Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb WSBK ╗ Haga, Corser go 'electric' at Donington.

Haga, Corser go 'electric' at Donington.

Thursday, 4th September 2008

Noriyuki Haga and Troy Corser to run electronic suspension this weekend at Donington Park.

Yamaha Motor Italia riders Noriyuki Haga and Troy Corser will have the option of running full electronic suspension for the first time at this weekend's Donington Park round of the World Superbike Championship.

The new Ohlins units use electronic damping control and performed admirably during July's Vallelunga test.

"We will have one important technical advance to try at Donington, because we will have Íhlins electronic suspension to use for the first time in a race scenario," confirmed team manager Massimo Meregalli. "The feeling we had with the suspension in Vallelunga during a summer test was very good, so we asked Íhlins for the possibility to get two sets for the last few races of this season.

"They have gone ahead and made it happen. In the end they have completed a great job to make us not only two sets but also some spares, so we can use them right through from Donington to the end of the season. We are expecting that we can do better with this suspension than the conventional set-up.

"They should assist Troy in particular, as he used this system at Vallelunga and he was very happy with it. It should be good at some braking points at Donington, where we should really find an improvement with this type of system. We will run one bike for each rider on normal suspension and one with the new electronic system," he added.

Corser will start the weekend just 10 points behind second place Max Neukirchner, and has his heart set on an overdue first R1 win.

"I'm looking forward to Donington because our results there last year were quite good, and it's a track that I like. I had my first European wildcard ride there back in 1994 and I got two podiums there last year. Right now I am looking to Donington to get my first win for Yamaha, that's my aim this weekend," declared Corser, who took a double Donington podium in 2007. "We will be using Íhlins electronic suspension and I think it will be most useful for bump absorption."

Despite winning four races so far this season, Haga sits 12 points behind the ultra-consistent Corser - but still has a realistic chance of defending his championship runner-up position from 2007, with title leader Troy Bayliss now all but unstoppable.

"I'm relaxed and my battery is fully charged, so I'm looking forward to racing at Donington Park," said Nori. "I always like to race at British circuits, like Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Donington and I always seem to have very supportive fans. I also usually have good results in British races.

"Last year at Donington race one was very strange because after the first few laps I did not seem to have any grip, and by the time I did I could only finish fourth. Race two was special because it was my first win of 2007 as the race was held in April last year. I had a very exciting battle with Max Biaggi and I have a good memory of the last corner of the final lap.

"This year I will try to get maximum points from each Donington race," he concluded.

Yamaha Italia will run a special livery on race day at Donington Park.

Haga, Corser go 'electric' at Donington. | WSBK News | Crash.Net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM
250 cc pilota.

Íhlins = swedish =

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 PM
FAsT BOYS

sounds very nice. and yes because its swede it has to be good haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 03:29 PM
7c Forever

it'll be interesting to see how this works out.

you guys thought it was bad when the engine knew what corner you where in, it's only the beginning.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
sounds very nice. and yes because its swede it has to be good haha
Will these be for sale at Ikea?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Let's not forget the Swedish meatballs... those things rock over egg noodles!!!!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
it'll be interesting to see how this works out.

you guys thought it was bad when the engine knew what corner you where in, it's only the beginning.
+1 what is the series WSBK or MOTOGP or F1 (again) getting a bit grey with all the electronic goodies

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 09-04-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Sorry Junior, forgot to add one
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 09:18 PM
7c Forever

if it works here we'll see it on Vale's M1 before long. Then Stoner can bitch that he doesn't have Vale's suspension computer.

This is ooooollld tech tho, Lotus where playing with this in the '80's, while Chappy was still alive.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
haha im just talking trash because im part swedish
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
haha im just talking trash because im part swedish
They will...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image001.jpg (97.9 KB, 6 views)
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
This is ooooollld tech tho, Lotus where playing with this in the '80's, while Chappy was still alive.
lol Jr, EVERYTHING is old tech to you, even though Lotus's was on a car, not a bike. Hell, even a time machine would be old tech in your point of view if they ever succeed making one...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
They will...
I think I can fix that....

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 AM

Speaking of old tech.... when the hell is the Flux Capacitor gonna make it to F1 or MotoGP?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Speaking of old tech.... when the hell is the Flux Capacitor gonna make it to F1 or MotoGP?

As soon as Unobtanium is made freely available for race & street bikes

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
lol Jr, EVERYTHING is old tech to you, even though Lotus's was on a car, not a bike. Hell, even a time machine would be old tech in your point of view if they ever succeed making one...
hey man, I'm lookin for new ideas, not re-fried F1 idea's.

the last "new" one that comes to my head was the mass dampers in F1. in 500/990/800gp the last "new" one that jumps into my head is.... fuck I dunno, big bang I guess, even that tho isn't really that new, it's old Harley Davidson tech from the 60's, just HD didn't know what they where doing, it was accidental.

but ya, it takes more to impress me than re-hashing Colin Chapmans ideas. Chappy's been dead longer than I've been alive.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
7c Forever

and thru first Q they're in 12th and 24th, LOL. Off to a rocky start then. Better get'er dialed in quick, it'll be banned by 2010.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
dammit that's funny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode