Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

r1 or r6

Im really torn, after crashing my 125 and the fiasco of getting replacement parts im kinda turned off by it.

plus the lack of competition and contingency money when i do race takes some of the fun out of it also.

so im thinking of either getting an r1 or an r6 for track duty. Im leaning towards building a nasty r6 but I really like the tech of the new r1. You guys kinda know me so I wanted to hear your opinions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 04:49 AM

I think the best and cheaper option would be a nice (already track prepared) used R6. Plenty of fun.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 05:01 AM
jimmy crack corn

I wish I had your problems.

I would be picking between a ducati 848 , R6, and R1.

that is a very tough decision.
R1 would be the most fun IMO

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 05:33 AM

I'm biased, just picked up an 2009 R6 2 weeks ago, the handling and feel is like no other.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 06:03 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I would go with the R6, just it handling a fun factor would be much better on the track. IMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 12:07 PM
250 cc pilota.

I would stick with the 125.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

09 R1 or an older model? If it's the 09 then that wins hands down, if it's any other year it'd be the R6 for me. If it's for track use that is. I can't wait to see the next gen R6 I would think with an all new R1 this year maybe an all new R6 next year I might down grade to an R6 as my next bike. I jumped to the R1 way too early and hadn't really learned to ride yet.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

it would be an 09 for either

the r6 would deff be better on the track and the plan as of now is for it to just be atrack bike. If by chance my financial situation changes and i had to go back to one bike and sell the ducati im either gona loose my ass selling the r6 as a racebike or not be happy with it as a street bike.

if i get an r1 I would be happy with that as a street bike and since it is the new modeal and a new r6 is due out next year it would hold its value a little better.

im gona think about it for a while before i decide. Maybe run the 125 the rest of this year and see what 10 has in store for thenew r6

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
it would be an 09 for either

the r6 would deff be better on the track and the plan as of now is for it to just be atrack bike. If by chance my financial situation changes and i had to go back to one bike and sell the ducati im either gona loose my ass selling the r6 as a racebike or not be happy with it as a street bike.

if i get an r1 I would be happy with that as a street bike and since it is the new modeal and a new r6 is due out next year it would hold its value a little better.

im gona think about it for a while before i decide. Maybe run the 125 the rest of this year and see what 10 has in store for thenew r6
If you plan to buy new, then get the 09R1, no doubt. Or wait to see if the 10R6 will be a whole new bike, like everyone's expecting.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 AM
No Crying Allowed

09R1 No question about it......... but be careful

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode