Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

Lightbulb ITT: We speculate about Hopper, salaries, ama, and other things

Soup :: Today's Kawasaki Rumor Du Jour: Hopkins To Kawi USA :: 01-06-2009

lol, im sorry but im still kinda bent at hopper for signing with kawasaki and wasting the talent i thought he had over easy money in the short term over working hard to get bigger money in the long term . To me this is kinda funny and kinda like karma coming full circle.

Imagine if this does happen and he doesnt win the title!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Thats like going form a Gixxer to a Huffy.

He should have stayed with Suzuki, but then there are rumors they are next to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 PM
7c Forever

it was a sideways move. I mean really in MotoGP what's the difference between the Suzuki and the Kawasaki?

At the time it looked like Kawasaki were going to get serious too. And it looked like they meant it. Suzuki say they're going to get serious every year and never do. Actions speak louder than words.

I'm still super impressed with the fact that Kawasaki punched out a new clutch from start to finish in 5 fucking days for Hopper when he asked for one. Coming from a guy that's worked in the automotive prototyping industry, that's f*cking hardcore.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
it was a sideways move. I mean really in MotoGP what's the difference between the Suzuki and the Kawasaki?
Not much, but Suzuki is till in GP at the moment.

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:39 PM

I think this whole mess will be bandaided up for this year and then completely reorganized for next year. I see Kawi getting some kind of "Break" from Dorna for at least one bike to run.
Thank god for WSBK.
AMA is already fucked up, mine as well throw Hopper into the circus!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
7c Forever

ya AMA and GP are both pretty fucked up right now. Makes it easy for WSBK to look good when it's competing against the Edmondson circus and a 15 bike cup series.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
In all honesty I thought Hopper was mad to sign with Kawi when he did.
He was finally getting good race results with Suzuki and coming off his best year EVER, I never understood why he jumped ship at the time he did (except for the cash being waved under his nose of course).

Karma's a bitch eh??

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:54 PM
7c Forever

it's bad Karma to move from one shit team that didn't offer you a contract to another shit team that offered you a shitton of cash?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 AM
No Crying Allowed

Hopper is not GP material anyway, I'm happy with the move, those of you that don't agree, let's watch him in AMA and see what happens.

As for MotoGP, there are too many stuck in the house this winter.... it will be just fine and one of the best recent series this year imo.

Time will tell, just like the AMA this year, let's give it a chance before calling foul.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:
it's bad Karma to move from one shit team that didn't offer you a contract to another shit team that offered you a shitton of cash?
After the improvements and development that Hopper brought to Suzuki you know they would have offered him a contract if he'd wanted to stay. I mean come on they've got a middle aged dwarf racing for them now

I'm pretty sure he made his intentions to move clear before Suzuki could make a contract offer but I could be wrong too.

Either way I meant that karma is a bitch when you jump ship onto a crap bike from a now-not-so-crap bike purely for cash, spend half the season injured and the other half watching everyone disappear into the distance and then have the whole operation fold around you like a deck of cards.

Mind you if he goes to AMA with his GP salary he might actually be making more than Mladin.

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 09:16 AM

Mind you if he goes to AMA with his GP salary he might actually be making more than Mladin.[/quote]

I doubt it, with everything put together, Mladin makes way more than Hopper.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Gang Green

I don't think his decission was too bad at the time. Kawi's 07 bike was much better then previous years, it was regularly at/near the top of the top speed charts, and Kawi seemed to be invested for 08.
Then Kawi decided to race in 08 with a tweaked 07 bike, and got left behind.

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdog2007 View Post
I doubt it, with everything put together, Mladin makes way more than Hopper.

not even close I'd wager. Like if it's more than 1/3 of what Mat's making I'd be surprised. But I don't think Mat is running anyhow, so I guess that's a win by default for John.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Resident Redneck

MotoGP » Kawasaki speak: No decision made yet.

Wednesday, 7th January 2009

Kawasaki finally admit they are considering quitting MotoGP, but are still unable to confirm anything.

Previous Page
» Post a comment on this Story » 9 comments on this Story
Comment on this Story
Kawasaki has seemingly broken its silence over the rumours they are withdrawing from MotoGP by claiming that no decision has been formally made yet.

A week since news first broke that they were on the verge of quitting the series, owing to the global economic crisis, an anonymous source has apparently revealed for the first time that it is ‘under consideration'.

According to Agent France Presse, Kawasaki are still in the process of evaluating whether it would be worth pulling out having already sunk a considerable amount of money in securing riders John Hopkins and Marco Melandri, as well as developing the 2009-specification bike.

"The issue is under consideration," the source said. "We have made no decision. We are in contact with parties concerned so that we can decide our future course of action.”

Those ‘parties concerned' could be Jorge Martinez, who is touted to be taking on the team under the semi-works Aspar banner.

Indeed, with Dorna determined to keep up the numbers on the grid to a respectable level, the retention of Kawasaki as a fifth manufacturer is crucial in their plans, particularly as the economic downturn is expected to grip the sport further into 2009.

The withdrawal of Kawasaki Heavy Industries would see them join Japanese counterparts Honda, Suzuki and Subaru in scaling back their motorsport plans this year in a bid to ride out the storm.

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:54 PM
7c Forever

wow. Aspar to save MotoGP? that would be kind of a shock but kind of not.

Somebody has to bail out the Pramac squad too tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 02:01 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup
Senior Yamaha race executives said via e-mail that they actually laughed when they first read the rumor that John Hopkins could possibly replace Colin Edwards II on the Tech Three Yamaha Team.

They pointed out the same glaring fact that was noted here yesterday: Edwards has a contract with Yamaha for 2009 and there is very little in the known world which would bring about dissolution of the contract.

Edwards has had a close relationship with Yamaha since his teens.
this text inserted to meet minimum post length.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:

not even close I'd wager. Like if it's more than 1/3 of what Mat's making I'd be surprised. But I don't think Mat is running anyhow, so I guess that's a win by default for John.
Ive heard that Mladin has some race car parts type program in Australia, and that all told he pulls in 10 million a year.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
7c Forever

there's all kinds of rumours. We've fought about it on this forum before and I'm not keen to get into another pissing match on it. The long and short is that I'd be very surprised if he makes less than 6 mill from Yosh, and some others think he's in the 1 mill range.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM

It really doesnt matter how much he makes.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdog2007 View Post
It really doesnt matter how much he makes.
I'm of the mind that whatever he makes, it's probably not enough for what he has done/does for Suzuki.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode