Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation MotoGP Nakano to get factory Honda at Brno.

MotoGP Nakano to get factory Honda at Brno.

Saturday, 26th July 2008

Shinya Nakano will race a factory-prepared Honda at Brno in order to help with 2009 development.

Shinya Nakano is to be rewarded for his consistency in this year's MotoGP by getting the chance to race a third factory-backed Honda at the upcoming Czech Republic Grand Prix.

Nakano has been quietly impressive on the satellite Gresini Honda all season, scoring in every single round so far this year, a feat matched only by championship leader Valentino Rossi.

Called up to assist with the development of the satellite bikes Honda will offer to teams in 2009, Nakano was also earmarked for his communicative abilities with the Japanese engineers and technicians.

Set to compete on one of the 2008-specification machines raced by Dani Pedrosa and Nicky Hayden at Repsol Honda, it isn't certain whether Nakano will race the RC212V machine with a valve-spring engine beyond the next round at Brno, an event that resumes after the summer break.

“Shinya will have a new bike in Brno, which will basically be the base for developing the satellite version of 2009 Honda,” Fausto Gresini told MotoGP.com. “HRC will rely on our team and Shinya, as it's much easier in terms of communication with the Japanese engineers.

“For us this is obviously a privilege and the fruit of the close collaboration that has been going on for years between the Honda Gresini team and HRC.”

Where this leaves Andrea Dovizioso is unclear though. The JiR Team Scot rider has been consistently the best of the satellite Honda contingent this year and was tipped to get the chance to sample factory machinery as a reward.

However, paddock rumours suggest the reasons behind choosing Nakano over Dovizioso, who is fifth in the overall standings, is because the Italian rider already has his future assured, possibly with Repsol Honda if Hayden completes his widely tipped switch to Ducati.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...a_at_brno.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Mr.

Thats great news to hear . hope he does well
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.06R6 View Post
Thats great news to hear . hope he does well
Same here, I always liked Nakano and I think he's a good rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Why???

Dovizioso deserves that bike in my book.

Maybe Honda will also give a factory bike to NH soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
Why???

Dovizioso deserves that bike in my book.
You didn't read the article did you?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
You didn't read the article did you?
I read the title

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 10:37 PM

Interesting... I wonder if this is Honda's response to rumours that Nakano was talking to Kawasaki again.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 01:56 AM

I heard that too...

But I also heard the Honda might be fielding a 3rd factory bike in 09, for Nakano... and this certainly looks like a move in that direction.

I much rather see Nakano back with Kawi though... but it is nice to see the Jap manufacturer finally favor someone other than a spanish rider to please their sponsor. <--- that last bit is more my opinion than fact, but few could argue that it doesn't look that way
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 11:04 AM
7c Forever

I was surprised when Nakano moved to Honda, there's an unwritten rule about Japanese manufacturers stealing riders off each other. It doesn't happen, atleast it's not supposed to.

Frankly I'd like to see him back to Yamaha, was stupid of them to let him go like that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I was surprised when Nakano moved to Honda, there's an unwritten rule about Japanese manufacturers stealing riders off each other. It doesn't happen, atleast it's not supposed to.

Frankly I'd like to see him back to Yamaha, was stupid of them to let him go like that.
It was actually Nakano that wanted to moved out from Kawasaki. At the end of his last season at Kawasaki, Nakano wanted to see their new 800cc bike so he could start testing it, but Kawasaki said it wasn't ready. He thought Kawasaki was way behind the ball with the new 800cc rules package, so he opted to go somewhere.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 09:46 PM
7c Forever

ya and you'd have thought that Honda would have been a safe bet... whooops.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:57 AM

Yep, it didn't work out for him. He had a miserable time with the new Honda; all of them. Hopefully it will get better for him. Having a full factory bike is definitely a step in the right direction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode