Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Cool I agree with Rossi.

Probably the easiest, smartes and best way to solve the whole TC/electronic package thing.

Want to know how to limit the advance of electronics in MotoGP? I asked Valentino Rossi what his solution would be. First, he said he would keep traction control for safety and as a development for street bikes. But he would do away with fly-by-wire and all the GPS-triggered, different fuel map for every corner trickery it brings. In The Doctor's world you would have to have something called a "throttle cable" running directly from the twist grip to the throttle butterflies. No black boxes in between. I think it might just work...

Back to the roots!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:14 PM

I gots no problem with that.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:20 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
I agree completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:23 PM
7c Forever

I don't think including a throttle cable is gonna have much effect.

but when it doesn't, he'll somemore.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

But the idea of giving the riders all the input back is what I support.

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:30 PM
7c Forever

oh forsure, I agree with that, but the "little black box" can still correct all the fuckups, nomatter where the butterflies are. I mean there's guys out there a lot smarter than me that'd work on that problem, and I can think of 3 ways to get around that in under 15 seconds.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 06:43 PM
No Crying Allowed

Jr all he said was he would do away with the traction control and automatic electronics for changing fuel maps via location on the track etc.

And yet you seem to pull out of that he was crying somehow?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

funny how when a rider makes a simple comment about something everyone and their mother has to chime in and explain to us how they are whining
oddly enough he is advocating something that requires SKILL, and still people think he's whining
come on guys- I don't get it,

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:19 PM
No Crying Allowed

Jr just dislikes anything and everything about Rossi and Lorenzo for some reason...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:54 PM
7c Forever

and Toseland

no I do think that he's right in this case, atleast the idea is, his idea of how to bring it in isn't is all. But he's been riding with a fly by wire since 2002, LOL.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 PM
jimmy crack corn

yeah I think this was in reference to the formula one problem where they use the location on the track to determine how the bike will allow the throttle to be used. also the reason I think iirc the reason f1 is changing or has changed the allowed electronics.

David
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 08:43 PM
7c Forever

F1 uses a spec black box, everyone get the same computer, supplied by FIA and taken back by FIA at the end of the race, so they get to go over the software of all the teams.

Vale just said he didn't want that 'cause he wanted to continue developement, which is fine, but impossible to police, as proven by F1 for years. I mean it was illegal in F1 for several years and it was clear that everyone was running it, but a team of 10 of the best engineers out there couldn't PROVE that they where running it, so they gave up, until the spec black box rule.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
jimmy crack corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
F1 uses a spec black box, everyone get the same computer, supplied by FIA and taken back by FIA at the end of the race, so they get to go over the software of all the teams.

Vale just said he didn't want that 'cause he wanted to continue developement, which is fine, but impossible to police, as proven by F1 for years. I mean it was illegal in F1 for several years and it was clear that everyone was running it, but a team of 10 of the best engineers out there couldn't PROVE that they where running it, so they gave up, until the spec black box rule.
so are you agreeing with me and saying that is the reason the f1 went to the spec black box. and do you think if motogp gets to the point where they are using track telem to control the bikes or drive the bikes they should go this way a spec box.
this is the latest stir or buzz from what I can tell.

David
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM
7c Forever

yes, I agree in part and in full, depending on the angle that you want to look at it from.

It's my opinion that banning the electronics would be good, but it's not a firm opinion, it's not based in fact, that's just me thinking out loud to myself, and I won't be terribly upset either way about it.

I however have a stronger opinion that "half assing it" is a waist of time. There's only 2 ways that I've seen be effective at limiting TC;
1) the NASCAR approach, of outlawing electronic fuel injection, limiting them to mechanical FI or carbs.
2) the F1 approach of handing everyone a black box at the beginning of the weekend and taking it back on Monday.

I'd be very interested to see how else they're planning on controlling it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
and Toseland

no I do think that he's right in this case, atleast the idea is, his idea of how to bring it in isn't is all. But he's been riding with a fly by wire since 2002, LOL.
The only bike with true fly-by-wire in 2002-2003 was the Cube.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:00 PM
7c Forever

"true" fly by wire? lol. I tell you what I'll go out running 3/4 fly by wire and you go out with full fly by wire and we'll see if it makes the difference.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
"true" fly by wire? lol. I tell you what I'll go out running 3/4 fly by wire and you go out with full fly by wire and we'll see if it makes the difference.
No man, none of the other bikes during that time were running a fly-by-wire system like the Cube or the current 800cc era.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:06 PM
7c Forever

show me something on what either the cube or the new 800's are/where running.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 04:40 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
the man is a GENIOUS!

post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 04:41 AM

Quote:
show me something on what either the cube or the new 800's are/where running.
https://www.sportbikeforum.net/forum/...ad.php?t=28141

It's 5 years into the technology, you're telling me it was the same 5 years ago?

And the mapping for each corner with GPS is definitely new from the 800s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode