Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Official Malaysia MotoGP Thread ***Spoilers***

SEPANG, MALAYSIA, OCT 17: Yamaha riders went one-two in MotoGP afternoon practice in Sepang, as they had in the morning, but one of the names was different, as was the order.

Tech 3 Yamaha’s Colin Edwards turned in the fastest lap of the day in the briefly rain-interrupted second practice session. Fourth in the morning, Edwards took nearly a second out of his time to finish with a 2:02.667 minute lap for the 3.45-mile track, site of the penultimate round of the MotoGP World Championship.

The time was the best on the day, but by only .026 secs. over what Fiat Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi had done in the morning. Rossi couldn’t match his time in the afternoon, coming second to Edwards by .171 secs. Teammate Jorge Lorenzo, second in the morning, dropped to 10th in the afternoon session and fifth overall for the day.

Ducati Marlboro’s Casey Stoner was third fastest in both sessions, with his afternoon time an improvement of .223 secs.

Next in the afternoon was the surprising Shinya Nakano (San Carlo Honda Gresini). Nakano was at the top for much of the session, including during the brief period 20 minutes in when a very brief rain sent everyone to the garage.

Nakano may be riding for a job. Dropped from the San Carlo Honda Gresini team, the Japanese rider has been rumored as the third Kawasaki rider. But with the team run by Spaniard Jorge "Aspar" Martinez, it's thought a Spanish rider will be tabbed.

Repsol Honda’s Dani Pedrosa was much improved in the afternoon. After floundering around in 17th place in the morning, the Spaniard took over a second out of his time to finish fifth in the session and sixth overall.

Pedrosa’s teammate Nicky Hayden went from sixth in the morning to ninth in the afternoon, despite lowering his time by a tenth of a second.

After Pedrosa came Rizla Suzuki’s Loris Capirossi, four-tenths quicker in the afternoon, and San Carlo Honda Gresini’s Andrea Dovizioso, also quicker by a similar margin.

Then LCR Honda’s Randy de Puniet, the Frenchman who managed to get through the session without crashing.

Hayden and Lorenzo were next.

Kawasaki’s John Hopkins went slower in the afternoon and fell to 18th in the session.

Friday Afternoon Practice:

1. Colin Edwards (Yamaha) 2:02.667

2. Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) 2:02.838

3. Casey Stoner (Ducati) 2:02.970

4. Shinya Nakano (Honda) 2:03.050

5. Dani Pedrosa (Honda) 2:03.232

6. Loris Capirossi (Suzuki) 2:03.346

7. Andrea Dovizioso (Honda) 2:03.430

8. Randy de Puniet (Honda) 2:03.474

9. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 2:03.550

10. Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) 2:03.598

11. Chris Vermeulen (Suzuki) 2:03.723

12. Anthony West (Kawasaki) 2:03.925

13. Toni Elias (Ducati) 2:04.183

14. James Toseland (Yamaha) 2:04.190

15. Sylvain Guintoli (Ducati) 2:04.204

16. Alex de Angelis (Honda) 2:04.281

17. Marco Melandri (Ducati) 2:04.391

18. John Hopkins (Kawasaki) 2:04.568

19. Nobu Aoki (Suzuki) 2:05.998

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

WTF: West serves up a shock in third Free Practice session

As happened on Friday morning, Casey Stoner was overthrown from the top spot in Saturday´s third Free Practice session by a late showing from one of his rivals. This time it was the turn of Kawasaki´s Anthony West as his fellow Australian set the quickest time of the weekend to date.
West recorded a 2´02.116 lap of the Malaysian track to top the MotoGP timesheet in the dry for the first time this season, undercutting his fellow Australian by just four-thousandths of a second. Last year he earned his best grid position of the season in Sepang, and looks capable of doing similar in the afternoon qualifying session for the 2008 Polini Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix after this latest result.
2007 racewinner Stoner was once again consistently fast, as were Fiat Yamaha´s Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi. The Fiat Yamaha duo were riding comfortably in the low 2´02´s, having been pleased with the performance of their respective M1 machines on Friday.
Repsol Honda´s Dani Pedrosa benefitted from further dry time with which to setup his bike, pacing fifth ahead of Andrea Dovizioso, Shinya Nakano, Loris Capirossi, Nicky Hayden and yesterday´s fastest man, Colin Edwards. The latter was the only rider not to cut his time from Friday during the session.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Resident Redneck

He must have used a QP tire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 02:32 AM

Sepang - Qualifying times.

The session took place on a drying track and ended with Dani Pedrosa's first pole position with Bridgestone tyres and the pneumatic-valve Honda...

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (B) 2min 1.548 sec
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (B) 2min 1.957 sec
3. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 2min 2.171 sec
4. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 2min 2.192 sec
5. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 2min 2.245 sec
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP (M) 2min 2.836 sec
7. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 2min 2.953 sec
8. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 3.078 sec
9. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 2min 3.110 sec
10. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 2min 3.184 sec
11. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 3.271 sec
12. James Toseland GBR Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 2min 3.282 sec
13. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 2min 3.392 sec
14. Marco Melandri ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 2min 3.835 sec
15. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 2min 4.001 sec
16. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alice Team (B) 2min 4.378 sec
17. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 2min 4.679 sec
18. Nobuatsu Aoki JPN Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 4.835 sec
19. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (B) 2min 5.120 sec
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 09:58 AM
No Crying Allowed

looks like a great race ahead... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Resident Redneck

Can't wait.

QP was great.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 10:35 PM

When does the race start?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Resident Redneck

In about an hour and a half

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:40 AM

Ok you diesel driving homo... I'm expecting a play by play so I can make it over the work night
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
*** spoiler ***

*** spoiler ***

*** spoiler ***

*** spoiler ***

*** spoiler ***

1 Rossi
2 Pedrosa
3 Dovi
4 Hayden
5 Nakano
6 Stoner
7 Capirossi
8 Edwards
9 Vermeulen
10 dePuniet

Awesome battle for 3rd between Hayden and Dovi.
Rossi stalked, passed and crushed Dani... f**k you Alberto!
Nakano rode a great race Stoner seemed to be having problems and never really had an impact on the race

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:52 AM
No Crying Allowed

thanks for the report. Can't wait to watch it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:00 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
caught myself napping mid-race... top notch effort by dovi

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post

Late afternoon nanna nap......Niiice
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 04:04 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
Yeah, Dovi rode an awesome race and Hayden looked good, made a couple of ballsy passes and scrapped hard for 3rd ... guess he must have got a hold of the midget's settings again eh??

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
*** spoiler ***

*** spoiler ***

*** spoiler ***

*** spoiler ***

*** spoiler ***

1 Rossi
2 Pedrosa
3 Dovi
4 Hayden
5 Nakano
6 Stoner
7 Capirossi
8 Edwards
9 Vermeulen
10 dePuniet

Awesome battle for 3rd between Hayden and Dovi.
Rossi stalked, passed and crushed Dani... f**k you Alberto!
Nakano rode a great race Stoner seemed to be having problems and never really had an impact on the race
I'm really happy for Dovi for getting a podium.

Although Elias finished a lowly 15th, he still managed to get ahead of Marco after serving a penalty... lmao

Quote:
Marco Melandri – sixteenth

`There are only negatives to take out of a race like that. We went back to the settings we used yesterday afternoon but I didn´t have the same feeling. I had hardly any feeling with the front from the first few laps and I couldn´t brake hard into the corners. From then on things just got worse. I went for a softer rear tyre so the grip was good at the start but I almost crashed a couple of times in the fast corners in the second half of the race and that took away any shred of confidence I had left.´
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:44 AM

Valentino Rossi – Race Winner

`The conditions were unbelievable because the temperatures were incredible out there. We worked hard to get the M1 strong during the winter here, and we knew that the bike was suitable for the type of corners that we have here. We worked very well with the team this year and started off with a great setting. I had a great battle early in the race with Dani, but I had ten laps alone which, although the track is fun, were hard work. I´m happy because it´s my ninth victory of the year; I like this number and will try for ten in Valencia!´

Dani Pedrosa – Second Place

`When I was in front I felt that Valentino was comfortable behind me all the time. I knew that he would push when in front, but I was unable to improve my pace. Valentino always gives more in the race than in practice, and we need to learn this and push harder. The weekend had started hard, but we kept improving and finally were able to get second. Second place is very good and we are happy with this.´

Andrea Dovizioso – Third Place

`I´m really happy about my first podium. It was very difficult this year, we had many problems. We worked a lot and can be really happy with the result. It was so important for my team because next year I will go to HRC. It was a difficult race because of the temp. tried push 100% and always on the front. Never saw nicky´s line so didn't know where he would try to overtake me.´
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 AM
No Crying Allowed

Dani is just now learning that Rossi pushes harder in the race WHERE IT MATERS?

slow learner

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Abusin' the scooter

He doesn't get enough oxygen to his brain being that close to the ground.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 10:09 AM
No Crying Allowed

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:41 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling burnout View Post
Late afternoon nanna nap......Niiice
just ask pete, i'm the master of the nanna nap

prejudices are what fools use for reason

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode