Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Colin Edwards II...interview.

Wow. That man really has the 101 on riders excuses. The latest interview at Motogp.com is great.

Some quotes.

"Im too old for this shit." - Yup got to agree with you on that one.
"I put my nuts on the chopping block for something that is not in my control, you know, to go out there....when your rear tire feels like ice and about spits you on the WUP-lap, and the sighting lap. How do you gain the confidence to go in to turn one and just flick in on the side? Its a hospital in your near future."

Said by a man who finished 10 second behind his team mate and 33 seconds down on Lorenzo who runs the same spec bike and tyres and he was the last Michelin rider at the finish, De puniet was in front of CE II when he crashed....

Well. I guess we have to put up with another 23 post race excuses.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gustav O; 08-31-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 05:29 PM

Michelin guys get different tires. No secret their favored factroy riders get better rubber.

My mods are ghey...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 05:39 PM
7c Forever

you're not wrong. This is part of why I'm thinking a spec tire might be in order. Bridgestone don't seem to play favourites as much, but it'd be nice to eliminate that variable. That said, I value JB's opinion and he's opposed to it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
At least he's finally admitted he's not competitive anymore ... now if only the teams would LISTEN to him and quit throwing contracts his way.
Yeah hard to believe the tyre excuse when J-T was scrapping for 5th, it's not like there's 'split garages' at Tech 3.

It's the same old story Edwards goes backwards and points his finger everywhere but at himself; I've been saying it for years...he was a great WSBK rider and he should go back there.
He's wasting his time in GP if he's so deluded that he thinks he's gonna win a title

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 06:21 PM
7c Forever

I'd say that of the 20ish riders out there about 17 of them are deluded if they think they're gonna win the title, so it's not really a solid reason to toss him out. I guess his testing abilities is what's keeping him employed. He HAS said on several occations that he enjoys going testing and the teams have said that they value his input.

I think the fundamental issue here isn't that we've got riders in the premier class that suck, it's that there's not enough seats to get all the guys we'd like to have there there.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM
No Crying Allowed

Well there are some that suck too...

but it was nice to see Curtis finally back in the ama this weekend... even though he is in the back of the pack there too

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 07:45 PM
7c Forever

lol, he didn't even make group A qualifying.

poor guy, how do you live up to that when your old man is just about the most naturally gifted rider of all time, and your big brother got factory ride after factory ride handed to him, and kicked ass and took names all the way to the top, the sofa and back again.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox View Post
Michelin guys get different tires. No secret their favored factroy riders get better rubber.
So they favoured Toseland yesterday?

post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 10:38 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Bridgestone don't seem to play favourites as much
they keep giving stoner a front tyre with no edge grip on the right

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
No, they just gave him the same tire he had in 250 and slap BS's name on it...
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
So they favoured Toseland yesterday?
I think they choose the tire... the question is, did they pick the same tire?

And if they did, Colin got his ass handed to him, but why wheren't these comments flying around when JT was having a rough time a few races ago?

Colin has out scored him so far 6th in pts, but yet only this one round matters cause of the awful finish...

Why did JT get signed 1st for another year and he's not in the top 10 yet? Heck Nicky managed that in his 1st year and he didn't have world racing exp...

Ya nizzles need to make some sense... there are worse riders in the paddock... lets bitch & moan about gettin rid of them 1st... Colin is on his way out, no doubt. But he aint no West.
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 11:54 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
No, they just gave him the same tire he had in 250 and slap BS's name on it...

bastards

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
I think they choose the tire... the question is, did they pick the same tire?

And if they did, Colin got his ass handed to him, but why wheren't these comments flying around when JT was having a rough time a few races ago?

Colin has out scored him so far 6th in pts, but yet only this one round matters cause of the awful finish...

Why did JT get signed 1st for another year and he's not in the top 10 yet? Heck Nicky managed that in his 1st year and he didn't have world racing exp...

Ya nizzles need to make some sense... there are worse riders in the paddock... lets bitch & moan about gettin rid of them 1st... Colin is on his way out, no doubt. But he aint no West.
This was just an example of many where Colin blames everything on everything else than himself. He is good but he is over the hill, simple as that. He is also very vocal wich makes it fun to read/hear and talk about. Like his comment during pre season 2007 "There is no reason why me and Rossi wont end up first and second in the championship."
What I think about West is no news to anyone.

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 AM
7c Forever

one thing I will say about Colin is that he's a personality, not afraid to get into the liquid courage and entertain the fans at the events.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
... but why wheren't these comments flying around when JT was having a rough time a few races ago?

Colin is on his way out, no doubt. But he aint no West.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and venture that nobody expected much from J-T in his first season, after all he didn't come up through 125 and 250 and hadn't even seen some of these tracks before this year. The fact that he was 6th after the first few races was probably an unexpected surprise for his whole team.

It's not just this round Rr; Colin has made a MotoGP career out of qualifying relatively well and then disappearing backwards and complaining about something and pointing fingers at everyone but himself. He's in his 6th season at the elite level and hasn't been on the podium more than a handful of times with 0 wins and honestly not much sign of improving his form.

As for your last statement .... I have to admit you've got a valid point there. West really has sucked this year.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 09:51 AM
No Crying Allowed

There many others that should be dropped from GP before Colin imo.

Give him the right combo and he does well, take that away or put a hickup in it and he goes backwards fast.

I still like him and think he is a great rider, but just not good enough to win these days unless he is on the top machinery/package.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Abusin' the scooter

I don't know what better package he could possibly expect to have than the M1 as Rossi's team mate and look where he finished last year ... I was absolutely gobsmacked when he was gifted that ride and he did fuck all with it.

9 Colin EDWARDS 5 Yamaha USA Fiat Yamaha Team 124

I guess it's true ..... nice guys DO finish last

Last edited by Yamahuh; 09-01-2008 at 10:36 AM.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
I don't know what better package he could possibly expect to have than the M1 as Rossi's team mate and look where he finished last year ... I was absolutely gobsmacked when he was gifted that ride and he did fuck all with it.

9 Colin EDWARDS 5 Yamaha USA Fiat Yamaha Team 124

I guess it's true ..... nice guys DO finish last

I think you need to throw out last year and this year as my guess is it's mostly tire issues that have put him back so far. Mich. seems to have conceded that they do in fact suck now!

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Abusin' the scooter

But that's the point R1 ... it's ALWAYS something with him.
He seems incapable of riding around problems and even if Michelin do suck this year, Jorge Lorenzo finished 2nd on them and J-T beat him by 4 spots on them.

post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 07:16 PM

maybe factory Yamaha, and Tech are running different quality michelins.. anything is possible, just like is said earlier in the thread that there can be better quality for those that are running in the front...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode