Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

AMA Fontana ***spoilers inside***

***spoilers***
***spoilers***
***spoilers***

Race 1 Superbike results

1 Mat Mladin Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
2 Tommy Hayden Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
3 Geoff May National Guard Jordan Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
4 Blake Young Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
5 Jake Holden Corona Extra Honda Honda CBR1000RR
6 Joshua Hayes Yamaha Motor Corp Yamaha R1
7 Ben Bostrom Yamaha Motor Corp Yamaha R1
8 David Anthony Aussie Dave Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000
9 Taylor Knapp Taylor Knapp Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000
10 Aaron Gobert Holden Racing Honda CBR1000RR
11 Chris Ulrich Roadracingworld.com Suzuki GSX-R1000

In Supersport there was a total of 6 bikes on the grid for Friday practice, and they were spread out across 6 seconds. For Qualy they managed to get a 7th rider on the grid. Still spread across 7 seconds tho.

Welcome to the world of DMG.

Atleast they stopped those pesky Suzuki's from running away with everything tho

holy fuck, check out this BS.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Junior; 03-21-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:40 PM
250 cc pilota.

Hayes and Bostrom need to get their act together given what that bike can do in other leauges.

Anyone think Mladin thinks this is much fun anymore?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Anyone think Mladin thinks this is much fun anymore?
At the very least it's gotta feel good to be vindicated.

I doubt that makes up for racing in a series he has nothing but contempt for tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:48 PM
250 cc pilota.

Did he need to be vindicated? Given Spies success maybe some people got of the "it´s only the bike" thing..

Where did Hodgson go?

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Lots of resentment for him still out there. I think it's a bit of a mute point now tho. By now, the lines are firmly split, you either love him or loathe him, and I don't see anything really changing anyones opinion of him. Much like Rossi in that regard. Whether you like or dislike him is all about personality at this point. There's the crowd that thinks he walks on water, and the crowd that thinks he's an asshole nomatter how much he's won.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:21 PM
jimmy crack corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Did he need to be vindicated? Given Spies success maybe some people got of the "it´s only the bike" thing..

Where did Hodgson go?
But last Sunday, while training for this weekend's second round of the AMA Pro Road Racing series, the Isle of Man resident suffered serious injuries in a motocross accident. Hodgson punctured a lung, cracked ribs, and dislocated his left shoulder when he unavoidably hit a downed rider while riding his Honda CRF450R at Racetown 395 in Adelanto, California. He's been hospitalized in Loma Linda University Medical Center ever since, though he hopes to be released today.
Cycle News | Hodgson Checks in

and mladin was quoted somewhere making a comment somthing to the effect that its the bike yeah right .... because its actually a leftover 08 they had to take off the showroom from some dealer somewhere because the 09's havent been homologated yet. so yes he has kind of been raised up by Ben winning the first three out of four and also he is still kicking ass. gotta love it

David
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

way to stick it up dmgs ass.... same bike as last year detuned and still destroying the comp.... gotta love it.... now he just needs to prove a point here this year and then leave ama for dead next year and go prove his point in wsbk!

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

more likely that he'll retire rather than run WSBK.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
more likely that he'll retire rather than run WSBK.
i know its just wishfull thinking lol

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Gang Green

stupid DMG..
1200cc buell beats 600cc i4's and 800cc ducatis.
Why is Buell allowed 1200cc but Ducati just 800?

Hacking bitched about the buell in the post race conference and got suspended.

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 07:19 AM
jimmy crack corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
stupid DMG..
1200cc buell beats 600cc i4's and 800cc ducatis.
Why is Buell allowed 1200cc but Ducati just 800?

Hacking bitched about the buell in the post race conference and got suspended.
I was thinking the same thing- its completely insane .

Its like our government loaned its calculators to the dmg.

David
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

the reason is that the Buell is a pushrod motor and the duck is a desmo. like as if that matters.

the whole thing is just so ridiculous. Especially the Nascar-esque suspension of Hacker for having dared to question the fearless leader. Mladin will be next without a shadow of a doubt.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Sportbike press conference. DiSalvo being a brat and Hacker showing some southern crass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Haas via Soup

Danny Eslick (#9 Bruce Rossmeyer's RMR Buell, winner):

Q Danny, it looked a little bit rougher today, but still a good run. When did you feel Jamie coming up to you?

A I don't even know exactly when it was, but he was there for a good few laps. I think I had maybe two seconds at one point. I'm not real sure. And then it just kept getting smaller. I tried to put my head down. I made a lot more mistakes today than I did yesterday, and he was right there. I was waiting - waiting for something. I was waiting for him to make a move and try to figure out what I could do, and I haven't - fortunately, I haven't been behind these guys all weekend, so it's been - It would've been a different ball game if he would've snuck in there on me, because I wouldn't have known where to try to make a move on him. I just want to thank the Bruce Rossmeyer RMR Buell, Geico Powersports, and everybody with the team. Thank you.

Q Great weekend. You went two for two and kind of recovered from a Daytona result that puts you back in the points, which is good as we head into the balance of the season.

Jamie Hacking (#88 Attack Kawasaki, second place):

Q Jamie, outstanding run today. In one lap, you were getting as much as four-tenths, half a second catching him, but maybe not enough time left in the race. Talk a little bit about your run.

A For us, it's a win in our eyes. We made some improvements overnight with the bike. I had to start the race there with a completely new setup I hadn't even ridden yet. So it took me a while. That's why I kind of fell back amongst those guys, and trying to figure out the machine, the new handling package that I had. It definitely was a little bit better than yesterday, and I managed to settle in and put some good hard laps in. I didn't think I was going to really reel him in, but I guess my laps were about consistent, and I saw him coming back to me, and I just started pushing hard, hard. The whole way I'm coming up on him, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do when I got to him. I knew I could get to him, but getting by him was going to be another task. I put everything I could in that last lap there. Coming off the last corner, I knew that was going to be my only bid. I knew there wasn't no point in trying to pass him anywhere else. He probably would've just passed me every little straightaway. So I thought I'd best give him a long shot there on the last lap coming out of the last corner, and I gave it all she had. The Monster Energy Kawasaki ZX-6R just didn't have it today. Maybe we'll make some more improvements and go to Atlanta and see if we can't pick up that few little more tenths that we need.

[Brief inaudible conversation between DiSalvo and Eslick. DISALVO CLAIMS HE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING IN THIS BRIEF INAUDIBLE CONVERSATION]

Q You took the points lead this weekend, extended it a little bit today, and you also set the fastest race lap at 1:28.059 on that Kawasaki. So outstanding run today.

A That's all that counts. Set fast lap and lead points.

Q It definitely counts for something.

Jason DiSalvo (#40 M4 Suzuki, third place):

Q Jason, we saw you quite a bit in Daytona. Now you're joining us on the last session here for the weekend. Great run. You pulled out some fireworks there. Talk about your run on your teammate, as you came down to the finish.

A Both the M4 Suzukis were really strong today. Both me and MartĂn were making our way through that pack of guys. I had - I just really couldn't get going on the start of the race, and fell back behind, I think, one of the Aprilias. I was way back there. Those guys, I was back behind them, and they had a gap, and I had to get through and chase them down and then work through them. By the time I got there and got to the back of the pack, I saw I had three laps - three laps to go.

[Inaudible conversation between Hacking and Eslick]

DISALVO: Hey, I'm doing a little interview here.

[Laughter from the audience.]

By the time I got to the back of those guys, there was three laps to go, and I had three guys in front of me. So I said, "Three laps, three guys. I gotta get one guy each lap."

[Inaudible conversation between Eslick and Hacking]

DISALVO: Hey. [Laughter from the audience] Did I talk during your thing? Answer my question. Did I talk during your thing?

MODERATOR: All right, guys.

HACKING: Do you have a microphone? They can hear you. Continue, son

MODERATOR: Let's finish up the interview. Let's be respectful.

DISALVO: Let's get a little respect here. So anyway -

HACKING: I lost all respect for you a long time ago.

DISALVO: I never had any for you.

MODERATOR: Hey, we're not going to get into it here. Let Jason finish his interview and then we're going to have questions. Thank you.

DISALVO: So. Got me all fired up here.

MODERATOR: You were talking about the pass and how you came up on MartĂn.

DISALVO: Yeah. Me and MartĂn came off the last corner. It was M4 Suzuki versus M4 Suzuki. I just tried to set him up and get as good a drive as I could off the last turn. We made the draft work today. That was it. We got it done. The M4 Suzuki had what it took coming to the line.

MODERATOR: Thank you. Questions, please?

Q What about the track conditions from yesterday to today, with the rains overnight? How did that affect your setup for today?

ESLICK: We ran the same exact setup from yesterday. The track was just a little bit greener than yesterday. That's really about it. Not too much different. Little lower track temperature. That's probably all.

Q Jamie, how much, if any, could you use the draft off his Buell when you were getting up that close?

HACKING: Zero.
Soup :: Sunday Daytona Sport Bike Press Conference Transcript :: 03-23-2009

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 02:46 PM

Ha Ha Ha! 7 bikes on the SS grid. They suspend Hacking for cussing and Mladin for not showing up for the autograph session.

Mladin smokes all comers as usual. A 1125 cc bike beats a pro rider on a 600cc bike. No TV coverage until weeks later.

They aren't even going to show up for the Miller WSBK round. Zero classes. Could this get any more absurd??? I bet it will!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
250 cc pilota.

I´d like to know what was said in the inaudible parts...

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM
250 cc pilota.

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Sounds pretty bush league from Hacking IMO. So is Spies the last American rider we'll see on the world stage?
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

no caker riders have hit the world stage since Fraser took over up here, Mig was the last one.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 04:54 PM
FAsT BOYS

damn kind of messed up. i think hacking would beat jason up though.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
damn kind of messed up. i think hacking would beat jason up though.

that'd be a really short fight.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode