Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Another seat filled

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...pies-to-honda/

MOTOGP: Vermeulen Stays at Suzuki; Spies to Honda?

Chris Vermeulen will be a Suzuki MotoGP rider in 2009 having rejected a late surge of interest from the Gresini Honda team. Vermeulen has agreed terms for a one-year deal for next season which will be his fourth with the factory Suzuki squad.

The 26-year-old Australian is Suzuki’s most successful rider in MotoGP since 2000 world champion Kenny Roberts Jr.

Vermeulen's decision to sign means he will again partner Loris Capirossi at Suzuki and that AMA Superbike star Ben Spies will start his MotoGP career on a Honda if accepts one of two deals currently available.

Both the JIR and Gresini Honda satellite teams are in negotiation with Spies with JIR's boss Luca Monitron claiming that he has agreed to an option period and terms with Spies that can be concluded into a full contract following the Indianapolis Grand Prix.

Fausto Gresini, who was reportedly not happy when told that he missed Vermeulen, admits to contract talks with Spies's management.

Monitron says he has a U.S. sponsor lined up to back his deal and there are consistent rumors that Honda USA will also swing in behind Spies now that Nicky Hayden is confirmed at Ducati.

Vermeulen and Suzuki completed their long, and often complex, negotiations on the eve of the San Marino Grand Prix. Suzuki’s delaying tactics in fixing a deal with Vermeulen remain a mystery.

Vermeulen is Suzuki’s only race winner in the 4-stroke MotoGP era and has scored seven podiums so far in three seasons. And in the 30 races since the introduction of the 800cc class in 2007, Vermeulen is third on overall points (299) with only Casey Stoner (554) and Valentino Rossi (439) ahead after the San Marino GP.

Two days before the Misano race team boss Fausto Gresini thought he was very close to signing Vermeulen having formalized an offer that included the supply of HRC factory support.

Although there has been no formal announcement it is certain that Vermeulen will race alongside Loris Capirossi again in 2009.

“I’m very happy with the way things are progressing at Suzuki. There are still some paperwork details to finish off but I expect Suzuki will be making something official around the Indianapolis race,” Vermeulen said.

Vermeulen has often spoken of his plan to remain with a full factory team because of the level of technical support but sources close to the Gresini offer say that Vermeulen was greatly tempted by a factory Honda.

The one downside is that HRC have a policy of having multiple levels of 'factory bikes' and there would no guarantee that Vermeulen would get the same bikes as Honda number one Dani Pedrosa.

Having missed Vermeulen, Gresini must look further down his long list of candidates as a replacement. That list includes Spies, Sete Gibernau, and Toni Elias.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 AM

Interesting... dumped Honda factory support for Suzuki...

If Gresini wants Elias, they better do it quick, cause Ducati is about to renew his contract.

Alice eager to retain in-form Elias. | MOTOGP News | Crash.Net
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Interesting... dumped Honda factory support for Suzuki...

If Gresini wants Elias, they better do it quick, cause Ducati is about to renew his contract.

Alice eager to retain in-form Elias. | MOTOGP News | Crash.Net
yup because honda be given themselves a bad name with there antics thats why i keep saying spies should stay away from the honda outfits and i think elias needs to wait for after indy to test his ability with the ducati and see if he can continue with this form before he resigns because that bike has been kicking his ass all season and from the looks of it it seems the gp8 may be even more difficult to ride then the gp7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kid1000; 09-03-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
yup because honda be given themselves a bad name with there antics thats why i keep saying spies should stay away from the honda outfits and i think elias needs to wait for after indy to test his ability with the ducati and see if he can continue with this form before he resigns because that bike has been kicking his ass all season and from the looks of it it seems the gp8 may be even more difficult to ride then the gp7
But Spies jumping on a Suzuki he won't go far in GP, I still think he'd be better off with a Honda...
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
But Spies jumping on a Suzuki he won't go far in GP, I still think he'd be better off with a Honda...
and i agree... i dont wanna see him on either....i say ducati or yamaha will suit him best "team/bike"

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
and i agree... i dont wanna see him on either....i say ducati or yamaha will suit him best "team/bike"
Yamaha is out of seat, and not sure if Spies wants to ride on a satellite Ducati, which doesn't have much support from factory either.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yamaha is out of seat, and not sure if Spies wants to ride on a satellite Ducati, which doesn't have much support from factory either.
i know theres no seat over there for him im sayn those would be the bset combos for him...but even though the satellite ducati team doesnt have much support the bike is still very competitive as weve seen so...like i said before maybe he should prove himself there so when NH screws himself out of the factory seat he'll be next in line

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
...like i said before maybe he should prove himself there so when NH screws himself out of the factory seat he'll be next in line
lol I didn't think of that, good plan...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
lol I didn't think of that, good plan...
lmao

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 12:13 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
i know theres no seat over there for him im sayn those would be the bset combos for him...but even though the satellite ducati team doesnt have much support the bike is still very competitive as weve seen so...like i said before maybe he should prove himself there so when NH screws himself out of the factory seat he'll be next in line
so long as he can afford to hire proper suspension techs on his own wage, and maybe get Ammar over to help him with the telemetry. Shit, maybe even bring Tom Houseworth over.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 01:55 PM
250 cc pilota.

According to Italian site GPone Elias has signed with Aspar for 2009 and they have the following line up.

Yamaha Factory
Valentino Rossi
Jorge Lorenzo

Repsol Honda
Dani Pedrosa
Andrea Dovizioso?

Ducati Marlboro
Casey Stoner
Nicky Hayden

Rizla Suzuki
Loris Capirossi
Chris Vermeulen

Kawasaki Monster
John Hopkins
Marco Melandri

Honda Gresini
Alex De Angelis
Ben Spies?

Ducati Pramac
Mika Kallio?
Niccolò Canepa?

Yamaha Tech3
Colin Edwards
James Toseland

Honda Scot
Yuki Takahashi

Honda JiR
Ben Spies?

Honda LCR
Randy De Puniet

Kawasaki Aspar
Toni Elias

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 02:41 PM
7c Forever

wow, Yuki is moving up?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

what happen to nakano? lmao

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 04:15 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
wow, Yuki is moving up?
That´s the rumour. JIR and Team Scot have split wich is very bad news for Spies if he signs with JIR as the results this year is very much down to the Team Scot guys and not JIR. Luca Montiron of JIR have said that he has a written confirmation from HRC for a bike next year. That would mean that Honda will field a whooping eight bikes next year...

Quote:
what happen to nakano? lmao
I´d say he´ll stay at Gresini or be HRC test rider, Gresinin depending on what happens with Spies.

Last edited by Gustav O; 09-03-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 PM
No Crying Allowed

I tried to tell you guys last weekend that spies cut a deal with Honda... nobody listened

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:04 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
I tried to tell you guys last weekend that spies cut a deal with Honda... nobody listened
I did.

it's a shame tho, I still think Alstare Suzuki would have been a better seat for him, could have been a title contender right from the get-go.

He'd better use some of his big money to bring his guys along.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:04 PM
No Crying Allowed

p.s. Most likely it will be with Danny as well....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I did.

it's a shame tho, I still think Alstare Suzuki would have been a better seat for him, could have been a title contender right from the get-go.

He'd better use some of his big money to bring his guys along.
Yes I agree, he would have a much better following with Suzuki I think... but if he get's the factory Honda ride like was mentioned then I think that might suit him better?

p.s. I must have missed your post on it... been a little busy this week

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
7c Forever

actually I was meanin the WSBK Suzuki, but ya, the Honda here is better than the SUzuki, Suzuki motoGP is no good unless your last name is Roberts.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 07:20 AM
jimmy crack corn

If spies is going away from suxuke why are they giving him wildcard rides this year?
I am not disputing what is being said , just wondering the logic from Suzuki

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode