Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
PCP

Kawasaki Leads Honda And Suzuki In Another AMA Pro Racing Revolt

American Honda Motor Co. and American Suzuki Motor Corp. have joined the latest Japanese motorcycle importer revolt against AMA Pro Racing's 2009 season plans, this one launched by Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A.

Kawasaki Leads Honda And Suzuki In Another AMA Pro Racing Revolt News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

Final release of 2009 Rules:

Updated: AMA Pro Racing Releases Final 2009 Road Racing Technical Rules News Article // RoadracingWorld.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 06:03 PM
jimmy crack corn

"The violent reaction followed Thursday's release of final 2009 AMA Pro Racing rules, which officials from Kawasaki et. al. claim are not what they agreed to during the previous round of threats and rules bargaining with Roger Edmondson, President of the series now owned by Daytona Motorsports Group, or DMG."

IMO Edmondson is in way over his head.

I know the Japanese have a unique system and unwritten rules of etiquette . I thought everyone saw that movie with sean connery "rising sun" . lol

I read or saw somewhere edmonson is blatantly ignoring the traditions of the japanese(which is like ten levels above rude)being very disrespectful to put it lightly , so I am wondering if there is more to this than the tires and wheels.
He is just proving once again he is not the man for the job.

obviously he is so far behind at this point with the rules and the preparation for the 09 season this is hardly his biggest problem.

David
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Mr.

I hate silly crap like this .. single tyre rules wheel size, limited special parts etc.. Variation makes for better racing , its not my fault you did'nt choose the right tire to race on that you didn't produce enough engine/chassis bits to go faster.. the skill and craftsmanship of racing is being lost along the way..
JMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. View Post
the skill and craftsmanship of racing is being lost along the way..
JMO.

Yeah, Edmonson's vision of how motorcycle racing should be goes a little something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sp2.jpg (36.6 KB, 5 views)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Yeah, Edmonson's vision of how motorcycle racing should be goes a little something like this:
Thats why I feel anyone apart of the organization/sanctioning bodys should be experianced ex- racer's on the board.. its another avenue for retired or injured racer to stay involved with what they love and know best,not people who only see $$$$ and trends.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:44 PM
I dont inhale

i think we should see how it plays out, honestly have you found the ama the last few years to be exciting racing?? For the most part it has sucked. The best riders on the best teams will always rise to the top.

What was better racing this year wsbk or moto gp?. wsbk hands down even thought the bike are not nearly as high tech as motogp. I want to watch good racing not people just playing follow the leader.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
PCP

Well I see what you are saying in that aspect of it, but Edmonson's approach is all wrong. If anything, copy WSBK rules to the last word and be done with it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 04:58 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Well I see what you are saying in that aspect of it, but Edmonson's approach is all wrong. If anything, copy WSBK rules to the last word and be done with it.
There is an interesting interview with Edmonson in Motorcycle Racer and after reading that I can see where he is coming from and what he is trying to achieve. It is not what the manufacturers want, ie. give more power to the teams and loosen the strength of the manufacturers.
What is the best I donīt know but if he can have a big field with even teams etc you have a better foundation for tighter racing. Sure the best teams/bikes/riders will always rise to the top but maybe they will have to work harder for it.
I donīt undertsnad why Kawasaki and Honda want to team with Suzuki as Yosh-Suzuki have whopped their asses why not change the playing field and maybe gain something?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Gang Green

I can see why the manufacturers are upset about some things.
Why can a 1125cc liquid cooled buell (harley) compete against the 600cc i4's, but Ducati can only use their 848 in the same catagory, not their 1098?

It reeks of trying to "americanize" the series by giving the american bikes an unfair advantage.

The BWM and KTM bigger cc bikes are also allowed, so maybe they are just singling out Ducati?

Last edited by GreenEnvy; 11-25-2008 at 06:32 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:05 PM

Sad thing is, the Buell will still fail...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will sink you to their level and beat you with experience."
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Mr.

Yes I agree I don't like to watch follow the leader type racing myself. Single tire and rim size rules are silly for motorcycle racing IMO..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode