Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Ryder Notes: Doctor Rossi's Prescription

From here: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Jul/080720rn.htm

Quote:
Ryder Notes: Doctor Rossi's Prescription
by julian ryder
Sunday, July 20, 2008
We should know better than to predict the outcome of a motorcycle race, especially when Valentino Rossi is involved. Before 2pm today the consensus was that Laguna is a track that never produces a good race, the 800s haven't ever produced an great race (well, only one or two), Stoner was so far ahead that no-one would see which way he went, and anyway electronics have ruined everything.

At 3pm none of the above applied.

As Dean has already pointed out, Rossi rode the perfect defensive race for a tight track, and could run Stoner's pace thanks to a couple of tenths his crew found for him after warm-up. Never underestimate what Jerry Burgess and the Fiat Yamaha team can do to give Rossi what he needs. What followed was a race--no, a fight--that was up there with anything we have seen, and that includes Phillip Island '03 and Welkom '04. There were more changes of the lead than I can remember, and some very, very close racing. There were also at least two moments that caused the whole crowd to take a sharp intake of breath.

Rossi's moment at the Corkscrew and a pass on Casey at turn five being the most memorable. The race was decided by what Casey first said was 'completely my mistake.' Later he was said he thought the mistake happened because Valentino braked a little early for Turn 11. That was at the post-race press conference; immediately after the race Casey had refused Rossi's hand in parc ferme and offered the opinion that some of the passes had been beyond aggressive.

It has been shown several times that if things get personal then Valentino tends to come out on top. This has been demonstrated to both Mr Biaggi and Mr Gibernau. The Doctor does not waste ammunition on those opponents who are not a threat to him. Noises emanating from the Fiat Yamaha camp indicate that Rossi is very angry indeed at the suggestion that he rides dirty. Jerry Burgess,a fellow Aussie, opined that it's a good job Casey wasn't racing in the 1980s against Lawson, Schwantz, et al--and especially Luca Cadalora.

So, on the weekend he announced that he will race for two more years with Yamaha he goes to his Summer holiday with a 25-point lead over the opposition and a new-found anger. The gloves are off.

ENDS
Time to give as good as you got at Laguna Casey ... Time to dig into fat Toni's bag of passing moves to see how to shoe fits.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 AM
7c Forever

aye, it's war as far as I'm concerned, if that's how it's gonna be, that's how it's gonna be. Stuff passing, line changing, teammate torpedoing, rock and roll.

Luca Cadalora racing school 101: shunt your footpeg behind his, he's in the gravel and you're on the wheels, shunt your footpeg infront of his and you're both in the gravel.

Better yet tho, let your teammate do it for you.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:59 AM
No Crying Allowed

Well Vale certainly has the team mate for that he goes down anyway, he might as well take out stoner next time

j/k

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Let the circus begin ... Rossi vs Stoner, bare knuckles and handbags at 30 paces.
The bad thing for Casey here is that he's let Rossi KNOW he's in his head, Rossi is the ultimate competitor and he'll exploit that till the cows come home.
Stoner has revealed the chink in his armour and Rossi with a competitive bike underneath him will definitely take advantage. Remember how Biaggi crumbled ... and Gibernau?

Stoner's next.

Let the games begin...

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 AM
7c Forever

Stoner knows full well he's in Rossi's head too, is the difference, you don't get stomped that hard and not know it.

I dunno how handbag Casey is, part of why I admire him. He lets us know when he's up and when he's down, but I've seen "Righteously pissed off" Casey a lot more than I've seen Valentino the same way, and I've seen Casey only 1/5 as long as I've seen Vale.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Maybe I'm reading your post the wrong way but I meant that Rossi is now in Stoner's head and that can't be anything but good for Rossi. So long as his bike remains relatively competitive his skill and race knowledge can make up the difference.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:16 AM

If Stoner cracks under this BS... I'm gonna be pissed... we dont' need another Sete... we need someone to punch back!
post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:30 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Maybe I'm reading your post the wrong way but I meant that Rossi is now in Stoner's head and that can't be anything but good for Rossi. So long as his bike remains relatively competitive his skill and race knowledge can make up the difference.
oh forsure. I think they're both in each others heads at this point, and it's fairly clear to me that Casey's not gonna cave like Sete or Biaggi, if he was gonna, he'd have done it last year.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
No Crying Allowed

Stoner has nothing to worry about imo, He has such an advantage that he should be able to come out on top this year unless he goes down in a race. Vale just can't match the speed of that Duc, in the end with most tracks it will prevail.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
7c Forever

take a quick look at the constructors championship and tell me what bike is best.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
take a quick look at the constructors championship and tell me what bike is best.
No Jr, you're only looking at the surface like someone watching racing for the first time , leading the constructor does not mean they have the best bike.

It could mean a lot of things: better overall riders, also I think the Tech 3 bikes are a bit closer to the factory bikes than the Alice Duc's bikes. And if Melandri isn't doing as poorly as he is over the season, I'd believe Duc would have been a lot closer to the top. The HRC is also ahead of the Duc in constructor, does that mean they have a better bike? I don't think so, not the current RC212V. Look at F1, Ferrari is leading the constructor too, but their car isn't the best at the moment, so many reliability issues compared to the McLaren.
post #12 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
Great racing. I don't quite understand Stoner's gripes... Heaven forbid he have to scrap it out with someone other than blow everyone away. If he can keep Rossi out of his head he'll do fine but if he keeps getting pissed off like this Rossi will have the advantage...

My opinions of course.
post #13 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I dont inhale

i do believe the yamaha is a better package then the ducati, no one but stoner has gone fast on it for 3 seasons now.

it obviously has motor but I dont think the chassis can match the other bikes.

doesnt honda have the most bikes on the grid??? aiding it in the constructor cup points

if you look at yesterdays race the duc deff had more grunt out of that slow ass last corner but out of the faster corners and once the yamaha got rolling it looked to me like advantage was minimal.

and without a doubt the yamaha was more stable under braking.

im gona say what ive said a thousand times rossi is the best ive ever seen. and it will take someoneseveral years of incredable riding for me to claim they are the best ive seen,

but i do think casey is riding better then rossi right now. If rossi had not rode an absolute brilliantly smart race and stayed in front of casey at any cost, casey would have gotton by and checked out. Laguna is not a hp track so dont give me that line of crap its all the ducati motor, it is casey riding awsomely.

but like we are all saying lets see how he deals with this becasue we all know rossi will hammer this new found weakness for all its worth to try to win the championship. This season just got a whole lot more interesting.

post #14 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:24 PM
No Crying Allowed

You have some points there although look at this thinking....

The duc has one bike going fast and up front.... if you look at the honda it does as well, only Pedrosa has been able to put it on top this year. With that said do you think it has more to do with the manufacturers tailoring the bikes to there #1 rider then it has to do with the other riders not performing as they should?

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
7c Forever

all of the Yamaha's have been in the top 5 this year. says a lot.

I actually found thought that the Yamaha had more off corner grunt, coming off of 11 and 4 it sure seemed to lunge a lot harder than the ducati. It's possible that that's the counter rotating crank keeping things under control and keeping the anti-wheely from kicking in.

alot of the passing here wasn't hp, it was a) draft and b) having the testicular fortitude to keep it open going over the leap.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
No Crying Allowed

For sure Rossi's was done entering the corner as Stoner was passing on the main straight.

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 04:50 PM
7c Forever

more than once tho Rossi got the inside line by holding it open over the leap on the main straight, It'll look like braking 'cause he's going into the corner harder, but he was carrying more speed into it from the leap.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 05:01 PM
No Crying Allowed

now that's funny

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
what's funny is your perpetual need to hang on to stoner having some monstrous advantage with his bike... it would truly terrify you to admit that he's simply riding better than rossi on a bike that has as many compromises as the m1 does...

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #20 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Last years bike was no way designed for Casey, but I'm sure it was fine tuned for him this year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode