Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Rossi calls out Bayliss

Who would you put YOUR money on??

clicky clicky

Quote:
LOADS OF talk in Italy at the moment about some quotes reportedly printed by Italian sports mag Corriere dello Sport which apparently has Valentino Rossi saying he wants a go at World Superbike - and would love it if Troy Bayliss came out of retirement for a one-off clash. According to unconfirmed reports so far, Rossi has said:
"If there was an opportunity and the right date then I would race there tomorrow. I like World Superbikes to be mad, I like to watch it and I'd love to ride in it, the problem is the dates.
"I do not know when but I hope that I can make a race in WSB. I am sad that I would not be able to race against Bayliss on track now because I would like to challenge him on a superbike. Maybe, if I ask him he might even come back for one race for the challenge."
According to the same reports, Ducati Xerox David Tardozzi is reported to have said:
"We like this idea, but will Rossi really a race in Superbike? Bayliss is ready."
Last month Visordown reported how Rossi has openly slated MotoGP, prefering the bare knuckle, elbows out style of WSB.
Now, like we said - and make note of this - we haven't got confirmation of this yet, so this might all fizzle out into nothing more than a badly translated bit of wishful thinking on the part of a couple of eager race fans.
But, if it's not, imagine how amazing that would be - Rossi dipping into WSB to have a one-off battle against a returning Bayliss.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by R1Lover; 12-03-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added story
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:16 PM

That would be great

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 10:00 PM

I personally think Rossi should stay in GP this year to defend his title and if he wins it again then retire from GP and run WSBK. To me WSBK seems more his style in recent years, over GP. The man likes a good battle and we all know it really isn't happing from race to race in GP. I think the only great battle this year was him and Stoner at Laguna.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will sink you to their level and beat you with experience."

Last edited by The Grudge; 12-02-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Too much wine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Mr.

Its a tough one to call , will yamaha give him a wsbk spec bike to use or who will??
This seems like just off season sillyness really.. sound good
post #5 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
FAsT BOYS

shit i would love to see that. i think rossi would man handle bayless though.
post #6 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 AM

I'd love to see it... but doubt it will ever happen.
post #7 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Go Bayliss

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 AM

You guys remember that Rossi was faster than CE on the RC51?
post #9 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:55 PM
7c Forever

last time they were on track together an awfully large mushroom slap was dealt out.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
You guys remember that Rossi was faster than CE on the RC51?
Wasn't it Rossi that crashed the bike though?, first 8hrs.

post #11 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Resident Redneck

^ Uh, according to the article he would just race on the weekends that don't conflict with GP.

Did you read the article?

post #12 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grudge View Post
I personally think Rossi should stay in GP this year to defend his title and if he wins it again then retire from GP and run WSBK. To me WSBK seems more his style in recent years, over GP. The man likes a good battle and we all know it really isn't happing from race to race in GP. I think the only great battle this year was him and Stoner at Laguna.
i doubt rossi would leave gp for wsbk until he breaks the record for # of gp championships... hes already stated that he wants to break the record so i dont see him steping down to the lower class until he achieves this plus i doubt hes ready to take a pay cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
^ Uh, according to the article he would just race on the weekends that don't conflict with GP.

Did you read the article?
fixed

Last edited by kid1000; 12-03-2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #13 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
plus i doubt hes ready to take a pay cut
he should run AMA

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
doubt hes ready to take a pay cut
Yeah he still owes some major money due to taxes, so that should be more of an incentive for Rossi to pull a Capirossi and race GP well into his 30s. This of course is all wishful thinking.

Money would be on Rossi..

Last edited by AtlasRR; 12-03-2008 at 06:08 PM.
post #15 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 06:21 PM

Let's play a little game of logic here.

A. Rossi beat Colin on the RC51 and set the fastest lap of the race at the 2001 Suzuka 8 Hours.
B. In the 2002 WSBK season, Colin beat Bayliss to regain his title.

C. Therefore, Rossi should beat Bayliss without a doubt.

Geez guys, was it really that hard to figure it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRR View Post
Yeah he still owes some major money due to taxes, so that should be more of an incentive for Rossi to pull a Capirossi and race GP well into his 30s. This of course is all wishful thinking.
The money he owes in taxes (35 million Euros) is only equal to about his income of a single year. He can quit anytime he wants and will still have way more money than Capirex, or anyone else on the grid for that matter.

post #16 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 07:10 PM
7c Forever

maybe you forgot, but Colin sold his soul that season, Bayliss had it cleanly wrapped and Colin went on a superhuman run, on that precariously ended with Hayden stealing his Repsol Honda seat. Something I'll never understand.

Additionally, that was 6 years ago, and Bayliss hadn't done back to back superbike titles in that time. Who was tha last person to repeat WSBK titles? "Carl 'I'm better than Mick.' Foggy?"

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

i think the WSBK guys going to GP have it tough, as far as getting used to riding one of those missiles, but I think Rossi going FROM GP's would stomp the snot out of the superbike grid
just IMO

post #18 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 PM
7c Forever

I don't know, I'd like to see him try tho. There's been a couple of GP guys go WSBK and find it a lot of fun. Barros especially enjoyed himself, stuffing the hell out of people like he was 17 and on the youngest ever rider on a 500 again.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Let's play a little game of logic here.

A. Rossi beat Colin on the RC51 and set the fastest lap of the race at the 2001 Suzuka 8 Hours.
B. In the 2002 WSBK season, Colin beat Bayliss to regain his title.

C. Therefore, Rossi should beat Bayliss without a doubt.

Geez guys, was it really that hard to figure it out?

Last GP ride I remember Bayliss having he whooped up on everyone including Rossi to take the win...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will sink you to their level and beat you with experience."
post #20 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 02:51 AM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I don't know, I'd like to see him try tho. There's been a couple of GP guys go WSBK and find it a lot of fun. Barros especially enjoyed himself, stuffing the hell out of people like he was 17 and on the youngest ever rider on a 500 again.
Speaking of that I am waiting to see how Sylvain Guintoli does on the Crescent Suzuki in BSB next season, hopefully it treats him better than GP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode