Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
jimmy crack corn

Duhamel on a ZUKEE

OK I've skipped a few of the Daytona announcements ( because it has become anti-climatic)but here is one worth reading , the old man is getting another ride.

Duhamel and Daytona. Daytona and Duhamel. Its a pairing that will be forever linked. Fortunately for his large legion of fans, Miguel Duhamel and his five Daytona 200 victories will again be on hand at Daytona International Speedway in March as he was saved by an 11th-hour ride put together by old friend and rival Pascal Picotte - with the five-time Daytona 200 winner set to race a Blackfoot/Picotte Motorsports Suzuki GSX-R600 in the big event.
http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=13467

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
What the **** was Picotte thinking????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Blasphemy!!

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM

AYYY HO that is great.

Cheers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 04:18 PM
7c Forever

Pascal wtf mang, ride it yourself.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
pascal wtf mang, ride it yourself.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 04:31 PM

I wonder if they will try him on the 1000 later.
I am sure he will love winning again

Cheers

S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
What the **** was Picotte thinking????

Dude, they're French.....
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
7c Forever

ya but Pascal could give that bike to one of his own guys, Martin for instance would be a better choice than DuHammel imo. Or seriously, fucking SERIOUSLY, just ride it himself?!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Isn't DuHamel like 100 years old now??
I guess he's still after becoming the winningest rider at Daytona eh?
(Actually I have to confess, I haven't kept up with AMA at all really so I'm not even sure if someone else has already taken that title away from Scott Russell)

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 06:23 AM
Resident Redneck

More like 200 yrs old.

And he is a quitter like BJ Penn.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 07:54 AM
I dont inhale

say what you want about miguell but a quitter he is not. his carreer should have been over twice because of bad wrecks and he came back both times and won races.

for those that have been around for a while i used to love watching him and chandler battle. Ive been told from someone that was a mechanic on zemke's crew that miguell is the bigest asshole you ever want to meet, at least to his crew but it would be kinda funny if he won the race. If he is on a competitive bike i would say he has as much chance as anyone.

its daytona and its a weird place where track knowledge is king

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
say what you want about miguell but a quitter he is not. his career should have been over twice because of bad wrecks and he came back both times and won races.
Sometimes one race can define your entire career, and quitting at Laguna on Melandri's bike is exactly what he did. He is a Quitter

There is a saying, always treat people with respect on your way to the top cause you will also meat them on the way down.

He treated a couple of us like shit back in 1992, and now it his turn, even if the best I can do is trash him on a forum.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 AM
7c Forever

he's been a major asshole to me in the past too. He's a very different person when he's on duty vs when he's not. His brother Mario isn't so bad tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
he's been a major asshole to me in the past too.
Sounds like a story in there guys ... care to share?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:16 AM
7c Forever

no big secret. He used to hang around Shannonville a lot and so did I. He IS a nice guy when he's in the Honda leathers and all. But when he's off duty he's a totally different person. Nothing real real bad just the usual eyerolls and stalking off when you say hi and shit, making snide comments when you ask him about the bike or the track.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Resident Redneck

One guy asked him in 92 where he got his Kawai Jacket from, and with a real shit attitude(don't you know who I'm) It comes with the job.

He is a nobody trying to act like a somebody = A$$HOLE

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 AM

Pascal has gotten his ass handed to him by Miguel quite a few times... maybe Pascal knows this and still think Miguel has a shot @ Daytona... if you are looking for a better resume @ Daytona, then we must note that Russel is riding for Jamie James now... Hopefully he'll show up on a JJ R6 and stomp Miguel and you guys can be happy
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post

Pascal has gotten his ass handed to him by Miguel quite a few times... maybe Pascal knows this and still think Miguel has a shot @ Daytona... if you are looking for a better resume @ Daytona, then we must note that Russel is riding for Jamie James now... Hopefully he'll show up on a JJ R6 and stomp Miguel and you guys can be happy

The only reason DushBag ever beat Picotte is because he always had factory equipment.

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 10:41 AM
7c Forever

DuHammel always spoke better English than Pascal. Pascal is no slouch tho, and he's a hell of a developement rider. His English is ok now, but it took him into his 40's to really get it good.

I feel kinda the same way about Francis Martin, great rider but until he's more sponsor friendly (ie. English) he's not a good package. Guys throttle transitions are so smooth you can't even hear them tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode