Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Stoner considers quitting MotoGP season...

Stoner considers quitting season - Motorsport - Sport - smh.com.au

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
WTF, ride through the pain you Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Awwww ... diddums ....

Ignore him, it's all mind games to psyche out Rossi - either that or he's just premiering his newest excuse ... errrm yeah it's the wrist again, yeah that's it, this damn wrist...

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Grow a pair Stoner. Mick Doohan must be having a chuckle to himself, if he's read this story.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:11 AM
No Crying Allowed

Pretty sad when you make excuses before the first race.

Go home titty boy.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
When I first read this thread my brain kept thinking it was talking about Nicky Hayden. I really like Stoner but this is just plain disappointing.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:19 AM
7c Forever

it's disappointing if it's true. It also might be a mind game. That's the one area Rossi still has the edge on Casey. Hopefully Casey's just been reading up on how to fuck with his opponents heads. It's unfortunatly a skill that's necessary these days.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Resident Redneck

^

I cant see this being the truth.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM

I sustained a wrist injury in Jan 07... it is now Feb 09 and I just recently am able to do push ups without any pain on my wrists. For a long time just after my surgery riding the bike left my wrist sore, and I know I don't ride anywhere near as hard as Stoner.

I don't think this is a mind game, a wrist injury forced Schwantz to retire after aggravating it shortly after his title winning year.

I feel pretty confident saying he is not being a sissy. I am willing to bet part of the pain stems from inflammation in the nerve tunnels and the constant application of the break or clutch and G-force pressure isn't helping that to go down.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Resident Redneck

Shwantz raced the entire 94 season, but after Rainey's injury he questioned himself, and could not get his mind right towards racing. That is why he retired, not because of an injury.

Doohan and Shwantz raced for many years with real bad injuries.

Stoner and you are both Nancie's

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:45 PM

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
7c Forever

He blamed that but I don't think that was the "real" reason. It was a convenient excuse to quit mid season 'cause his heart wasn't in it anymore.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 PM

It's quite a wake up call when you are physically forced to realize you are not made of stone... that's all I have to say. Even Doohan had to hang the gloves after aggravating old injuries eventually... but that fucker was a cyborg. If there were body parts in stock somewhere, he'd still be out there...

Bottom line is Kevin left us before he really wanted to go, and it was due to physical limitations... sure he could have kept going, but by mid season he realized he just wasn't the same guy prior to his injuries...

Stoner would be wise to sit out if allowed to, I have far more damage on my wrist and its taken 2 years to heal... I am sure with the medical attention he can afford that it wouldn't take him that long... but may have to miss some of this year.

Better to retreat this battle to fight again later than stand your ground now and loose the war for good. There is no shame in that.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Resident Redneck

If Stoner quits no manufacturer in their right mind will hire him back.

I say, keep riding.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:59 PM
7c Forever

He's a world champ and the only guy that's laid a firm shit kicking to Rossi's teeth ever. If anyone refused to hire him they're f*cking idiots.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Resident Redneck

I don't want him quiting, that would mean I need to make a new sig this year.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 PM
7c Forever

Team Gibernau/Nieto!!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
He's a world champ and the only guy that's laid a firm shit kicking to Rossi's teeth ever. If anyone refused to hire him they're f*cking idiots.
Indeed... let's look at it from everyones point of view...

If Nicky could find another Factory ride... Stoner certainly can.

There that should remove all doubt
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 04:26 AM
Resident Redneck

^ But Hayden never took a year off.

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 07:52 AM

The guys a professional athlete and PAID (very well) to ride. He should be expected to ride with injuries or flu, or cooties for that matter. If Lorenzo can ride with busted up feet south paw can ride with his hurt wrist. only my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode