Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yoshimura: Not Racing Not An Option

Last week's news that Blake Young has been released from a contract—to presumably ride the Superbike class in 2009—put a great many suppositions in play.
The major supposition regarding Wisconsinite Young is that he will ride for Yoshimura Suzuki in 2009, exactly where his riding coach and friend, 1993 world champion Kevin Schwantz, did when he raced in America.
But how exactly that is going to be accomplished will be interesting to watch. Yoshimura ran three Superbikes in 2008 and could do so again, but with American Suzuki pulling race support in nearly every area because of the economic slowdown, insiders suggest that Suzuki will race just two Superbikes in 2009.
Currently Suzuki have three riders signed to race the Superbike class: Mat Mladin, Tommy Hayden and presumably Blake Young.
While Yosh' seems to be in the same boat as the other Suzuki teams in waiting to hear from the Mothership what their support package will look like for 2009, even if Suzuki completely pulls their support, Yoshimura will race.
Yoshimura has raced the AMA Superbike series nearly since its inception and has built Superbikes from ex-streetbikes before and undoubtedly will do whatever they have to in order to be on the grid at Daytona. Yoshimura execs refused to completely buy into that notion last week but did say that they would race to support their extensive aftermarket product line.
Will it be with three riders, though?
There have been rumors for weeks that Suzuki will race with Tommy Hayden and Blake Young in 2009. Where does that leave six-time AMA champion Mat Mladin? Rumors suggest that Suzuki is considering paying Mladin not to race or buying out his existing contract.
Mladin, reached by e-mail over the weekend, and asked if rumors of Suzuki paying him not to ride or buying him out of his contract were true, replied. "No comment".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 PM

I saw a vid on Nicky's site yesterday,Tommy and Rog both said they were raving the 09 season here in the states. They both said that they are scheduled to start testing soon. I found it rather interesting seeing as there hasn't been much positive news coming from the former AMA series...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 PM
No Crying Allowed

Why all the questions? Let's just wait and see what happens... there are so many open ended questions on that quote, I'm not sure what the point of Yosh to put it out.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boom View Post
I saw a vid on Nicky's site yesterday,Tommy and Rog both said they were raving the 09 season here in the states. They both said that they are scheduled to start testing soon. I found it rather interesting seeing as there hasn't been much positive news coming from the former AMA series...
Any of those three brothers would be happy with any level of racing. Racing is in their blood and they bleed for racing.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will sink you to their level and beat you with experience."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
Why all the questions? Let's just wait and see what happens... there are so many open ended questions on that quote, I'm not sure what the point of Yosh to put it out.

I think for me the questions stem from my own personal search of "do I want to watch?" I don't want to get 2-3 races into the year to find out that it sucks, I'd rather know now so that I don't waste my time.

Personally, as long as the TV coverage is good (at least as good as past years) it should be ok. Frankly, without the Ben and Mat show maybe the racing will be even better!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 AM

Even if it sucks... if its bikes on TV and it isn't that awful Superbikes gay show... I'll watch
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Even if it sucks... if its bikes on TV and it isn't that awful Superbikes gay show... I'll watch
Any kind of roadracing will have me glued, unless it is Endurance because that is just like wacthing a track day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode