Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

big news for the ama

AMA Pro 2009 TV Deal Based Around 26 Shows Aired In Prime Time On Saturday Nights News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

i think this is a big deal if the show comes off well, the ama coverage on speed has been painful the last few years

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I will watch it, but might have to mute it if the commentators suck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 03:16 PM

I guess that maybe it should now be called American Yamaha Racing YAR.
or has yamaha pulled out now too?

Cheers

S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:52 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRmyers View Post
I guess that maybe it should now be called American Yamaha Racing YAR.
or has yamaha pulled out now too?
Stop the crying already....

Everyone is racing just as I thought they would... they all wanted to cry like babies and in the end all it did was make them look like big cry babies.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

If it's good racing, then it will be a good thing. If it's the racing that we've been watching (or not) the past few years, it will give "new" viewers a poor example of what motrocycle racing is. Ratings will drop and TV deals will be pulled.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 PM
7c Forever

Am I the only one that thinks the racing the last few years has been absolutly phenominal? In fact I'd say the AMA the last 3 years has been the best bike racing I've seen in my life, better even than Rainey/Schwantz/Doohan.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:31 PM
No Crying Allowed

Personally I would not go that far, most people were very tired of the Ben & Matt show... but there were some good races between those two at times.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Rookie again

Quote:
Originally Posted by biga View Post
i will watch it, but might have to mute it if the commentators suck.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 07:43 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
Personally I would not go that far, most people were very tired of the Ben & Matt show... but there were some good races between those two at times.
I know people were sick of it. But to me it was far and away the most reliably good racing. You could always count on those 2 to give it their 100% and not give each other an inch. Definitely some of the best passes I've ever seen from those 2. Also you could visibly see that they were going 100% for the duration of the race. I don't see that in any other series.

I think people were just sick of seeing the Yosh bikes out front, the racing wasn't lacking.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 AM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Go back and read the article a bit closer guys, only the opener 200 is live the rest are gonna be shown 1-2 weeks after the fact.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=35617

Worst format ever.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony View Post
Go back and read the article a bit closer guys, only the opener 200 is live the rest are gonna be shown 1-2 weeks after the fact.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=35617

Worst format ever.

Thats what I got from it to. Races are on Sat/Sunday, so at very best, Race 1 would be on the same night, but race 2 will be delayed a week. More likely both will be shown the following week.
Im not so sad I lost speed channel now (downgraded cable). I get F1 on TSN, and I download all the bike races.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode