Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

MotoGP 2009 Rule changes

Here are the newest rule changes for MotoGP that take affect immediately.

1. Electronic launch control banned.

2. From Czech GP, maximum 5 engines can be used in 8 races. No changing of parts will be permitted except daily maintenance.

3. Electronic Suspension is banned.

4. Ceramic composite materials are not permitted for brakes disc or pads.
5. Only 2 post race tests at Catalunya and Czech GP for development purposes using test riders only are permitted.

6. Friday morning practice has been cut.

Gentlemen Start your engines!

Let's get it on!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
7c Forever

I don't even know where to begin....

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
Here are the newest rule changes for MotoGP that take affect immediately.

1. Electronic launch control banned. A GOOD THING

2. From Czech GP, maximum 5 engines can be used in 8 races. No changing of parts will be permitted except daily maintenance. NOT GOOD FOR DUCATI FOR SURE, MAYBE OK FOR OTHERS?

3. Electronic Suspension is banned. A GOOD THING

4. Ceramic composite materials are not permitted for brakes disc or pads. NOT SURE ON THIS ONE.... SHOUDL BE OK i WOULD ASSUME WITH THE OTHER OPTIONS
5. Only 2 post race tests at Catalunya and Czech GP for development purposes using test riders only are permitted.

6. Friday morning practice has been cut. HMMMM LESS TIME MEANS LESS PREPARATION AND LESS THEN PERFECT SETUP UNLESS YOUR FAST AND LUCKY

Gentlemen Start your engines!

Let's get it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I don't even know where to begin....
Here is how I would start I guess.... ???

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 PM
7c Forever

1. Pretty hard to differ that from the GPS traction control systems I'd say.
2. I'd say it'll be a problem for anybody still using springers, which is nobody at this point. I don't think the Ducati will have a problem here. Much as the haters would like it too. It's actually running a lower piston speed than most of the other bikes. I do like this rule a lot. Lately we've been forcing them to make engines that are good on fuel, reliable aswell as f00king fast. Now if we could force 'em to be cheap aswell we'd be set.
3. A bad thing. Electronic syspension is a future tech that WILL trickle down to the street. And now it'll be being developed in WSBK instead of MotoGP. Further eroding the "bleeding edge technology." that MotoGP likes to talk about and not back.
4. Ceramic pads were a field of developement I was hoping to see used. Particularly in the wet weather set-ups. This limits it to Carbon-Carbon and Steel.
5. Definitely will cut down costs. I'd personally have just set the tests up so that they were all before/after race weekends to cut down logistical expenses but still allow the bits to be developed. It's a decent rule tho.
6. wtf? definitely not a cost cutting measure. This is something that's gonna make the field further apart, Rossi and Stoner will have the bike set-up first practice and the others will be struggling. Maybe it'll help Colin too I guess.

Seems kinda backwards, sideways, circular, helical, and yet another example of Dorna changing the rules whenever they damned well feel like. Which is exactly the reason Yamaha left the AMA. I know there's people that want change just for the sake of it. But I don't see the point and I don't see how any team can be expected to go thru serious developement and invest millions of dollars in rules that might change next year... particularly if you do well....

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Great analysis, it's always nice to see what you think of these things... :props

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 08:24 PM
7c Forever

I just think that for the health of the sport we need 5 years without any rule changes in any class. Let shit settle down a bit.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 12:35 AM

I kinda disagree with ya on #3 Jr.

Nothing in GP Trickles down to us... while that is just my opinion, it's hard to argue that it is far more likely that Super Bike racing dev trickles down to us since they race the bikes we get to buy.

So WSBK developing electronic suspension is a good thing, and a far more likely application to arrive on consumer bikes...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:59 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
I kinda disagree with ya on #3 Jr.

Nothing in GP Trickles down to us... while that is just my opinion, it's hard to argue that it is far more likely that Super Bike racing dev trickles down to us since they race the bikes we get to buy.

So WSBK developing electronic suspension is a good thing, and a far more likely application to arrive on consumer bikes...
Electronic suspension is already here.

Íhlins Mechatronic - Sport Bike Forum

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 06:50 AM
jimmy crack corn

I agree with what junior said. and from the history of the sport and teams they will just spend more money to get around the rules or stay within the rules and still win.IMO

It is going to be awesome to see tumbelina take off at the first race thou

David
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 07:11 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack View Post
I agree with what junior said. and from the history of the sport and teams they will just spend more money to get around the rules or stay within the rules and still win.IMO
Ya, that too. I've got a couple of championships under my belt and I can tell you exactly, to the penny how much I'm gonna spend on any race effort that I make.

Every penny that I can milk out of the sponsors, bend, borrow or steal.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 07:14 AM
250 cc pilota.

Private riders and teams, private or factory, will spend ever dime they have and every dollar they don┤t have no matter what the rules are.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 07:15 AM
7c Forever

exactly. This whole "cost cutting" stuff is pretty dumb imo. The only way it's gonna get cheaper is if the big teams go bankrupt all together and all at once.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode