Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

AMA Spectator attendances

I'm just watching the AMA, its on T.V. here in Aus. The race weekend from Infinion Raceway California.

The weather looks fabulous. the track O.K. a little dangerous in places maybe. Where are the spectators? What few there are could have come in a single Taxi

Is this the normal amount of people that go to race meetings?

With a huge population I was expecting a much bigger turnout of race fans than this.
To put it in perspective,California has a bigger population than the whole of Australia

On a side note,why do the Suzuki's get away with running a single exhaust pipe and not a twin setup as is normal.I thought that the bikes had to run a production silhouette style setup.

Oh and we had Rich Oliver commentating

Speed T.V. feed,Thats really,really bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
These two threads may help answer some questions for you

The tags are compressed and look the same but are different links

https://www.sportbikeforum.net/forum/...&highlight=AMA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
These two threads may help answer some questions for you

The tags are compressed and look the same but are different links

No it didn't really,those links are mostly aimed at 2009 racing.

Although after reading the links, your racing is in big trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:28 AM
7c Forever

biiiiiig trouble, infact I can say with a hand on my heart that I think it's all over.

There's no rule in AMA regarding silhouette exhaust.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 AM
No Crying Allowed

The real truth to that race that was in fact poorly attended is this; The was the second race at Laguna in just two months, the people that are bike fanatics went to the first one that also ran MotoGP along with AMA that weekend.

The race you watched was the final race of the year, all the positions or at least the important ones were decided long before that race. The people in the area already spent there cash watching the race two months before as noted.

As for 2009, well it will be determined in the next few months if anyone will go or not, I assume they will just like this year.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 01:00 PM

I attend every year, even the tire tests there. For what ever reason road racing isnt that big over here, most (not me!) would rather watch NASCAR...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

I was actually at this race and was surprised at the lack of attendance... although... i loved it seeing as there were no crowds to push through ANYWHERE and traffic wasn't bad

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling burnout View Post
I'm just watching the AMA, its on T.V. here in Aus. The race weekend from Infinion Raceway California.
Oh and we had Rich Oliver commentating
Speed T.V. feed,Thats really,really bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
The real truth to that race that was in fact poorly attended is this; The was the second race at Laguna in just two months, the people that are bike fanatics went to the first one that also ran MotoGP along with AMA that weekend.
Uh Rhett, he said Infineon dude.

I've attended races at Infineon, the spectators are all around the track. There are grand stands everywhere, and as such not everyone wants to sit on the front stretch. Most of the seating isn't seen by the cameras because they are set back from the track, designed that was because of NASCAR safety, and the other car clubs that race there too. My favorite place to sit is by the down hill "bus stop". Most, but not all the track is viewable from there.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode