Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Canadian Superbike Round 1 results

Pos.Name
1.Jordan Szoke
2.Brett McCormick
3.Kevin Lacombe
4.Clint McBain
5.Frank Trombino
6.Alex Welsh
7.Steve Crevier
8.Andrew Nelson
9.Karl Daigle
10.Matt McBride
11.Royce McLean
12.Erick Beausejour
13.Jodi Christie
14.Marie-Josee Boucher
15.Sean Huffman

With that win Jordan Szoke has passed Steve Crevier to become the winningest rider in Canadian Superbike history.

Looks like Brett was keeping him honest tho, just over 0.1 gap at the line.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

And 600 results

Pos.Name
1.Jordan Szoke *Jump Start Penalty
2.Brett McCormick
3.Kevin Lacombe
4.Alex Welsh *Jump Start Penalty
5.Andrew Nelson
6.Steve Crevier
7.Royce McLean
8.Dave Estok
9.Jodi Christie
10.Matt McBride
11.Marie-Josee Boucher
12.Martin Grande
13.Darren James
14.Francis Martin
15.Brian Blaauwendraat
16.Michael Ferreira
17.Elie Daccache
18.Dan Henri
19.James Collins
20.Zenon Nelson
21.Genevieve Lesieur
22.John Savoy
DNF.Karl Daigle
DNF.Tony Kasper
DNF.Todd Scott
DNF.Frank Trombino
DNS.J.F. Cyr
DNS.Rob Busby
DNS.Jean Paquet

Jordan had them well covered, managed to make up his jump start penalty and still win with plenty of gap.

Looks like some shitty luck for Trombino and Daigle, Daigle is worth watching, he's been national ice racing champ umpteen times, damned fast rider when he can get it right. Guy's death on wheels on a KX500 on the ice, terrifying to watch. Think Kenny Roberts Sr only with a French Canadian "BANZAAAAIIIII!!!!!!!" temperment.

Martin must have been having some serious problems, not good for a former national champ to finish 14th, getting beat by a girl in the process.

Tech Results

Superbike:
Szoke
Weight:380
HP:174.61

McCormick
Weight:383
HP:181.00

Lacomb
Weight: 417
HP:176.73
^^ This is the new R1, bit of a pig by the look of her.

Szoke
Weight:356
HP:121.03

McCormick
Weight:364
HP:120.81

Lacombe
Weight:367
HP:117.71

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Junior; 05-24-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Go Christie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

pal of yours?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Not really. A couple of friends of mine supported him with minor sponsorship money last year, so I followed his amateur season and was very impressed. He was selected to ride the Red Bull rookies Cup for 2009 and we all know how that turned out. I like to follow young up and coming riders and see them do well.
The Szoke show is getting to be more and more like an AMA event every year. New talent in this series is always welcome as far as I'm concerned.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

yea I saw Christie at Mosport last year, quick kid. I think McCormick is the only one that has anything for Szoke this year. Trouble is Jordan has such a good championship mind, being able to match him on track is only the beginning.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

I agree. McCormick may be the only one out there right now who can challenge Jordan. I think team politics held McCormick back a little last season. On the right equipment, Crevier could give Szoke a good run. Lacomb always seems to throw down some good lap times in practice and qualifiing, but usually rides for third in the race (reminds me of Edwards a little). Also Christie only has a couple of 600's so he's down a few cc's on the superbikes. Not that it matters on these short Canadian tracks.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rider View Post
I agree. McCormick may be the only one out there right now who can challenge Jordan. I think team politics held McCormick back a little last season. On the right equipment, Crevier could give Szoke a good run. Lacomb always seems to throw down some good lap times in practice and qualifiing, but usually rides for third in the race (reminds me of Edwards a little). Also Christie only has a couple of 600's so he's down a few cc's on the superbikes. Not that it matters on these short Canadian tracks.
Matters at Mosport, I've built a whole bike around that hill, heheh.

Crevier is good, no doubt there, but to be honest I don't think he's as mature as Jordan is/always has been. Which is odd given that Crevier is old enough to be Jordan's dad, but even at 14 years old on that 4-stroke GP thing (moto2 before there was such a thing) he had an uncanny ability to see the "big picture." and do what it takes to get the title.

Martin has the speed and maturity to run with him when stuff is going well, the most bizarre part about Martin is how ungodly smooth he is. Standing in 2 or 3 at Mosport, or Allens at Shannonville, you can't even hear his throttle transitions, just unreal smooth.

McCormick, he's got the speed, the question is does he have the maturity. In a championship against Jordan you can't afford to make a mistake.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:42 AM

Canada has a roadrace series? Huh, never knew.

^^^^ Just kidding by the way, I'm not quite that dense.

Last edited by jamiedaugherty; 05-26-2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

lol, not to worry. You should come up for a round.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
CANADIAN SUPERBIKE... that's like JAMACAN BOBSLEDDING isnt it??? hahhaah Just Kidding!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode