi has decided to let Jamie Hacking ride the ZX-RR at Laguna. I think he'll do better than Roger Lee & Anthony west at that track... Already Hacking's done well in testing the ZX-RR for the 1st time.

Anyone want to start a smack thread on who will cross the line 1st @ Laguna? Spies or Hacking? I'm going with Hacking on that one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I dont inhale

no way spies is on a better bike and is a better rider
ive got my fingers crossed for nicky going to ducati next year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Nicky's brother was a wild card ride last year at Laguna. Anyone know what's happening with him?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 09:06 PM
7c Forever

he just lost a finger, still healing up and won't be 100% in time for Laguna.

that plus Hackers basicly kicking his ass all over the track in the week to week job.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:20 AM

Rumors of Marco moving over to Kawi after Laguna, as well as Sete coming back for the rest of the season to ride in his spot.
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 AM
I dont inhale

marco has a 2 year contract but im sure he wants out as much as ducati wants hime out

yea roger lee got f'd up at barber.

read about it here --- ohh welll i read an article a couple weeks back was really good but now i cant find it

post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

I read on another forum that Marco will be riding a Kwaker from Brno onwards, and Sete the Duc... I'm trying to find the link to that report. So don't take it as gospel just yet.
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
no way spies is on a better bike and is a better rider
ive got my fingers crossed for nicky going to ducati next year
I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the bikes ... I wouldn't think there's much between the Kwaka and Zuke.
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:18 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
I read on another forum that Marco will be riding a Kwaker from Brno onwards, and Sete the Duc... I'm trying to find the link to that report. So don't take it as gospel just yet.
That would be awesome imo.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Sete looks to be confirmed to finish the year on Marco's bike... I do hope Marco gets a Kawi seat. Hopper will be out for a good 6-8weeks
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...hen_alice.html
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:31 AM
No Crying Allowed

From Motogp.com (crash.net seems to be down)

Quote:
From catching up with old friends in Catalunya to two tests in Mugello, the past month has seen a surprise turnaround in the story of Sete Gibernau. The Spaniard´s return to riding with Ducati has created fervent speculation as to a possible racing comeback for the former World Championship runner-up, and Gibernau has revealed that some interesting offers have been put to him.

`There are various possibilities on the table for me from different teams,´ says the 35 year-old. `However, like I have said before, I live on a day-by-day basis. Competing regularly again would be a big effort and sacrifice, and I can´t forget about that just because of the excitement of riding again.

`Anything can happen but, for the moment, nobody has presented me with everything that I need in order to return.´
The specifics of the offers have not been confirmed, but Gibernau was keen to stress that he was not waiting for a reshuffle to replace Marco Melandri in the Ducati Marlboro setup.

`I´m nobody´s substitute,´ stated Gibernau when quizzed on the speculation abounding in the media, although he did not categorically rule out a ride for the factory team should it be presented to him.
`If there is a seat available, then one would have to think it over, but the delicate situation in which Marco finds himself demands that we treat the subject with a high level of respect.´

Competitive lap times with both the Desmosedici GP8 and GP9 in Mugello have added further momentum to the Spaniard´s possibilities of a full time comeback, but he is well aware of the ring rust presented by nearly two seasons away from competition and the demands of a highly competitive series. With the buzz of 800cc action as motivation for a return, Gibernau was also modest about any objectives that he would have should the opportunity arise to line up on the MotoGP grid once more.

`Obviously the idea is attractive, but you have to give credit to the riders that are racing at the moment. I don´t know if I would be at that level, and I have to be aware of this. Perhaps, were I to ride again, my goals would not necessarily include winning races.´

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Sete looks to be confirmed to finish the year on Marco's bike... I do hope Marco gets a Kawi seat. Hopper will be out for a good 6-8weeks
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...hen_alice.html
Well there you go... seems the Nicky is pretty much locked in for a factory ducati ride next year too.
post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggog View Post
Well there you go... seems the Nicky is pretty much locked in for a factory ducati ride next year too.
there's talk of both Bautista and Kallio being in talks for that ride.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Glad thats over

anyone see anything about the pass nicky put on rossi in Fp3. the ducati team including stoner were applauding as he smoked the tire out of the corner past motorcycle Jesus
Would like to see that vid/pic
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Damn I'd like to see that. Although it's just practice...
post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
he just lost a finger, still healing up and won't be 100% in time for Laguna.
What a pussy!
Bayliss lost most of a finger in race #1 and wanted to ride the second WSBK race the same day!!

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
What a pussy!
Bayliss lost most of a finger in race #1 and wanted to ride the second WSBK race the same day!!
you said it.

on one end of the spectrum we've got Jorge "I fell down and I don't know what to do" Lorenzo, and on the other end we've got old 9 fingers BEGGING Costa to just cut the finger off so he can go score some points in race to.

"young blood revolution"

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
What a pussy!

Don't be too early to judge. He had more injuries than a broken/lost finger. Read this to give you an idea why he can't ride at Laguna just yet.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Jul/080707-95.htm
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Ouch!!

Sounds much worse actually, hope he heals up well.

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by small-g View Post
Don't be too early to judge. He had more injuries than a broken/lost finger. Read this to give you an idea why he can't ride at Laguna just yet.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Jul/080707-95.htm

Thanks for the link, I must have missed this and had no idea. That's a good story and it sucks he lost his finger.

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode