Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Dani and Alberto

Does anyone else wish Dani P would kick his a**hole manager to the kerb?
I personally have nothing but respect for Dani, he's a hell of a rider, not endowed with the most electric personality perhaps but so what? That being said I think that Alberto Puig has made a lot of decisions and statements that have reflected negatively on Dani ... case in point, the supposed animosity between Dani and Nicky; Nicky 'stealing' Dani's settings which to anyone with half a brain would be ridiculous ... why steal the settings of a guy who is running a different engine / frame and weighs 20 kgs less than you?

I just read this statement from Dovi regarding Dani and it got me thinking is all...

Dani is a former 125cc and 250cc World Champion and a great rider, but first of all he is a good guy, probably even shyer than I am. Maybe this is the reason why we donīt have a great feeling yet, but we will have a lot of time to know each other,ī said the rider about to enter his sophomore year in the premier class. `I think right now he is not reaching his level on the road, maybe also because of his manager

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
No Crying Allowed

I would have to agree, I think a switch is in order for Dani.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
good call

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Mr.

I'am not a pedrosa fan by any means but to each his own. agreed puig is very bad for Honda and he needs to be clipped, the wrong guy left the team as far as I see it .

Last edited by Mr.; 11-10-2008 at 11:40 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 12:29 AM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. View Post
I'am not a pedrosa fan by any means but to each his own. agreed puig is very bad for Honda and he needs to be clipped, the wrong guy left the team as far as I see it .
I agree... I think Nicky would have done a lot better without Puig there.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 03:08 AM

Go Dovi!!!

I wonder what Puig has to say about this.

Apparently, both Honda and Yamaha will continue to work with a wall between the two riders in 2009, other teams also believe this is the best way to work.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 AM
7c Forever

it's a weird thing, but the US/Japan/French mentallity is that your teammate is your buddy that will help you out or you'll run interference for if he needs help.

Spanish opinion is that your teammate is your arch rival. Same equipment, the guy you've gotta beat etc.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

i think puig is a bad influence but i think in many ways they are to of the same, thus the reason theyve been together all this time... Dani's personality and the few actions that are known support this....for example his demands with honda "tires, viewing settings" , his attitude/dislike for lorenzo, and nicky... hes never done anything to have us believe he's not the spoiled angry little shit he is!...its good to have rivals but you leave the animosity on the track and show good sportsmanship and not take it personal...but he is still very young... so we will just have to see the type of rider he becomes in the future....and ditching puig will defnetly help to achieve that transformation in personality....but thats just my .02

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Old & slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Does anyone else wish Dani P would kick his a**hole manager to the kerb?
I agree, but it doesn't happen that way.

Alberto Puig not only runs the team, but due to his a**hole nature has a strong voice in the entire MotoGP paddock.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:21 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
i think puig is a bad influence but i think in many ways they are to of the same, thus the reason theyve been together all this time... Dani's personality and the few actions that are known support this....for example his demands with honda "tires, viewing settings" , his attitude/dislike for lorenzo, and nicky... hes never done anything to have us believe he's not the spoiled angry little shit he is!...its good to have rivals but you leave the animosity on the track and show good sportsmanship and not take it personal...but he is still very young... so we will just have to see the type of rider he becomes in the future....and ditching puig will defnetly help to achieve that transformation in personality....but thats just my .02
Have you ever read any interviews with Dani? I think your view of him is quite biased because of what has been said in the recent Hayden/Puig/HRC deals.
Dani doesnīt come across as a go-happy person but the reason for that is that he is very dedicated and serious about his performance and he tries to avoid things that are not relevant for him at the track.
What has he taken personally a side from the track? He said Hayden wasnīt ver y good at development when asked about what he thought.
Angry? Is he very angry beside the track, or even at the track? His rivalry with Lorenzo isnīt just one way to say the least.
I think that your view is Hayden biased and not correct. Also one should remember that Puig has done a lot for Pedrosa but donīt take his words for Pedrosas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPsycho View Post
I agree, but it doesn't happen that way.

Alberto Puig not only runs the team, but due to his a**hole nature has a strong voice in the entire MotoGP paddock.
I think people are jumping to a lot of conclusions here. Hayden has said that Puig runs the team but I really doubt that HRC are people that are easily bossed around.
Puig is vocal, has showns results and not afraid to speak his mind but how can that be a bad thing? I am sure all riders/teams/managers/etc try to get the best out the enviroment for their own goals. It is still a world championship.

Last edited by Gustav O; 11-11-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:19 PM

Gustav... forget ANYTHING Nicky said... because we all know you'll never give him the benefit of the doubt...

Instead lets put more focus on what Dovi is saying... because in such a short time he is at a loss for positive words when it comes to Puig.

That is worth noting...

Perhaps Dani might be better off without that idiot... might help him make some sense when he opens his mouth for a change.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:31 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Gustav... forget ANYTHING Nicky said... because we all know you'll never give him the benefit of the doubt...

Instead lets put more focus on what Dovi is saying... because in such a short time he is at a loss for positive words when it comes to Puig.

That is worth noting...

Perhaps Dani might be better off without that idiot... might help him make some sense when he opens his mouth for a change.
OK...........
I havenīt said anything about what Hayden said. I am talking about your conclusions about what he said and that we really donīt know that much and that people tend to judge Pedrosa based on their opinion about what Puig said about Hayden, among other things.
I do not think Puig is the most likeable guy in the paddock but he has a clear idea, is deciated to it and has gotten results that many people can just dream about. People dislike him but he doesnīt care and you think what you like about that.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Have you ever read any interviews with Dani? I think your view of him is quite biased because of what has been said in the recent Hayden/Puig/HRC deals.
Dani doesnīt come across as a go-happy person but the reason for that is that he is very dedicated and serious about his performance and he tries to avoid things that are not relevant for him at the track.
What has he taken personally a side from the track? He said Hayden wasnīt ver y good at development when asked about what he thought.
Angry? Is he very angry beside the track, or even at the track? His rivalry with Lorenzo isnīt just one way to say the least.
I think that your view is Hayden biased and not correct. Also one should remember that Puig has done a lot for Pedrosa but donīt take his words for Pedrosas.

I think people are jumping to a lot of conclusions here. Hayden has said that Puig runs the team but I really doubt that HRC are people that are easily bossed around.
Puig is vocal, has showns results and not afraid to speak his mind but how can that be a bad thing? I am sure all riders/teams/managers/etc try to get the best out the enviroment for their own goals. It is still a world championship.
i say angry because his attitude when his countryman won his 1st gp vs when he won a race this season was visually different...and not even wanting to congratulate a fellow rider for personal reasons even when the person is reaching out to you is bad sportsmanship.... my view has nothing to do with NH and that arguement is getting played out...hes possibly the only rider on the grid that almost everyone can identify that he has a spoiled brat attitude...does this make everyone a biased NH fan?

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
OK...........
I havenīt said anything about what Hayden said. I am talking about your conclusions about what he said and that we really donīt know that much and that people tend to judge Pedrosa based on their opinion about what Puig said about Hayden, among other things.
I do not think Puig is the most likeable guy in the paddock but he has a clear idea, is deciated to it and has gotten results that many people can just dream about. People dislike him but he doesnīt care and you think what you like about that.
You mentioned that you doubt Hayden's claim in which he said Puig runs HRC.

I don't think Hayden meant he runs HRC HQ here,,, simply that Puig runs the team. I don't see how that is so far fetched for anyone when clearly Puig has been managing Dani since 125 & 250's. I don't think it far fetched to believe that Puig provides direction in the team.. afterall the guy is managing the lead development rider.

And finally I don't think it far fetched the guy had been lobbying a split garage for a long time now. We saw it happen before the season ended with the tire situation. And Dovi might just be hinting at more of the same and he just arrived.

I know he doesn't give a rats nest about what I or anyone thinks... but he sure is a dumb ass if he thinks the fans are dumb enough to not see his lack of participation in the team as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Go Dovi!!!

I wonder what Puig has to say about this.

Apparently, both Honda and Yamaha will continue to work with a wall between the two riders in 2009, other teams also believe this is the best way to work.
With the tire situation changing, I thought both Rossi & JLo would no longer be split up as last year...

care to elaborate on that?

Last edited by racerraul; 11-11-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:49 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
i say angry because his attitude when his countryman won his 1st gp vs when he won a race this season was visually different...and not even wanting to congratulate a fellow rider for personal reasons even when the person is reaching out to you is bad sportsmanship.... my view has nothing to do with NH and that arguement is getting played out...hes possibly the only rider on the grid that almost everyone can identify that he has a spoiled brat attitude...does this make everyone a biased NH fan?
I beg to differ about Pedrosa being a "spoiled brat". He comes from a very ordinary background and has through skill and very hard work got three titles and support from HRC. Lorenzo has had a very big part in the feud as well as his former manager Dani Amatriain so it is not just Pedrosa in that case, just like Rossi never gave Gibernau anything after the Qatar incident.
The Hayden angle is because pedrosa is clearly more disliked at USA based internetforums than others that I visit regulary. I may be wrong but I think that plays a part in peoples view about Pedrosa.

Quote:
You mentioned that you doubt Hayden's claim in which he said Puig runs HRC.

I don't think Hayden meant he runs HRC HQ here,,, simply that Puig runs the team. I don't see how that is so far fetched for anyone when clearly Puig has been managing Dani since 125 & 250's. I don't think it far fetched to believe that Puig provides direction in the team.. afterall the guy is managing the lead development rider.

And finally I don't think it far fetched the guy had been lobbying a split garage for a long time now. We saw it happen before the season ended with the tire situation. And Dovi might just be hinting at more of the same and he just arrived.

I know he doesn't give a rats nest about what I or anyone thinks... but he sure is a dumb ass if he thinks the fans are dumb enough to not see his lack of participation in the team as a whole.
I think his role within the HRC team is slightly exaggerated but on the other hand he has given HRC a lot of success.
As long as they get the results Puig wonīt care about any fans. He is in it for winning. As I said - he is not very likable but he gets results.

Last edited by Gustav O; 11-11-2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I beg to differ about Pedrosa being a "spoiled brat". He comes from a very ordinary background and has through skill and very hard work got three titles and support from HRC.
The Hayden angle is because pedrosa is clearly more disliked at USA based internetforums than others that I visit regulary. I may be wrong but I think that plays a part in peoples view about Pedrosa.
dont get me wrong i take nothing from pedrosas skills and achievements... and just because he came from a normal life doesnt mean his attiude couldnt have taken a turn from his achievements and i believe he's spoiled by his team because he is the spanish phenom that hrc wants and he has skill to flex his gums and get whatever he wants.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 02:13 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
I beg to differ about Pedrosa being a "spoiled brat". He comes from a very ordinary background and has through skill and very hard work got three titles and support from HRC.
US press is about as nationalist as spanish press when it comes to flagwaving riders. Look no further than Soup. They treated Hopkins like shit for years 'cause he had the audacity to consider himself half british (funny how having a dual citizenship leads people to believe that they're half what the other citizenship is eh?)

Hayden and Ben Boz are flagwaving captain america types, and the US press love them for that. KR jr had the good sense to keep his mouth shut and let his results do the talking, part of why I have so much respect for him, and hope that Ben Spies goes down that path, not the flagwaving "cheer for me 'cause of where I was born" path.

I'm fairly sure Gustav and I are on the same page on this issue.

Quote:
I think his role within the HRC team is slightly exaggerated but on the other hand he has given HRC a lot of success.
As long as they get the results Puig wonīt care about any fans. He is in it for winning. As I said - he is not very likable but he gets results.
As a manager he did ok, as a rider he sucked the hind tit dry. There's been better influences in paddocks tho. I mean he's ok but he's no Rob Muzzy or KRsr (Think Malboro days, not Proton days, altho proton is still a testiment to what he could do with no budget other than his personal bank account.)

Quote:
And finally I don't think it far fetched the guy had been lobbying a split garage for a long time now.

With the tire situation changing, I thought both Rossi & JLo would no longer be split up as last year...
It's not far fetched, and Rossi started lobbying for it as soon as he heard JL was his teammate (I don't blame him, I would too, either that or get Uccio to break his knees, Tonya Harting style.)

See my comment above regarding attitudes towards teammates in different locales.

Quote:
he is the spanish phenom
watch the poles on motogp.com

he's far from the Spanish phenom, that title is reserved for another.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 11-11-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

watch the poles on motogp.com

he's far from the Spanish phenom, that title is reserved for another.[/quote]

well at the moment i would say he is to hrc, which is who i was referring to

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:19 PM

racerraul, think about it for a moment, if Puig "runs" or has that much power within HRC, then why would Dovi badmouth him publicly this early? Would you badmouth one of the big bosses or key people publicly as soon as you got the job?

Quote:

care to elaborate on that?
I forgot where I read it, but both Fiat Yamaha and Repsol Honda will continue to work with a split garage, because this is what the riders wanted. It is proven to give successful results.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:
he has skill to flex his gums ....
That IS skillful.
Wish I could do that.

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode