Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

So Haga goes to Ducati...

Ok we all know that Haga is headed to Ducati to fill in Bayliss seat. And while Haga's tenure on a Ducati before wasn't bad, I can't help but think I rather he had stayed with Yamaha.

His 2000 run on the R7 is memorable, and he really scored more points than Colin, but some medications apparently caused him some points that saw him not get him & Yamaha the elusive WSBK title.

I have no doubt that Haga has what it takes, but what do you guys think?

The Ducati only seemed a consistent performer at the hands of Superman (Bayliss) but you could see that while Haga's R1 was on rails in the bends, Bayliss Duc was bucking under him at times, and not always went where he wanted as he ran wide a few times chasing\batling Haga on whoever was up front.

Can Haga tame the beast, get it to turn like the R1 which I am sure he likes? I sure would like to see it happen, Haga deserves a title with as many wins as he's had in the league.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
No Crying Allowed

This will be interesting....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 PM

He's no Bayliss in any order. He won't live up to expectation, but is an incredible rider no doubt.

My mods are ghey...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
I like Haga, he has the balls to ride any bike. I reckon the Ducati will be a breath of fresh air to him and a bit of fun.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
I like Haga, he has the balls to ride any bike. I reckon the Ducati will be a breath of fresh air to him and a bit of fun.
I like him too and he sure is a great racer, but i'm not sure he has the consistency to be WSBK champion.
I hope Ducati can change that
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Mr.

He's a great rider , but I feel he should've stayed on the R1.The last time he was on a twin for that matter aprilla or ducati it was a disaster that lead him back to yamaha .
why not try and jump to honda or suzuki ??.
He definately desurves a WSBK title handsdown , I only hope 2009 is Hagas year..
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 AM
250 cc pilota.

Was it really a disaster in 2004 when he was on Ducati? He won six races that year and finished third in the championship. Due to too many mechanical failures he didnīt win.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox View Post
He's no Bayliss in any order. He won't live up to expectation, but is an incredible rider no doubt.

Bayliss would not be much either without the Ducati.

Haga is going to be a real contender on the Duc. GO Haga!!!

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox View Post
Dylan, normally I'd agree with you, but not this time.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:20 PM
jimmy crack corn

I think haga will have to adapt to the ducati. I think he can do it , but he is going to be up against a real talented field.

I think his skill of being able to save his tires and take strange lines in the corners for an advantage is a showing of his talent . a talent he can use to get the advantages out of the ducati.

Ducati gave Troy his big break I think he was older and got an unexpected wild card ride. but he could win on a kick-n-go if he put his mind to it.

haga has had some bad luck and some self inflicted problems also.

David
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Resident Redneck

Haga does very well with the R1, I personally believe he will do very will with the 1198.

Haga for SBK Champ next year

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
Bayliss would not be much either without the Ducati.
So you think that Troy is the second most successfull SBK rider in history and has the best win rate ever becuase he is on a Ducati? Sorry I have to disagree with you there.

I think Nori will struggle early in the year but will come good in the middle. My tip for next years title will be a Ten Kate rider
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
So you think that Troy is the second most successful SBK rider in history and has the best win rate ever because he is on a Ducati.
That is what I said.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Was it really a disaster in 2004 when he was on Ducati? He won six races that year and finished third in the championship. Due to too many mechanical failures he didnīt win.
On a privateer team, no less... I don't think that was a factory supported Ducati he was on.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
That is what I said.
What about every other rider that has ridden a factory Ducati during Troy's career? How come they aren't as successful?
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Corser Bagged one... Fogarty bagged 4... Bayliss 3...

All great ryders IMHO, and yes the Ducati was\is a great bike... how else would they have done it? A diff bike? Possibly... Corser has on a Suzuki already.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
What about every other rider that has ridden a factory Ducati during Troy's career? How come they aren't as successful?

Ducati labels one rider as their top guy and constantly develops the bike around them.

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:09 PM
No Crying Allowed

Just like stoner ...........whoops I'm sorry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
Just like stoner ...........whoops I'm sorry

The Duc Stoner won on, was designed for Capi

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Dylan, normally I'd agree with you, but not this time.
I just read something in Crash.net about how Bayliss is like the third most dominant rider in the world right now or has been (cant recall exactly).

I merely suggest Haga has BIG shoes to fill.

Also to be noted as said the other twins he did not do well, but this is a totally diffferent bike excluding the mill being a overbore of the last one. (Or I believe it is)

It will be exciting to see no doubt!

My mods are ghey...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode