Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

÷hlins Mechatronic

New product from the Swedish top suspension fabric.

Quote:
÷hlins Racing AB has been working with electronically controlled suspension for more than twenty years and the first patents were actually made back in 1984. Today, more than two decades later, ÷hlins' R&D department has developed this powerful technique in one of the most challenging racing series in the World – World Superbike. The new invention is actually two folded with a control unit and a pair of Bleed Adjustment Actuators that fits perfectly into the original TTX compression and rebound valves. You simply pull out the original valves and then you plug in the Actuators and you are ready to go electronic. The control unit (ECU) which incorporates ÷hlins developed control software is constantly giving orders to the two Bleed Adjustment Actuators so that the front and rear suspension is tuned to perfection throughout the race– think of it as the perfect way of minimizing suspension set-up compromises during a race.

The ÷hlins EC software allows simple set-up to deal with items pinpointed by the rider and tricky conditions that appears during a lap and during a motorcycle race. The system will then adapt the suspension settings according to the requests. The system also allows the rider to choose between different suspensions maps while riding.

The ambition is to launch this technique as a complete stand alone system with actuators, ECU and software for the wide TTX aftermarket. The EC system will be available as a aftermarket product in a near future but for a limited edition. As the new Bleed Adjustment Actuators fits perfectly into almost all standard TTX compression and rebound valves it ought to be a popular feature to tune on your bike.

EZPELETA DIMISI”N!

Last edited by Axxexs; 01-17-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
7c Forever

been a long time coming, but I'm glad as shit that it's here. Now all we need is electronically variable springrates and we're fucking golden.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 08:00 PM
I dont inhale

sweeeet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Junior, I know this isn't exactly what you mean but don't Ohlins make an electrically adjustable pre-load shock for race cars?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 07:32 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Junior, I know this isn't exactly what you mean but don't Ohlins make an electrically adjustable pre-load shock for race cars?
Yamaha Motor Italia had electronically controlled front and rear suspension at the end of the season so we might see that for consumers in the somewhat near future.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 10:37 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
It's possible, I've never seen it tho. I'm sure it's been tried tho, the catch is how big does the stepper have to be to crank preload into the spring. I'd imagine pretty big, and that's a lot of extra weight.

Never know tho, motor technology has come a long ways in the last couple of years.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
I'd imagine it wouldn't be too much of a drama Junior. A linear actuator (aircraft style) in place of a remote pre-load adapter and you'd be home and hosed. Okay I made it sound simple but it would be the most durable way to go. Lets not go into the voltage supply for it :-)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 AM
7c Forever

what kinda wattage are we talking to keep one on? and what kind of travel do they have?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Now all we need is electronically variable springrates and we're fucking golden.

Don't tempt Ohlins....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:15 PM
7c Forever

naaa, tempt away, I want adjust on the fly springrates damnit!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

I know ÷hlins have worked with fully electronic dampers. No oil or spring in them. But the problem for them is to get the feeling right to the rider and there is some more problems. Dont know how it did work. But think some way of magnetic system.

There is a chock from ÷hlins to touring bikes like BMW that have a small display to put on the forkclamp where there is + and - to adjust the damping by a electronic box when you ride. Been out for some years now. This products is easyer to develop to not so advanced driving as racing is.

EZPELETA DIMISI”N!

Last edited by Axxexs; 01-18-2009 at 04:34 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Somebody

do not like them, too expensive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode