Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

WERA West @ Las Vegas - June 27 thru 29

Just a little something from Vegas

Finally lost the Provisional Novice orange shirt!!!! Hot weekend but worth it. Signed up for two races (Superstock A Novice and Superbike A Novice) which turned out to be the first and last races on Sunday. Since it was a National event with an endurance race on Saturday, we had practice on Friday. Everything went pretty smooth except for a slight scoring glitch caused by yours truely using a transponder at Button Willow and then using my own here. Anyhow, fastest times were 1:29:450 which wasn't too bad considering I was just learning the track from a 3 year hiatus from there. Saturday was an off day as they were running a four hour endurance race so we just hung out at Sins house and stayed out of the heat. Did venture out cause the eating machine (Matt) had to eat every four hours and actually went and watched about an hour of the race. Sunday....What can I say about Sunday??? We had two 15 minute practices where I actually got an 1:31:592 (I know, I slowed down) and a 1:29:603. Not too bad considering my whole goal was to not crash and lose that damned orange shirt. Now for the races......Started 6th in the Superstock A Novice field (two wave race) and finished 6th. Didn't pass anyone but then again, didn't get lapped either. Ended up, my transponder wasn't registering with the scorers (think it was because I moved it between practices and racing) so I didn't get any lap times for that race. On to the last race where I got times from AMB however, WERA didn't show them. I started 8th, got a good start and ended up 5th. At the end, I had caught the rider ahead of me but didn't have enough time or cajones to just hang it out and pass him. What I didn't know was that the 6th place rider (a woman!!!) was on my ass the whole time. She actually had better lap times but I still managed to stay ahead. Ended up running a 1:29:164!!!!

Thanks to all my sponsors: MoPowerSports, Motomummy.com, Jims Bikes n Service, LP, SoCalTrackDays, Ti2TT, Grip and Balance and BigHeadz Racing.
Also big kudos to Josh (224) for putting up with my old whiney ass, Tommy (917) for being a racing brother who hauled my slow bike up and back, Matt (321) for hauling my old ass up and back (and putting up with my lame humor) and other Matt (191) for showing me just how slow I am cause he's so fast and Dave Correa for being a great guy who has helped me more than anyone since I started racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:56 PM
250 cc pilota.

Cool! Congratulations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, same to you!!!! I saw your report and remembered I never posted mine. Sorry about the melted pistons!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:02 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixerKat View Post
Yeah, same to you!!!! I saw your report and remembered I never posted mine. Sorry about the melted pistons!!!
IŽll just put thme in the pile of other destroyed pistons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Congrats and thanks for the report

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode