Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Arrow MotoGP Misano MotoGP test times. *SPOILERS*

Misano MotoGP test times - Monday.

Monday, 1st September 2008

Full lap times from the post-race MotoGP test session held at Misano on Monday.

The test marked Dani Pedrosa's first outing on Bridgestone tyres, which will be fitted to his Repsol Honda for the remainder of the season.

Pedrosa set a best lap time of 1min 35.555secs with his valve-spring machine, before setting the fastest lap of the day whilst riding (with race tyres) on the pneumatic-valve Honda.

Round 14 of the 2008 MotoGP World Championship takes place at Indianapolis on September 14.

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (B) 1min 34.652 secs
2. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 35.446 secs
3. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 35.879 secs
4. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 1min 35.972 secs
5. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 36.101 secs
6. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 36.120 secs

2008 San Marino Republic Grand Prix:
Pole position:

Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro (B) 1min 33.378secs

Fastest race lap by manufacturer:
Yamaha: Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha (B) 1min 34.904secs
Ducati: Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro (B) 1min 34.988secs
Honda: Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda (M) 1min 35.479secs
Suzuki: Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki (B) 1min 35.741secs
Kawasaki: John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing (B) 1min 36.710secs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Pedrosa fast on Bridgestone, pneumatic.

Monday, 1st September 2008

Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa makes Bridgestone debut and sets fast lap time with pneumatic-valve engine during testing at Misano.

Less than a day after his shock split from Michelin, Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa made his Bridgestone debut during Monday's post-race Misano test - and set a head-turning lap time when combining his new rubber with Honda's pneumatic-valve engine.

The Spaniard started testing at 13:30 and completed a total of 81 circulations, divided into short runs of 6-8 laps. The original plan was to finish at 18:00, but the team asked the circuit management for another 15 minutes to complete the full testing schedule. Conditions were once again hot and sunny, with ambient temperature at 34 degrees and track temperature at 42 degrees.

Pedrosa's first task was to adapt the set-up of his familiar spring-valve RCV - with which he finished a distant fourth in Sunday's San Marino Grand Prix - to suit its new tyres, whilst learning the new grip characteristics.

Despite warnings that it could take months to adjust to the new rubber, Pedrosa set a best lap time of 1min 35.555secs on the valve-spring bike - very close to the 1min 35.479secs he'd recorded during the race, when using Michelin rubber.

"Luckily it was sunny today and we were able to ride as we liked, with a slow start and then building up, and that is important," explained Dani. "We tried to find a set up we liked, as the tyres are very different and the handling on the bike changed drastically, it feels like another bike.

"Right now it is difficult to say what it is that I most liked about the new tyres, as I still do not have much experience with them and we have not tried a lot of compounds. I just tried to get used to them, find their limits and to get to know them and their response.

"I tried to find out if they are good when you start off, or whether you have to warm them up more or less time. At the beginning the first thing you aim for is security, to feel comfortable and to find out how the stability is on the bike.

"From then on the most important thing for me is to begin to discover where their limits are and to find out how they react at certain moments," he explained.

Despite his limited knowledge of the new rubber, Pedrosa already believes he can claim a debut Bridgestone victory during the five remaining rounds of the 2008 season.

"Of course, there is a lot of work to do but I am determined to win again this year," he said.

Any such victory might even come with Honda's pneumatic-valve engine, since Pedrosa's fastest laps of the day came after 17.00, when he combined his new tyres with the 'pneumatic' for the first time.

The delayed pneumatic-valve design has been race-developed by team-mate Nicky Hayden since Donington Park, but Pedrosa - a double 2008 race winner and former championship contender - has been waiting for performance and reliability to be improved before making the leap.

That moment could be fast approaching after the Spaniard clocked a 1min 34.652secs best with the pneumatic - 0.827secs quicker than his best race lap on Michelin tyres and 0.252secs under the fastest race lap of all, set by (Bridgestone-shod) Misano winner Valentino Rossi. Repsol confirmed that Pedrosa's best lap was set with race tyres.

That lap is especially impressive since Monday marked the first (known) time that a pneumatic-valve Honda has used Bridgestone tyres (who knows what may have happened behind closed doors in Japan).

Nevertheless, Pedrosa gave little away in terms of his future plans for racing with the engine and still appears in no hurry to make the change.

"The bike that has the engine with pneumatic valves is very different, something I am not used to because it is a bit more aggressive and I do not have so much feeling," said Pedrosa. "It is not so gentle. It has other strong points, although there is still work to do on the set up, because the other [valve-spring] bike is more tuned. I did not do a lot of laps, but the sensations have not been bad at all."

"Today's test session was important and Dani's feeling with the Bridgestone tyres was positive," confirmed team manager Kazuhiko Yamano. "He started the session with the valve-spring engine and then switched to the pneumatic-valve engine. The character of these two bikes is different but Dani was faster with the pneumatic-valve engine, his lap times improved a lot. Of course, there are positive and negative points with the engine which we will now analyse."

Pedrosa will make his Bridgestone race debut during the inaugural Indianapolis Grand prix on September 12-14.

Hayden, who missed the race and test due to a heel injury, will remain on Michelin tyres for the final five rounds of 2008.

Gresini's Shinya Nakano, who has piloted a Bridgestone-shod valve-spring factory Honda for the past two rounds, set the second fastest lap time during Monday's test, 0.794secs slower than Pedrosa's pneumatic pace.

As well as Pedrosa and Nakano, Kawasaki riders John Hopkins and Anthony West plus Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda) and Alex de Angelis (Gresini Honda) were also present on Monday.

Pedrosa fast on Bridgestone, pneumatic. | MOTOGP News | Crash.Net
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 09:55 PM
No Crying Allowed

WOW....... just when we thought the racing was over... here comes Danny

SWEET!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:38 PM
PCP

Rossi i s really going to have to mess up to hand over the championship, but this could be interesting to watch
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:09 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Rossi i s really going to have to mess up to hand over the championship, but this could be interesting to watch
not like he hasn't done so in the past.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
No Crying Allowed

^^ you never fail to capitalize on a remark on Rossi or Yamaha

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 PM
7c Forever

lol, or Honda/Hayden.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:43 PM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Well I'd say he is choking less than Stoner this year... Everyone has bad races. Looks like Rossi has it together this year though.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:46 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Well I'd say he is choking less than Stoner this year... Everyone has bad races. Looks like Rossi has it together this year though.
ya, he's also not really been under a lot of pressure yet tho. Rossi is the king of throwing it down the road when he's in the position of "all you have to do is keep it on 2 wheels and you're set."

that said, he's gonna have to throw it down the road several times consecutivly in order for Casey to bag the title.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
PCP

Quote:
that said, he's gonna have to throw it down the road several times consecutivly in order for Casey to bag the title.
that's what I'm saying...
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
7c Forever

ya the odd thing is that Casey seems to perform flawlessly under pressure, take the pressure off and it's a crashfest, Rossi is the other way around, keep the pressure off and he's unstoppable, but rack it on and he crumbles.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
ya the odd thing is that Casey seems to perform flawlessly under pressure, take the pressure off and it's a crashfest, Rossi is the other way around, keep the pressure off and he's unstoppable, but rack it on and he crumbles.
What are you watching JR??? lol

Laguna, Stoner crumbled under pressure, Brno crumbled under pressure, now Misano again. I think you got it the other way around with your hatred on Rossi lol. Last I checked, Rossi has won way more races under pressure than Stoner...
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
What are you watching JR??? lol

Laguna, Stoner crumbled under pressure, Brno crumbled under pressure, now Misano again. I think you got it the other way around with your hatred on Rossi lol. Last I checked, Rossi has won way more races under pressure than Stoner...
I was going to say that but wanted to avoid dragging out a debate. But yeah, you pretty much nailed what I was thinking.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
When has Rossi lost a 75 points advantage in a championship?

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:31 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
When has Rossi lost a 75 points advantage in a championship?
never that I can think of. Possibly in 125's, but I doubt it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode