Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Ezpeleta's knowledge

evidently doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Oxley
.......Ezpeleta explained that the aim of the new [600cc] class is threefold "The philosophy is to have a class that prepares riders for MotoGP, a class that will be economical and a class that will be prototype," he said.

But when questioned about the definition of prototype machinery Dorna's CEO revealed an absolutely astonishing lack of knowledge about his own Championship. The Spaniard insisted that MotoGP bikes consist largely of standard motorcycle parts. And then he claimed that a prototype motorcycle can be a production bike with just one component changed from standard spec.

"There are many parts of a MotoGP bike that come from standard bikes, many parts, the clutch for example.......or the chain, the chain is exactly the same," he said. This is manifestly untrue.

MotoGP manufacturers were aghast at Ezpeleta's outburst. "We though it was the other way round, the most of the parts on a MotoGP bike are prototype," said a spokesman for on eof MotoGP's main manufacturers. "It seems we have wasted 50 million dollars developing a prototype MotoGP bike!"
This from Roadracer world, it wasn't available online at the time of the original posting

all I can say is hooooooolllllllyyyyyyyyy ssshhhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttt.

The ignorance displayed towards the series by it's proprieter is frankly astounding.....

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 06:57 PM

LOL... I got admit I thought he was a bit of a dumbass, but this is way beyond the doubts I had for the man...

What a retard! Oh well, there are tons of CEO's out there that are just as clueless but for some reason are entrusted to run large business...

Go figure...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 08:12 PM

Wow I guess I own a MotoGP bike too then...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Bloody hel, another dick in the corridords of power. I garau ntee he has lost major credibility with the teams and sponsors mnow, the dunbass.

With the knowledge of the average race fan, they could surely replace this twit easily.....amazing stupidity on his behalf

Mr. Ezpeleta with your obvious lack of knowledge get yourself a fucking tech coach.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
But when questioned about the definition of prototype machinery Dorna's CEO revealed that... he had lost his baseball???
Ezpeleta, "Have you seen my baseball???"
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

reality is tho that I don't think that what he does matters a whole lot, FIM and manufacturers and riders committees seem to all be seeing eye to eye these days, so whatever he wants, they can shoot down with room to spare anyways.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Ezpeleta, "Have you seen my baseball???"

That's going to come under 'The shot that was heard around the world' well motorcycle racing world

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 05:05 AM
250 cc pilota.

Embarrasing...
But he isnīt setting the rules either as MSMA is taking care of that and FIM approving.

Last edited by Gustav O; 08-24-2008 at 05:09 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

no but he gets a vote, which is bad enough imo.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 01:39 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
no but he gets a vote, which is bad enough imo.
I am not sure if he gets a vote or if it is more that he is trying to push for certain things. the pure technical stuff is down to the other parts inovlved, this is not good at all though...

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

I think Dorna get a vote, FIM get a vote and MSMA get a vote. That's my understanding anyhow.

But in order for MSMA have to vote they need a majority, and same with FIM, Ezy here can pretty much vote based on what he had for breakfast and whether he had a fight with his wife that morning or not.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 AM

Amazing.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode