Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

Cool got my first win!!!

finally the monkey is off my back, ive only been racing again for a few months but a few years back i raced for a couple years and came close a few times but something always happened to prevent it.

so this weekend i was at homestead. The fastest guy in ccs florida on a 125 , Steve is on like a 30k honda rs125 his bike is stupid trick and the man around here to bring your two stroke stuff to, zambrana is his personal mechanic on race weekends.

I knew things were good when saturday in practice I hooked up with steve and i hung with him and was even faster then him in some parts of the track and then the last two practices when they posted the lap times I was the fastest 125 and fastest amature on the track in the combined practice which includes 900cc air cooled ducati's which im at a SERIOUS hp disadvantage to at a hp track.

my first race was lightweight gp which includes the 900 ducati's and a ducati based bimota. I started on the front row and of course got killed on the start and was in about 11th going into turn 1. I sliced and diced my way to 3rd by the end of the first lap. The guy in front was on the bimota and was checking out. The guy in front of me was on a ducati and he was about 40 feet in front of me. I put my head down and caught him in two laps. I rode around the outside of him at the bottom of turn 4, quite a balsy move, lol. I put my head down but the bimota was pulling away and I could not break away from the ducati. At the end of every straight away( there are 4) I could hear him but i was breaking late enough he couldnt get by me.
so its a 9 lap race and 7 laps of trying to hold off a guy with at least twice as much hp as you is tiring but i was doing it. Last lap I catch a slow expert right at an apex of a corner get checked up am 1 gear off loose my drive and the ducati motors around me, damn. I was pissed but thats racing. I could not get close enough the rest of the lap to try to stuff him so i got 3rd.

Then the 125 race. 17 people in the race which is quite a bit for us. I again was in the front row and one of only 3 yellow plates( amatures) in the race. I again got a shit start, the 125 is a pia to launch. You turn it to the stop, foot paddle it and slip the clutch forever,lol. So im in bout 10th going into one. I ride like a f'n maniac and get to forth buy turn 6. Of course steve is in front and slowly pulling away. I get a great drive coming out of the last turn and pull along side the inside of forth place and dive into turn one wide open in 6th revving past where it would pull buy itself but since i am cranked over the revs jump up. I cary a shit load of speed through 2, 3 and 4 and catch 2nd place at the apex of 5 we almost bump but dont and im off trying to catch steve. He is about 60 feet ahead of me. Its a 6 lap race Im catching him but not fast enough and by lap 4 im thinking shit im not gona get him. I keep my head down thinking if anything happens I can pounce. Lap 5 I more then cut the lead in half in 1 lap I didnt notice anything strange from him but know im REALLY pushing. We get to the last 4 corners and im not close enough to try anything brave and im thinking 2nd place is pretty damn good for my second race ever on the 125. Then I notice im closing on him QUICKLY there are only two turns left and to win I have to beat him to the next turn as there is no way to pass inbeween the two turns and no way im motoring buy his bike. I take a tight line and pass him about 20 feet before the apex. I go through the two corners clean try to become part of the paint on the tank down the straight and take the checkered flag. Im screaming so loud going around the cool down lap the other riders said they could hear me through their hemets with ear plugs in , lol. Turns out one of the lines that equalizes the pressure between the airbox and gas tank came off and his bike cut out coming off the back straight. It refired and he finished 4th.

So honestly I really beat everyone but him. He just lost but with how some of my non wins have come ill take it. Best part of it was it was my 5 y/o olds first race to come to and the first race my wife has come to in years. The 125 crowd is awsome they were all congratulating me non of them made excuses. We had a great time with them all weekend and they helped me a lot.

I brought the little one up to the podium on my shoulders and of course gave her the 3 foot tall trophy. She thinks it is the greatest thing ever. My wife is out of town with the camera that has the pics from the weekend so ill post up some pics when she gets home.

what a great feeling it was to finally get that first win and im sure i raised some eyebrows getting it on only my second race on the 125 against guys racing 2 strokes for years.

I talked to the guy that runs ccs florida and he said hell approve me going to expert next year, lol. Kinda funny a yellow plate won a race against a bunch of experts, but i should have never been an amature again anyway. I told the guy running the races that but he didnt want to listen. O well only diff it made was i was not eligble for the $100 dunlop contingency.

next race will be april at my favorite track jennings. Ill go there in february for a track day to try to find the 2 seconds i need to run at the front there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 10:59 PM
7c Forever

That's hardcore! congrats Dave!

Don't worry about winning due to his misfortune. It sucks for him but shit happens, and sooner or later it'll be your turn again.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 AM
FAsT BOYS

very very nice congrats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 AM
PCP

awesome man, congrats!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Excellent congrats ...now show us some pics

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

thanks guys

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 06:30 AM

Congrats. Nothing better than that first win. You managed to ride at the limits for the whole race. What happens to others happens to them. You won this race fairly. Its not the fastest bike for 5 of 6 laps that wins. It is the one that crosses the line first.

Don't know how many other cliches I can bring out, but don't doubt yourself by saying that you were really the second best out there, and you only won because of a mechanical failure.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Congrats David that is awesome, very happy for you

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Congrats man! Keep at it!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 01:01 PM

To cool... Keep the focus brutha!

My mods are ghey...
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 03:00 PM

Wooohooo
Congrats Dave!!!
That's awesome! I hope it's the first of many
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
doomsday machine

awesome, man.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
dude congrats on your first win. i am waiting on mine. my best finish was 6th and if i was on a better bike than a 1999 i might be there too

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 10:03 PM

Awesome....
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Site Sponsor

Congrats! I love reading about others race weekends
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 11:19 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Sweeeeeeeet... A win's a win.. If your not first you last..

Wifey give you a little celebrating your first win fun?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
250 cc pilota.

Cool!
Nice read and I am looking forward to some pics. I guess you are even happier with that RS125R now?

EDIT: I "hate" you for being able to race in December. Here it is about 10 cm snow and freezing. ds

Last edited by Gustav O; 12-11-2008 at 03:09 PM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 03:18 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Late as usual, but CONGRATS Dave! Way to go man, thats awesome!

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

thanks again everyone

finally got some pics back from the race , the one of me on the track was taken by the local pro and is up on the ccs website, its the only one I have of me riding that weekend but i think I have enough pics of me on the 125, lol.

my daughter was so pumped she didnt sleep friday night and she hung at the track all day helping with little things.

then she passed out saturday night in the clothes she was at the track in, lol

finally!!!!

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 06:56 AM

Now thats what I call a trophy.....

Tags
vcyclenut wins

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode