Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

MidO

Spoiler:
any of you guys see this? wtf I've not seen a wreck like this in quite awhile. Not one, but 2 redflags, first one Hodgeson grenading an engine and several guys going into the haybales, second one a bloody cooler being dropped and water leaking down from the bridge, I guess Ben had to jump onto the rear brake and the bike got bent out of shape, looks like he tore the stitches from his appendix surgery.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:56 PM
No Crying Allowed

Actually there were three I think... they skipped one on TV. It was a mess for sure and I hope that one guy laying on the ground is ok... he wasn't moving for a long time.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

holy shit ya! a third, wtf, Mig's out of bikes! and poor Mat Lynn, that's the second consecutive weekend!

in other news.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Aug/080802d.htm

looks pretty desperate atm.

actually, watching this more seriously, I'm wondering if Hacker and Kawasaki can't topple the Yosh juggernaught before years end? That ninja's sure got some grunt, and seems good at full lean, just looks like it's got some problems getting it stood up onto the meat of the tire fast enough. Looks to me like it's actually got a power advantage over the Suzuki's tho, Ben can't catch a tow off of Hacker.

If anybody wants to beat Yosh, they'd better get on it, 'cause they're about to run out of chances.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 08-03-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
No Crying Allowed

Yes it's pretty exciting to see hacking up there, he has been getting closer the last few races too. I'm impressed on how well Kawasaki has climbed up to meet the Gixxers. Let's hope it continues too.

One nice thing about all the restarts, the bikes were actually pretty close together on lap 11

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 06:16 PM
No Crying Allowed

I just read that link to SBP, I thought all that was over with... although it seems it has come about again.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

ya Kawasaki are bringing the big guns. I think they're starting to smell the blood in the water. The Yosh team IS beatable, just a matter of having another team that's professional enough and clever enough to beat them. Kawasaki are pretty clearly on the right path. I can't help but feel that 1* of difference in the rake on the ZX10 from the factory would have made the difference. That thing is a total monster down the straights, Spies was tucking completely different than he usually does trying to catch a tow (his elbows where actually in, LMFAO)

ya the series stuff is pretty fucked up. I think DMG have fucked up bigtime by not letting the manufacturers have an out early on. Now they've spoken and they can't/won't go back on their word. Pretty fucked up that this all started to stop the Suzuki domination and now Suzuki are the only ones that might actually come back. It reminds me of the traction control issue from a couple of years ago. Everyone bitching that Suzuki where using traction control, so it was legalized to "level the playing field" but it was just one more tool in the Yosh box that they used to make the gap even bigger. I don't think the problem is technology, money, or anything, I think they've just got the most professional team that work thru the set-up data in the most effective way, they generally turn the same or less laps in testing than anyone else, and yet make bigger and bigger gains. I suspect they've got some serious eye on the talent in the industry, not just riders, but technicians and engineers aswell.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 06:38 PM
No Crying Allowed

Ya it looks like it has flip flopped a little, before it was Suzuki not happy and now it's the rest. I think if they just adopted the WSBK format completely then nobody would have room to complain?

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

to be honest, I think it's too late for that. I mean they did already basicly adopt a format that'd be faster than WSBK, and the manufacturers are still on the outs. Possibly kicking themselves, but I think nomatter what DMG do at this point, they've offended the manufacturers and it's all over but the crying.

Nomatter how you cut it, next year's gonna be a historic year for racing in the US, a major shift. Most likely it'll be the biggest shift in racing in the US I've seen in my lifetime.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 07:28 PM

I think it could have been handled alot better than it was. DMG just came in with their plan to shake things up and didnt/wouldnt listen to reason! I dont think you can just make major changes like that without consulting the parties involved. I for one dont want to see NASCAR on two wheels. Hopefully things will come together in the off season and we will have a decent series to watch next year. The racing may not be the closest but I really enjoy the atmosphere at the track when they come to town!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode