Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Thoughts from the big chair...

If you are wondering what the big chair is, then think of the only seat in the house a man gets his peace and quiet

That out of the way...

... as I sat there, I picked up an old issue of Sport Rider in which the latest 600 where being compared. In the same issue there was a full review of the latest GSXR 750.

With current talks of GP250 going to 600's in the near future, and many concerns of what will be done so as to not confuse that series with production based 600 racing, I began to wonder a few things...

Suzuki has a great bike in its 750, and it really leaves nothing to be desired from its smaller or bigger brethren... it does everything a 600 does with more power to boot. It is in a class all to itself with no competition in sight.

Often I hear of how great it would be if some old names would suddenly be revived to rival the GSXR 750. R7, ZX7, and even RC30 or 45. I'm of the opinnion that those names would draw sales if they were as good as the GSXR 750. Are you a fan of any of those old favorites? I know for a fact someone here already owns an r7 and what a beauty it is, wouldn't it be cool if Yamaha released a new model?

What's that got to do with racing?

We have seen production based racing increase the displacement of the Superbikes, why not supersport? I think it would be a good idea to bring that class from 600cc to 750cc.

To make this possible, manufacturers could slap on cheaper components on their .5 little offerings and begin dropping those things back down in price. I think they are so close to liter bike prices that it makes little sense to buy a 600 over a 1000 for the street... sure its only my opinion and I am only feeding some food for thought...

600cc fans will not like the idea, and they have a very good reason not to like it, however, has anyone ridden the 750 against other 600's. The GSXR750 doesn't give up anything to its little brother, yet sports more power, more importantly, midrange power.

I think this move could be beneficial for the manufacturers all around... Sales & Racing.

What do you guys think? Sounds like I took a bigger crap than usual?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:15 PM
No Crying Allowed

I would love for the 750's to come back, I think it's going to happen too. I say about 3 years or less and you will have the major four all with 750's. I could be wrong but I think it's really going to happen and these bikes will also be the superbike class again as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 06:16 PM
7c Forever

I'm hoping for the 750's to make a comeback aswell. I'm not satisfied with the 600's at all. They take away all the great parts about 4-strokes to seem more like 250gp bikes. Let the 250's be 250's and the 4-strokes be 4-strokes.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Gawd I miss the 750 Superbikes, they were awesome to watch

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 AM
250 cc pilota.

I doubt there will be any 750s from the other manufacturers and the reason is simple. They donīt sell as well as 1000 and 600cc bikes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode