Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

The Edwards, Toseland Drama...

James Toseland seeks end to Edwards feud | Page 1 | MotoGP News | 2009 | Crash.Net

Well if there was any doubt that Edwards was telling the truth, this article with Toseland removes all doubt.

Toseland, expressed a problem in communication with Coulon. A language barrier of some sorts and he expressed his concern with Herve early last year.

A plan to swap crew chief was formed with Edwards out of the loop until Coulon told him after the change was made.

IMO Colin has a right to be this pissed off, I don't think that if there was a problem in the teams and it was decided without his input that he was to deal with it, that it is to be considered as anything but disrespect.

The team is obviously looking at Toseland as their #1 rider despite his inability thus far to show that he is. And poor Coulon was considered the cause of Toselands results...

Perhaps... but you guys know that it doesn't bother me one bit that Colin every now and then feels he can accomplish something only to have it flop for one reason or another during the season. But I hope that this change sees him put in his best year just to see if Herver is going to screw him again...

Who knows... perhaps Herve didn't give a shit about burning bridge cause Colin might be out of a seat with Rookies coming on to league on non factory teams. Although that is another topic which I think the factories will easily exploit the obvious loophole there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
JT is an tool.

There is nothing in the world he can do to make his results better, no new crew chief will help with his in-ability to ride a GP bike. IMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
7c Forever

ohhh, yamahuh is gonna go apeshit when he sees that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 01:42 AM
250 cc pilota.

Considering how happy CE seems with Coulon I think he can stop whining and do the talking at the track.

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Advanced Member

You whine like a bitch and steal your teammates crew chief then your surprised he's pissed at you? WTF is wrong with Toseland. He could get Burgess as his crew chief and it's not going to magically give him more talent so he can ride like Rossi. CE3 is a better rider hands down,and I hope he and Coulon shove it down JT's throat all year. Every spot that CE3 finishes ahead of JT is just going to make it that much worse in the garage too. I'm sure Yamaha is pissed cuz I think the idea was for CE3 to take JT under his wing and help develop him as a rider.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 03:00 PM
250 cc pilota.

If someone acts like a whining git you donīt show much class if you do the same. We have heard CEs story now, we know about the situation. Get over it and prove your worth at the track. Works much better than words in my opinion.

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member

I can't remember a time when CE3 hasn't shown his worth on the track. He was team mates with Rossi, and Rossi loves him still, so I don't think CE3 is the problem here. I'm sure there's a ton of pressure in the paddock being placed on Toseland to be the number 1 rider for the team, but CE3 can ride a Gp bike better, and there's not much Toseland is going to be able to do about it.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 AM
250 cc pilota.

I can actually name more times that he has not lived up to expectations, especially his own, than times he actually has delivered. He is good but he is not more than a mid pack rider that occasionally gets on the podium.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

because he's not on the podium every race he hasn't delivered? We'll have to agree to disagree. I think he's more of a top 5 rider than a midpack rider.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Whatever, this ain't about Colins career accomplishments... this post was to confirm CE wasn't full of shit about what is going on in the team.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 01:13 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley42 View Post
because he's not on the podium every race he hasn't delivered? We'll have to agree to disagree. I think he's more of a top 5 rider than a midpack rider.
Mainly because he talks a lot and he doesnīt deliver to his own talking. He is good but there are more than five riders that are faster than him in my opinion.

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone read Colin's column in the new issue of Road Racer X? The whole first half of the column is him congratulating Ben Spies and Ben Bostrom for their wins. But the final paragraph reads "Herve Poncharal is awesome, and he's got a great team. He needs to get rid of my teammate, but other than that, I think it's working out good for everybody at the moment".
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 PM
250 cc pilota.

No doubt about who has his shit together the best in that team. Colin fourth and a whooping 50 seconds ahead of Piano Boy, who had an off track excursion to blame though..

As the 2009 MotoGP season got underway in the re-scheduled Monday night race at the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar, Colin Edwards survived a poor first lap to battle his way through the crowd and finish fourth.

The veteran American rider followed podium finishers Casey Stoner, Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo across the line, to make it four Yamahas in the top four.

It was an improvement on Edwards’ seventh placed 2008 Qatar result and was well-earned by the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider as he overtook several opponents to earn 13 points, when even a top ten result could have been in question after a nightmare first lap.

He explained, “That was a good start to the season after I made a rubbish start to the race. I thought I'd got a good start but the next thing I know is everybody flying by me. I was way down and it cost me the chance to fight for the podium really. I’m not saying I could have run with Jorge (Lorenzo) because he was riding really well, but it would have been nice to give myself a shot.”

Acknowledging the preparations that made the race possible, as the asphalt was cleaned by workers during the day on Monday, Edwards continued, “The track conditions were good considering the rain we had on Sunday night and I just concentrated on being smooth and not abusing the tyre too much.”

“It paid off because when I caught (Andrea) Dovizioso I could see he was having some issues. By the time I passed him for fourth, Jorge was long gone and it was going to take a massive mistake from him for me to get close but I kept pushing. I’d like to think I could have kept the pace with Jorge if I’d got a good start, but it’s easy to say that afterwards.”

Summarising his first race on Japanese rubber the 35 year-old went on to say, “The grip from Bridgestone was really good and I’m glad we all stayed and raced. I just want to say thanks to all my guys at Monster Yamaha Tech 3. It has been a long and difficult weekend but we have all pulled together, stayed strong and focused and come out with a good result, so I’m looking forward to another good race in Japan next time out.”

Last edited by Gustav O; 04-13-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

I just hope he can sustain this pace... maybe he needed to finally hate someone to light a fire in his ass... who knows.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 04:57 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
I just hope he can sustain this pace... maybe he needed to finally hate someone to light a fire in his ass... who knows.
He started well last year as well.
The Yamaha looks very sorted though so Edwards can probably get his usual fifth places and the occasional podium in.

Toseland actually looks a bit like an ass considering all the drama and talk to get another crew chief etc. Canīt say I feel sorry for him though, but I like him to step up the pace so we get more riders gunning for for the front.

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 AM
7c Forever

I think he Toseland needs to fear for his ride.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I think he Toseland needs to fear for his ride.
i agree seeing as how the team manager has already made an open statement that he wants spies next year

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 07:21 AM
250 cc pilota.

For sure Toseland needs to up his pace as Tech 3 can provide great machinery with their tighter connections to the Yamaha factory and I see no reason to keep Toseland when they have Spies "in house" and riders like Simoncelli and Bautista probably looking for rides next year. With the new no rookies in factory teams rule Tech 3 will be a very coveted ride.

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 07:25 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
With the new no rookies in factory teams rule Tech 3 will be a very coveted ride.
the most coveted ride in the paddock.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

I think the no rookie rule is going to make Gp much closer racing, because of the side effects it will cause. I think if Tech 3 does sign Spies next year the Tech 3 bikes will have every part the factory bikes do. In essence tech 3 will become a 2nd factory team. Yamaha won't be able to sign Ben, but they'll still want him, and if he's winning on a Tech 3 Yamaha it's still a Yamaha winning so they're still selling bikes. I think this will happen with pretty much every satellite team so being on a factory bike won't mean as much.

Spies and CE3 on the same team would be the Sh!t btw!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode