Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

MotoGP » Rossi: We must stop Stoner.

From here: http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...op_stoner.html

Quote:
MotoGP » Rossi: We must stop Stoner.
Monday, 14th July 2008

Despite taking the MotoGP World Championship lead from Dani Pedrosa in Germany on Sunday, Valentino Rossi warns he cannot keep losing points to Casey Stoner.

Valentino Rossi has warned that the time is fast approaching when he and Yamaha must stop Casey Stoner's incredible run of form, if they are to stay ahead of the reigning MotoGP world champion in the 2008 title chase.

Rossi retook the world championship advantage with second place at a soaking Sachsenring on Sunday, an event that saw previous title leader Dani Pedrosa crash out of the race lead, but Rossi once again lost points to Stoner - who won his third race in a row and fourth of the season.

Having been almost written off earlier in the year, Stoner's remarkable recovery has now taken him to within four points of Pedrosa and 20 points of Rossi - with eight races, and 200 points, still be decided, starting at Laguna Seca next weekend.

"For the championship this is very, very important; I made a mistake last week in Assen and today Dani did the same. It's unlucky but this is racing and now we are back in front and this is a very good feeling," began Rossi.

"Dani is tough and we know he will be back fighting at the front, but sincerely at the moment we need to think about how to catch Casey because he has been very fast now for a few races," he warned.

"Once again here we lost some time during the practice trying to find the right setting and we can't afford to keep doing this," analysed the Italian. "Today we started from the third row and this meant that I had to deal with some confusion at the start and lost some time on the front riders.

"By the time I got behind Casey my M1 was working very well and I had very good grip with my Bridgestone rain tyres; I felt very confident and I tried hard to push but there was no way to catch him at that stage, so our aim must be to start at the front from now on. Thanks to all my team and engineers; now we have to try to extend this lead in Laguna," he underlined.

Davide Brivio confirmed that Fiat Yamaha hopes to go on the attack next weekend at Laguna Seca, but not before expressing his best wishes for the injured Pedrosa.

“This was a very positive race for us because this result takes us back to the top of the championship standings," said Brivio. "I hope that Pedrosa's condition is not too serious and that he will be back at Laguna to fight as he has been doing so far.

"Valentino pushed hard till the end of the race and the second place today was the maximum we could do, starting from the third row. Now we go to Laguna Seca, where we will launch another attack!” he declared.

Rossi's Michelin-shod team-mate Jorge Lorenzo crashed out on lap three.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
C.mon Val hold his bitch ass off!! you can DOOOOOOIT!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I wish Rossi, luck with that

Go Stoner!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 AM
phil-osepher

Stoner's comeback reminiscent of Rossi's when he was down over 50 points? Stoner crashes out in the last race to "give" Rossi the championship?

post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Resident Redneck

^ No Way!

Stoner is on a tear right now, hopefully he will dominate Laguna like last year

post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 AM
No Crying Allowed

Stoner who?

Laguna will be a great race to see with the point so close now... I can't wait.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Resident Redneck

^ Ya, you will see Stoner win live

post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 AM
No Crying Allowed

I'll be sitting in my lazyboy this year watching...

but stoner will crash on lap3 in rainey curve

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I'll be sitting in my lazyboy this year watching...

but Rossi will crash on lap3 in rainey curve

Fixed

post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 11:04 AM

Sorry lads... But Rossi ain't got shit on the Cans @ Laguna...
Stoner won last year because the Cans took themselves out & Colin's setup was fubared to get him out of the way for Rossi... much good that did.

This year it'll be a Hayden / Colin show @ Laguna again... Stoner will take 3rd and Rossi will be bitching about the Stones not working in the US.
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 11:14 AM
250 cc pilota.

The yanks "domination" of Laguna Seca is history and it will be a long time before an american wins again. No way your also rans will win this year.

Sadly it will be another Stoner run away but I hope not....

post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
This year it'll be a Hayden / Colin show @ Laguna again... Stoner will take 3rd and Rossi will be bitching about the Stones not working in the US.

All I can say is

post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
No Crying Allowed

It's getting deep in here

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:39 PM

It sure is... watch... these guys will resort back to Cans can only win in USA after they are proved wrong...
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:44 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
It sure is... watch... these guys will resort back to Cans can only win in USA after they are proved wrong...

You funny guy, you.
hopkins is injured and on a crap bike, Edwards can´t win -period, and Hayden is way out of form to beat Stoner, Rossi and possibly Pedrosa at the same time unless all three of them take each otehr out of course.

Last edited by Gustav O; 07-15-2008 at 03:48 PM.
post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Mat

Quote:
It will actually be interesting to see how the Michelin's go this year at Laguna, considering how poorly they went last year.
post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:53 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
It will actually be interesting to see how the Michelin's go this year at Laguna, considering how poorly they went last year.
It can´t be any worse any way.

post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:

Are you watching your own version of Fantasy MotoGP this year??

NH needs the top ten riders to be out, in order to fight for a win

For CE to win, it will take a miracle.

Hopper is out.

Hacking on the Kawai, Oh he will do great for sure

Did I leave anyone else out? GustavO can feel in the rest

post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

To be honest, I can't see an American winning it ...
post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:22 PM
7c Forever

I can't either. None are on form or on the right package.

Sounds stupid but the only Americans I see with half a chance are the wildcards, just 'cause they'll both be hell bent on beating each other. But common, lets be realistic, a wildcard rider on a Kawasaki/Suzuki winning a race?

I've been watching since I was a tot and I've only ever seen a wildcard win once.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode