Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Recent Silly Season WSBK and MotoGP.

The latest rumours are.
  • No bike for JiR.
  • Team Scot will get that RC212V and put Yuki Takahashi on that bike.
  • Elias to Gresini
  • Canepa and Kallio to a rewamped Alice Ducati team
  • Aspar has not yet signed a rider his Kawasaki bike.
  • Spies wonīt get a MotoGP ride but is rumoured to Yamaha Motor Italia in WSBK as replacement for Haga!
  • Sylvain Guintoli has tested the Yamaha Motor Italia bike at Vallelunga and was app. one second off Hagas pace. He is rumoured to go to Yamaha France in WSBK
  • Leon Haslam is rumoured to go to Stiggy Motorsports and race in WSBK 2009

Spies to Yamaha Motor Italia would almost make me happy when they loose Haga to Ducati. In my opinion better for him than getting on a sattelite Honda or Kawasaki i MotoGP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Yes iv read this also somewhere....it defnetly seems that spies will not be in motogp this year. But I don't understand why hed want to goto yamaha over suzuki, especially since suzuki backs him with the $ and he's held develop the gixxer thus far, and hed be on a brand new r1 with a partner who's also new to that bike. Doesn't sound like a bright idea to me. Suzuki has only 1 rider signed thus far with 2 bikes still open and has already voiced that they'd be glad to have him so he should just take himself over there and prove that the reason the bike was so dominant in ama was bc of him the rider and not the bike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:18 AM

I thought Yamaha has already signed Sykes to replace Haga, unless Spies is to replace Corser?

Official: Sykes to WSBK with Yamaha. | WSBK News | Crash.Net

Quote:
It is assumed that Yamaha will want to pair Sykes with an experienced team-mate, meaning that double world champion Corser could be set to stay with Yamaha for a third season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Corser hasnīt resigned with Yamaha so I guess everything is possible. Iīd take SPies over Corser when looking at the furture. Give Spies one year at the tracks and he will be a real threat.

post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Corser hasnīt resigned with Yamaha so I guess everything is possible. Iīd take SPies over Corser when looking at the furture. Give Spies one year at the tracks and he will be a real threat.
This is something I don't get though, if Spies can't find a team or sponsor to pay his salary in MotoGP, how is he able to find one in WSBK? Biaggi's 2 years deal with Aprilia is less than what Spies is asking of US$2M for a single season.

By the way, Rea just confirmed with Ten Kate for WSBK.

Rea confirms Ten Kate WSBK promotion. | WSBK News | Crash.Net
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:37 AM
7c Forever

maybe he's doing what all the haters suggested and lowering his salary demands?

I agree tho, so long as it's not about the money, a 1 year deal with Alstare would be the best opportunity to turn some heads and prove that it's not just all the bike.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
maybe he's doing what all the haters suggested and lowering his salary demands?

I agree tho, so long as it's not about the money, a 1 year deal with Alstare would be the best opportunity to turn some heads and prove that it's not just all the bike.
yup, prove his metal their and learn the tracks and maybe get in at the gp level later when a better seat opens up.

post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 01:50 PM
7c Forever

factory seat from one of the top 2 manufacturers, or it's not worth it imo.

atm that's Ducati and Yamaha. Maybe we see Honda re-assert some dominance next year.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:

atm that's Ducati and Yamaha. Maybe we see Honda re-assert some dominance next year.
Iīd say the only factory team you donīt want to be in is Kawasaki. Alstare Suzuki, Yamaha Motor Italia, Cuati Corse and Ten Kate Honda are all very even and have all taken vixtories this year. The Ducati and the Yamaha seems to be the strongest at the moment though.

post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM
7c Forever

I was meaning in GP, not WSBK.

in supers it's ok to go to a satellite team. In GP it's suicide.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

+ 1 on the factory seat but i think honda has actually done better then yamaha this year bc the only ones consistent from yamaha is rossi and lorenzo when he's not injured the tech 3 guys are mid packers where pedrosa/dovi/angelis are constently at the front with some flashs from hayden and nakano

post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:42 PM
7c Forever

Tech3 where kicking ass and taking names early in the season, and if anything that logic means that the Ducati is the worst bike on the grid.

Yamaha still lead constructors championship I think.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Iīd say the only factory team you donīt want to be in is Kawasaki. Alstare Suzuki, Yamaha Motor Italia, Cuati Corse and Ten Kate Honda are all very even and have all taken vixtories this year. The Ducati and the Yamaha seems to be the strongest at the moment though.
i agree...idk whats kawi's deal in wsbk.... the bikes good in hackings hands and surpasses the r1 in ama which are similarly setup like the wsbk bikes...must be the riders

post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:43 PM
7c Forever

Kawasaki has been the bike to beat in Cdn Sbk for several years now. I attribute that more to the rider than anything tho, and it's not Yoshimura type domination either.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Tech3 where kicking ass and taking names early in the season, and if anything that logic means that the Ducati is the worst bike on the grid.

Yamaha still lead constructors championship I think.
true they were but the only one to podium is edwards and other then that how many times did they finish in the top 5? and yamahas got that due to the amount of combined wins from rossi and lorenzo...their the only team whos had both their riders take wins and look how many times theyve 1,2ed the podium and one time 1,2,3, everyone else has 1 winner... ducati-stoner, honda- pedrosa, and thats it

Quote:
Kawasaki has been the bike to beat in Cdn Sbk for several years now. I attribute that more to the rider than anything tho, and it's not Yoshimura type domination either.
never gotten a chance to see that series and it must be the rider bc god knows that the 06/07 zx10 was a terrible bike

Last edited by kid1000; 09-24-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #16 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:50 PM
7c Forever

Lorenzo's 1 win is hardly championship swinging.

but ya, this is what I'm saying, the Yamaha's are able to put just about anybody on the box even Edwards. This doesn't happen with any other bike on the grid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
never gotten a chance to see that series and it must be the rider bc god knows that the 06/07 zx10 was a terrible bike
the hp limit helped I think, but the rider and team is really the issue I think. It's very much like the Yosh juggernaught in that it's just a well run team that has an eye for talent and an ability to get the bikes developed around the riders styles.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 09-24-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #17 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Lorenzo's 1 win is hardly championship swinging.

but ya, this is what I'm saying, the Yamaha's are able to put just about anybody on the box even Edwards. This doesn't happen with any other bike on the grid.
has the lil bastard only won 1 race? hmm i thought it was more then that but 1 thing is for sure and thats that he's been on the podium alot and yes i do agree that the yamaha is probably the most compatible but i dont think the most dominant

post #18 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 02:54 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
has the lil bastard only won 1 race? hmm i thought it was more then that but 1 thing is for sure and thats that he's been on the podium alot and yes i do agree that the yamaha is probably the most compatible but i dont think the most dominant
it's got most wins, most podiums, and seems to work (or atleast has worked) for every rider that's been on it. I'd call that the dominant bike. Atleast when you're comparing it to the others on the grid.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
it's got most wins, most podiums, and seems to work (or atleast has worked) for every rider that's been on it. I'd call that the dominant bike. Atleast when you're comparing it to the others on the grid.
but out of their 4 riders only rossi and lorenzo are consistently competitive and on the honda you have pedrosa, dovi, anglis,... like i said if think its the easiest to ride but i dont think the most dominant... bc without rossi who would be leading the championship.... stoner and and out of the top ten hondas got 4 of the spots

post #20 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Mat

It will be interesting to see which way the Yamaha Italia WSBK team go with their pairing with Sykes, considering it will be a new bike with an engine working differently to how it does now. I would have thought that they would partner Sykes with someone with previous WSBK experience ahead of someone like Spies.

Has there been more rumors around West to the Kawasaki WSBK team? If they haven't signed anyone by now, you would think that they would have already penciled him in for seat there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode