Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

More Puig Propaganda

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Oct/081016rn.htm
Ryder Notes: How HRC became PRC (Puig Racing Corp)
by julian ryder, on the ground in Malaysia
Thursday, October 16, 2008
I assume that by now you've all read Alberto Puig's astonishing attempt at character assassination of Nicky Hayden on the official MotoGP site.
How, you may ask yourself, does such a tirade end up on the official website of the Championship? The answer lies in an interview Nicky gave to the important Spanish daily paper El Pais; it was headlined 'Pedrosa's agent runs Honda.' Nicky made plain his respect for Honda and the work his team puts in but regretted in quite sober terms the friction caused not by Dani but by Puig.
On reading this, Puig didn't contact El Pais, he rung the guys who write motogp.com. That would have been an internal phone call as Puig has an office in Dorna's HQ from which he runs the MotoGP Academy that does a good job bringing on the next generation of racers with the help of Red Bull and KTM.
I understand that Puig would also have seen the copy before it went live--so he can't claim he was misquoted. Nicky was asked about it today, and at first refused to elaborate. Then he decided to make sure we understood what he had said. First he made it clear that he thinks that Puig runs the team, that's what he said to El Pais and that's what he meant to say. He doesn't give a stuff about the wall down the pit. As for Puig's frankly barking suggestion that Nicky was upset about losing access to Dani's data, Nicky told the pre-event press conference that he hadn't seen any data from that side of the pit for many a month, let alone used it but that 'He [Dani] sees everybody's data.'
The thing that exercises my mind is this is what Nicky Hayden, a guy you know will always do the right thing, is saying while he's still a Honda rider. What's he going to say when he's free to say what really happened?
ENDS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

intresting well heres nickys interview :

MotoGP Hayden: Puig runs Repsol Honda.

Departing Repsol Honda rider Nicky Hayden has responded to the recent claims made by team-mate Dani Pedrosa's manager Alberto Puig.

During a scathing attack on the official MotoGP website, Puig stated that the 2006 world champion used to 'copy' Pedrosa's settings - prior to the Spaniard's tyre change - because he can't set-up a bike himself, was never a rival to Pedrosa and is a 'hypocrite' for claiming that he doesn't have a problem with Dani after their 2006 Portuguese GP clash.

Puig's words came shortly after comments from Hayden in a Spanish 'paper, in which the #69 claimed that Puig runs Repsol Honda.
Speaking on the eve of this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix, Hayden was asked about Puig's comments - and also what he himself had said in the Spanish interview.

"I don't want to go back into having a cat and fight with words, back and forth with this guy and defend everything he said [about me]," smiled the 2009 Ducati Marlboro rider, before standing by his assertion that Puig controls Repsol Honda.

"I'm not even sure what I said once it got translated [into Spanish]. I think I said something just about the fact that Puig basically runs our team, runs HRC at the moment. I really believe that.

"I do think Yamano has done a great job as a team manager - and that guy is in a tough, tough spot! I know he's got a lot of heat coming at him from all directions!

"That's basically what I said... I need to quit being a hypocrite I guess!" he joked, referring to one of Puig's claims.

Nevertheless, Hayden admitted he was angry at Puig's comments that he had copied Pedrosa's set-up prior to the garage split.

Hayden has used the pneumatic-valve engine from round eight at Donington Park, while Pedrosa remained on the valve-spring design until Indianapolis (round 14).

"The stuff he said about sharing data is a joke and that's why I'm mad," said Hayden. "I haven't seen Pedrosa's data for a long time. The truth is he sees everybody's data. Let's be clear about that. If it's me fastest or Dovizioso fastest, he sees everything."
In the three races since the Repsol pits were (officially) divided, Nicky has claimed two podiums from three races and outscored Pedrosa by 23 points.

"It's been quite fun the last few weeks, not great results, but to be competitive - being on the front row and getting a couple of podiums," said Hayden of his recent form. "Waking up in the morning and really feeling that you have a legitimate chance to really do something, it just feels good.

"Also, you get a lot of support. A lot of people come up to you from other teams congratulating you - they don't have to do that. It makes a guy feel pretty good. Now I want two good weekends. They don't just give podiums away; you've got to earn them."
Despite the bitter atmosphere in the Repsol Honda pits, Hayden confessed that he will miss the team.

"I've been with this team and with these guys six years. I don't want to be to soft or anything, but it's also a bit emotional," he said. "Those are the guys who brought me to Europe. It's time to move on but I'm certainly grateful to the team and all the guys there."

Looking to the future, Hayden will get his first ride on next year's Desmosedici GP9 immediately after the season-ending Valencian Grand Prix, on October 26.

"I'm looking forward to it a lot. As it gets closer I get a little more nervous. I'm excited about the opportunity I've got. I'm looking forward to getting on that bike and working with that team," he said.

The 800cc Desmosedici has been a devastatingly effective weapon in the hands of 2007 world champion Casey Stoner, but has stubbornly refused to consistently unleash its speed for every other rider.

Of the 16 wins, 31 podiums and 13 poles takes by the Desmosedici since the start of 2007, all but 1 win and 7 podiums have been achieved by Stoner - and Hayden believes it won't take long to find out if the machine will suit him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

and the last part:

"I don't think it'll take long for me to know, I should know how it's going to be pretty quick," he said. "Valencia might not be the best track to start out on that bike, but it's a track I like and yeah, I'm gonna find out real quick. I'm trying not to think about it too much and just worry about my job for now."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
and the last part:

"I don't think it'll take long for me to know, I should know how it's going to be pretty quick," he said. "Valencia might not be the best track to start out on that bike, but it's a track I like and yeah, I'm gonna find out real quick. I'm trying not to think about it too much and just worry about my job for now."
You think that maybe he's confidence he'll find out how the Ducati will suit him because he is taking Dani with him in his front pocket to that test? Seriously, Puig will have us believe as much so it must be so...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode