Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Florida Supreme Court: Parents Can't Sign Binding Liability Waivers For Kids Who Race

Florida Supreme Court: Parents Cannot Sign Binding Liability Waivers For Kids Who Race News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

what a crock of crap... Motorcycle racing is destine to f-ing end in the USA. This seems just the beginning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I see this as a result of the 14 yrs old estate keeper.

I would have to agree with this ruling, causing signing a waiver and then suing is just insane, I can't believe it is even aloud.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 05:57 AM
I dont inhale

deff bad for youth racing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 06:55 AM
Gang Green

Pretty sucky to be sure. The underlying issue here though it the sue-happy attitude so prevalent in the US. We shouldn't need these waivers in the first place. Parents know they are getting their kid into a dangerous activity, and that they could be hurt or even killed doing it. Unless there is gross negligence on the operators part (faulty vehicle, not meeting safety standards, etc..), injuries should be accepted as inevitable.
I hope my kids will be interested in dirt bikes or othr physical sports. I certainly won't be suing a company providing a service if they get hurt unless there is a good reason to do so.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

bs!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 PM
No Crying Allowed

nobody should sue anyone... accidents are called that for a reason

but as mentioned above, everyone is looking for a free ride these days.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 10:01 AM

Fixed the title
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 01:53 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Those liability forms were really about protecting the event host or the facility for being sued for the rider negligence. They don't hold any weight when it comes to somebody being hurt because because of the promoters equipment failing or causing the injury due to poor maintenance. In other words if you a kid goes and races and falls off his bike and breaks his neck, the parents can't sue saying the officials should have prevented the accident. However, IF the accident was cause by by equipment failure because of say a caution light falls on a race track, (which I saw recently, and nobody got hurt) then it is the fault of the race track owner and the event host for failing to ensure the facility equipment won't fail during a race. Yeah accidents do happen, but facility equipment failure is rarely an accident...My 2 cents.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode