Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
7c Forever

been a long time coming. I was wondering when we'd finally get the word.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:53 PM

I read on the roadracingworld site that Yamaha said they plan on racing in the "AMA". I thought the big 4 were together on this (not racing the DMG schedule)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Woo! 2009 is gonna be interesting..Getting my popcorn ready to watch the train wreck of competing series.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:39 PM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boom View Post
I read on the roadracingworld site that Yamaha said they plan on racing in the "AMA". I thought the big 4 were together on this (not racing the DMG schedule)?
Well I read awhile back that Yamaha and Kawi were originally saying they were going to race AMA regardless of what they put in place. Yamaha was all for every rule change, but I guess that's just because they are tired of getting their asses handed to them.

Duhamel, Hodgson, and Zemke were quoted as saying something along the lines of "We would rather chase down the leaders on our own, knowing that our hard work did so, rather than have the rules changed to make it easier on us"

Obviously Suzuki was against it since day one, Kawasaki seemed to get on board with Suzuki and Honda a little down the road, but Yamaha seems as though they really want rule changes.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I say run the bikes straight from the stealership with the lights removed, and only suspension work....

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony View Post
I say run the bikes straight from the stealership with the lights removed, and only suspension work....
then watch AMA, if it survives, lol.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:17 PM

boomshakalala!

I bet the Daytona 200 will be lame as fuck from now on... well lamer than it is now.

Last edited by racerraul; 09-10-2008 at 06:20 PM.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
boomshakalala!

I bet the Daytona 200 will be lame as fuck from now on... well lamer than it is now.
it's been lame since it went to fucking 600's.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 06:45 PM

Amen
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:32 PM
No Crying Allowed

Everyone is over reacting to this shit.... I'll be glad when it's over in a year or two.

The DMG had already stepped back and said they would adopt the WSBK rules for 2010, and if that's not good enough then piss on whoever doesn't like it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
jimmy crack corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
Everyone is over reacting to this shit.... I'll be glad when it's over in a year or two.

The DMG had already stepped back and said they would adopt the WSBK rules for 2010, and if that's not good enough then piss on whoever doesn't like it.

I'll be glad when it over also .
maybe the people are overreacting to it but the people are not the reason for the problem, what people are saying pro's and con's are reactions to the debacle .

I get the idea you are mad about it -but for maybe the same reason as others .... its not good for the sport , splitting and going away from the ama we all love so much.
all the records are now washing down the drain.
no * in the record books its all over.
I predict it will end with a big bang ,followed by a rebirth for the sport . I am just to impatient to wait, so I will just not pay as much attention to US roadracing for a while.

David
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 09:53 PM
No Crying Allowed

Ya I'm upset because most people are just taking sides without knowing the facts of the issues at hand. While I don't claim to know it all either, I have read enough to understand that the dmg was headed towards WSBK rules and that is where the series needs to be imo.

I think the manufactures just didn't like the attitude of DMG to start with and that has turned everything sour.

Like you said, it's bad for the sport and that's not something we need. It's hard enough to keep people interested with all the squids and stunters on the streets, now this as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 10:03 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
I think the manufactures just didn't like the attitude of DMG to start with and that has turned everything sour.
I agree 100%. It's DMG's attitude from the outset that set the big 4 against them, but DMG should have realized that the japanese attitude towards these things is vastly different from the american attitude. Once someone has declared themselves your enemy, there's no going back from the Japanese perspective, ever.

However, I'm not terribly fond of DMG's attitude on the issue either, and I stand by the manufacturers. It may be bad for the sport, but in my opinion, there comes a time when you have to stand by your principles, even if it hurts you in the short, or even long term.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 PM

I am under the understanding that DMG wanted a change for 09 and where hard headed about it. The manufacturers wanted a status quo for 09 with the same rules of 08 and the DMG didn't.

I don't care how it gets fixed so long as it is fixed already. The AMA screwed things up a few years back and it is in need of being fixed.

I am sure the BS behind Matt\Yosh has something to do with it to... How the heck do you deny appeals & not disclose the details as to why? Cause you can???

I'd be the 1st in line to give the power trip assholes the finger if you ask me...
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
I am under the understanding that DMG wanted a change for 09 and where hard headed about it. The manufacturers wanted a status quo for 09 with the same rules of 08 and the DMG didn't.

I don't care how it gets fixed so long as it is fixed already. The AMA screwed things up a few years back and it is in need of being fixed.

I am sure the BS behind Matt\Yosh has something to do with it to... How the heck do you deny appeals & not disclose the details as to why? Cause you can???

I'd be the 1st in line to give the power trip assholes the finger if you ask me...
Regarding Mladin's DQ, check the DQ thead, or Sept9th news on Superbikeplanet, They did release details on why it was denied.

As for this whole mess, I hadn't seen anything from DMG stating they were going to wsbk rules for 2010. They initially said they would feature a "literbike" class that would be almost the same as superbike is now, but that got canned when no manufacturers commented on it.

DMG screwed this all up and it's going to take time for the wounds to heal. Maybe a different series for a couple years is what everyone needs. I just hope it doesn't end up like CART/IRL.

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 05:42 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
I just hope it doesn't end up like CART/IRL.
This is my concern aswell. However I think that the shakedown shows pretty clearly that there's not much division between the fans on this.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Ok I did it. Got silly and wrote RRW an editorial on the way I feel. Wanna hear it? It goes a lil sumthin like dis...

As it appears there may be 2 possible American Motorcycle Roadracing Series in 2009 I am curious which side the track promoters will come down on. Will they court an event for each series or will they throw all their interest at one sanctioning body? I am sure each track promoter will handle it differently however there seems to be one thing everyone keeps referring to when they speculate on the future of the sport, the Indy Racing League and Kart Open Wheel Racing split.

What I believe needs to be pointed out is that The IRL and Kart Car split did indeed draw a line with manufacturers on one side (KART) and the heavily rules restricted owner biased (IRL) on the other. However one key difference has been overlooked…The IRL had primarily oval track promoters as a base where the KART sanctioning body looked almost completely towards road racing and street course promoters for support. Motorcycle road racing has only road course promoters and a bare few Infield oval tracks to play with. History shows that the IRL with a larger, better financed base of track promoters and a lineup of primarily American drivers had the most commercial success. In the end the two sanctioning bodies were worse off and the sport suffered.

Where both the open wheel series had top drivers and quality teams backed by national sponsors, the difference in the strength and number of the track promoters made the difference in which series gained the upper hand. Further, motorcycle roadracing in the US does not have the number of well financed teams and national sponsors that made full fields in two series possible in the open wheel community. They have only the manufacturers and one or two well sponsored teams, the rest are privateers with manufacturer contingency to support them.

Another consideration is which series will successfully negotiate some television airtime. Long the stepchild of the Speed Channel motorcycle road racing is just beginning to attract network attention with the MotoGP series. Which of the networks will gamble on which series and what sponsorship opportunities will come of that coverage?

I feel racers will be forced to run where the contingency and manufacturer support lies and even if the odds of a podium are better in the DMG organized races. Moreover most of the racers will want to court the manufacturers and factory teams in hopes of challenging and beating them at their own game or joining a factory backed effort in the future. Either way, what little hopes we have of attracting brand name sponsorship will be lessened by the division and our hopes of being a nationally recognized and appreciated sport will also suffer. On the opposing hand, those two objectives no matter how much we value them would not be a fair trade for losing our sports integrity like stock car racing did when it gave NASCAR a monopolizing control of its sport.

In the end I feel a racing sanctioning body should be like my ideal of government. Quietly invisible but in control, maintaining fairness and the safety of the competitors while letting the talent and the racing speak for themselves. As for me I will be tuning in to World Superbike and MotoGP and spending all my entertainment funds on track days rather than traveling to the professional events. Maybe someday the forces that be will reunite, adopt some consistent rules, and focus on getting our sport some decent exposure.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 02:42 PM
7c Forever

Smileyman, you should send that to Dave Despain, I'm sure it'd make WindTunnel.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 02:54 PM

I don't think this will end up like IRL\Cart, simply because even in the AMA, the manufacturers were the driving force... when the AMA changed the rules a while back, it ruined their series and part of that was because for a while factory support didn't exist in from every brand in SBK and the Daytona 200 lost its prestige going to FX.

DMG had an opportunity to right the AMA wrong, instead they thought that initially their ideas for racing would be adopted by the manufacturers, but it clearly didn't provide racers with any future in going to the world stage... only later did DMG try to make an attempt, but it still wasn't what the manufacturers wanted.

If the MIC can get the sponsors to support them and perhaps get Spike or Vs. to provide better racing coverage than the lame ass SPEEDTV, it'll be a success.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode