Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Toseland's place under threat as Tech 3 team boss courts WSB front runner

TECH 3 YAMAHA team supremo Herve Poncharal has said he's keen to have former AMA Superbike champ-turned-WSB front runner Ben Spies in his MotoGP line up for 2010. Poncharal has been impressed by Spies undoubted riding talent and has openly stated he wants the Texan in next year's Tech 3 team. Speaking on the subject Poncharal said:

Quote:
"It is obvious that he is an exceptional pilot. I wish to have it in 2010! We had already discussed this with him last year, just like we did with Simoncelli. Ben will be in MotoGP in 2010, it obvious to me and I hope it will be with Tech 3. He will bring new blood to the category. He's part of the Yamaha family."
Poncharal has also been equally outspoken regarding James Toseland's poor performances over the last two years.
"James must roll. There are three Yamahas in the first four in MotoGP. James is sixteenth. He must arrive in Japan with ambitions. It is necessary that he makes the top 10."
Could the writing be on the wall for our British hero?

LINK

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
That' awsome!! I hope it happens!

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 05:08 PM
7c Forever

wow that's wild for Herve to be that blatantly against James. The brit commentators orgasm when he makes a pass for 15th fucking place.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
250 cc pilota.

Why keep Edwards if you are in talks with both Spies and Simoncelli?
Rossi/Lorenzo and Spies/Simoncelli.
Thatīs what I call strong teams!

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM

That maybe the case, only thing I can think of that could help Edwards is if his asking price makes it possible to land what is known to be an expensive Spies...

But who knows... maybe its a non issue and Simon/Spies is the ultimate goal.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 06:44 PM
7c Forever

shitcan Lorenzo and give Ben his seat, give Toselands to Simoncelli.

Anybody still bitching about Ben's asking price needs to re-evaluate what they're racing for. If you wanna save money, stay the fuck home. If you wanna win, you need a rider capable of it.

At over a mill a pop for each bike, how much in transit costs? is the riders salary really that big a portion? do you wanna save 5% of your total operational costs by fielding Capirossi and Vermulean when you could have fielded Bautista and Spies?

If you've content to just be out there like Suzuki, obviously yes, but that's not really deserving of a whole lot of respect imo.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 06:48 PM

Just sayin... in this game percentages can clearly be a substantial amount of money to pony up... and this is MotoGP... The Sponsors are not dime a dozen or Moto Czys and Team KR would still be out there.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 06:50 PM
7c Forever

Ya fair enough. But I don't think there's much point in even being out there if you're not planning on going for it. Or spending the amount that they do on bikes and then hire a rider for $100,000

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 11:40 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
shitcan Lorenzo and give Ben his seat, give Toselands to Simoncelli.

Anybody still bitching about Ben's asking price needs to re-evaluate what they're racing for. If you wanna save money, stay the fuck home. If you wanna win, you need a rider capable of it.

At over a mill a pop for each bike, how much in transit costs? is the riders salary really that big a portion? do you wanna save 5% of your total operational costs by fielding Capirossi and Vermulean when you could have fielded Bautista and Spies?

If you've content to just be out there like Suzuki, obviously yes, but that's not really deserving of a whole lot of respect imo.
Sacking a proven race winner to give room in order to KEEP Edwards makes no bloody sense at all and you know it Junior.
If you follow your own logic the result would be the same....

Regarding costs it is being reported that Yamaha cut salaries all over the line with 25% due to the recession...

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Edwards is pretty consistent too..... I HOPE he gets a W this season!

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1stunner View Post
Edwards is pretty consistent too..... I HOPE he gets a W this season!
and i hope that three dump trucks pull up at my house;

-one full of money
-one full of scotch
-one full of cheerleaders

i know whose hopes are more likely

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:42 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post

-one full of money
-one full of scotch

you let me know if that happens, I'll be there shortly when it does.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Master of Sergeants

Ill keep my fingers crossed!! hahahahahah

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 11:52 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:

-one full of money
-one full of scotch

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:

-one full of money
-one full of scotch

You know... A Laguna Win is not a far fetch dream for him.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 05:47 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
You know... A Laguna Win is not a far fetch dream for him.
ya right, and neither are LP's dumptrucks.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
ya right, and neither are LP's dumptrucks.
He did beat Rossi to the line on the 990 in 06.
We'll see if the year continues to be good for him, Tech3 may just be able to get the bike he needs underneath him to make a good charge @ Laguna.

Last edited by racerraul; 05-06-2009 at 05:53 PM.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 PM
7c Forever

the year Rossi's yamaha blew up from the heat?

you don't say. Now if 10 more guys bikes also fly apart from the heat, he'll win forsurely!!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
the year Rossi's yamaha blew up from the heat?

you don't say. Now if 10 more guys bikes also fly apart from the heat, he'll win forsurely!!

I think that was 07... in 06 Rossi made a late charge @ Colin but came up short. Colin passed on the corkscrew, and was gaining on Nicky. Had he not botched the start, he might have battled Nicky to the end... but he ran out of tires late in the race.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
7c Forever

that was 05 bud. Where Colin passed coming up the hill into 7, and then had to race the stopwatch down to Nick, fried his tire tho and Rossi damned near got him in the closing stages.

06 Nick won, I can't recall much else about it tho, I'm fairly sure Vermin and Pedrosa filled out the box tho.

07 Nick and John got together in T1. I can't even recall who won, Stoner I suspect.

08 Rossi kamikaze's Stoner thru 7 Zinardi style. And Lorenzo grew wings in 5, at the bottom of the hill.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode