Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

ama confirmed teams

2009 AMA Superbike Riders and Teams Confirmed..., Hotbodies Racing

Confirmed Riders & Teams:
Factory Honda (SBK)
Neil Hodgson (Has 09' Contract)
Factory Yamaha (SBK)
Ben Bostrom
Josh Hayes
Graves Yamaha (600SS)
Josh Herrin
Tommy Aquino
Erion Honda (600SS)
Jake Zemke
Chris Peris
M4/EMGO Suzuki
Blake Young (SBK & SS)
Martin Cardenas (SBK & SS)
Cory West (SS)
Corona Honda (SBK)
Jake Holden

Roadracing World Suzuki
Chris Ulrich (SBK)
Santiago Villa (SBK)

UNConfirmed Riders & Teams:
Yoshimura Suzuki
Mat Mladin (Has 09' Contract)
Tommy Hayden

Monster Kawasaki (SBK)
Roger Hayden (Has 09' Contract)
Jamie Hacking
Jordan Suzuki
Aaron Yates

Army Reserves (Suzuki or is it a Buell team)
Geoff May

Aprilia
Alex Barros
Roadracing World Suzuki
Robertino Pierti (SBK)

Safety First Suzuki
Bobby Fong (SS)

Pegram Ducati
Larry Pegram (SBK)

HMC KTM
Chris Filmore

KWS Suzuki
Ben Thompson
Attack Kawasaki
Steve Rapp
Michael Beck

Available Riders:
Jason Disalvo
Matt Lynn -
Chaz Davies - To BSB???
Danny Eslick - Flat Tracking or chasing WERA ???
Garrett Carter - Privateer Yamaha???
Aaron Gobert
Chris Siebenhaar
Martin Craggill
Johnny Rock Page
Miguel Duhamel (Forced Retirement)
Eric Bostrom (Retired)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Advanced Member

Duhamel forced retirement? What's that all about? And it seems honda has shown that they'd rather tryn grap an easy ama title due to lack of compettion then stand their ground and fight for the rules they want...how predictable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 05:25 AM
jimmy crack corn

WOW first the fact that honda has hodgson signed 09 contract means as much as the 09 contract mladin has, as far as I know Honda has not even come up with a bike and a plan yet because they are probably like every one else lost in the lack of a firm set of rules and a plan from the new and improved AMA.

second that is the weakest field I have ever seen or could have ever imagined. kind of makes me want to go racing again.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 01:46 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack View Post
second that is the weakest field I have ever seen or could have ever imagined. kind of makes me want to go racing again.
ya at this rate you could be champ.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
PCP

Yeah, who wants to put a Suzuki team together with me to go race?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
jimmy crack corn

its kinda sad eslick and lynn hayden n hayden and a few others are good enough to be worth watching and they are struggling to find a team with the ability to get in the game.

It makes me sick to think of some of these guys ending up not making it because the series is up in the air.

its so late in the year for these teams to put it all together it's got to be frustrating for some of the young talent who one day were one the road to success and the next looking for a wera ride.
sad

David
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Yeah, who wants to put a Suzuki team together with me to go race?
the shit I do mechanically, we'd be banned in under 10 minutes.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:04 PM
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
the shit I do mechanically, we'd be banned in under 10 minutes.
Screw it, worth a shot.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
7c Forever

the whole thing has shifted. Instead of racing driving the aftermarket, the aftermarket is driving racing.

fucking ridiculous imo.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Mr.

WTF?? Miguel booted out what!?!?!.. Eric bostrom retired??
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 PM
PCP

As far as Miguel I am unsure what is going on, but Eric said he would take at least one year off. Can't wait to see how Ben does back in the Superbike class though.

Last edited by PCP; 12-12-2008 at 12:15 PM.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 PM

You guys the the Mythbusters episode where you can polish a turd?
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Well, Honda just announced that they were not racing the factory team in 09. That leaves Yamaha as the only factory team running in 09. This whole debacle just plain pisses me off!
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
jimmy crack corn

saw this coming

I was fairly sure they were going to announce their pulling out soon . they are claiming the economy but i think they they would have stayed in if the series was more manufacture friendly and the time given with the rules so late in the season - not to mention the basic disorganization and lack of knowledge by the current dmg .
I cant see investing factory team in a series that is geared towards .... non factory nascaresque team microsoft racing.
Ironically nascar is loosing its big pepsi and budwiser type sponsorship that differentiates it from the factory based racing of the old ama.

David
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I was fairly sure they were going to announce their pulling out soon . they are claiming the economy but i think they they would have stayed in if the series was more manufacture friendly and the time given with the rules so late in the season - not to mention the basic disorganization and lack of knowledge by the current dmg .
I cant see investing factory team in a series that is geared towards .... non factory nascaresque team microsoft racing.
Ironically nascar is loosing its big pepsi and budwiser type sponsorship that differentiates it from the factory based racing of the old ama.

I also knew in the back of my mind that this would happen, I think I was in a bit of denial. I was tired of watching the Mat & Ben show the past few years, now i find myself wishing it was the old AMA again. If I wanted to watch a bunch of privateers race I would go to the AFM races! Not being able to see good racing at Infineon this year mixed with the sh*tty coverage of Speed TV is gonna make for a disappointing race season for me. Thank God for motogp.com and WSBK.com!
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
No Crying Allowed

It's just been rumored and quoted from Roger that the whole ama series has been canceled! I'm not buying it until I see some links, but it's floating around.

It could be a sick joke too

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 11:54 AM
jimmy crack corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
It's just been rumored and quoted from Roger that the whole ama series has been canceled! I'm not buying it until I see some links, but it's floating around.

It could be a sick joke too
your were smart to call it a rumor , I almost posted it also . it appears to be a hoax .

David
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 12:34 PM
I dont inhale

honda has announced they are out as a factory team, they will continue to support teams but not have their own

Soup :: Honda Withdraws From AMA Superbike :: 12-12-2008

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 12:45 PM
jimmy crack corn

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=13268

I hope hodgson gets a ride some how

David
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 01:29 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
your were smart to call it a rumor , I almost posted it also . it appears to be a hoax .
ya I asked that guy via pm what was up, he said it was on a major bike news site and then pulled 15 minutes later, not sure I should believe that but I guess we will see lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode