Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

an american electric bike on the isle

looks pretty sweet, this guy has been busting his ass for a few years swimming against the tide hope it works out for him

MotoCzysz E1pc Completed, Dyno-Tested, On the Isle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Somebody

so what happened? did it race?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
so what happened? did it race?
race is tomorrow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 AM
250 cc pilota.

Comments abotu the bike after the second practise.

"This time we passed every other team and were blazing in for the fastest lap of the field when the controllers went into current limitation with sagging batteries just one mile from the finish line. Our rider, Mark Miller, stopped the bike and tried to figure out what was wrong as the rest of the teams passed, then decided to get back on and give it another go. By then the batteries had rebounded sufficiently to give him his last mile, ......and he crept in at only 13.8 mph! On the other hand, he qualified us for the race on Friday, and the bike absolutely ripped most of the way round. ........we're looking very good."

Some videos from the TTxGP.

Last edited by Gustav O; 06-11-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 AM
7c Forever

somehow... I just can't bring myself to care that much.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
somehow... I just can't bring myself to care that much.
I have to 100% agree.

The bike is hot lookin, it really is.

But put a REAL motor in there please. Then I'll take it.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
7c Forever

even if they did I'm not sure I'd be terribly interested, to be honest.

I mean I wasn't super interested when it DID have an IC motor in it, a fairly special one at that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:

I mean I wasn't super interested when it DID have an IC motor in it, a fairly special one at that.
Yeah different strokes for different folks.

I personally think it's better looking than the Augusta or any Ducati. But that's me.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 05:38 PM
7c Forever

some good chassis ideas too, but it's a little too radical for my tastes. NR500 style, try to reinvent every single wheel on the bike and even if every one of them is a superior design, it'll take 20 years to iron out the wrinkles, if you ever do. And in the meantime the more conventional designs. Or the ones that change 1 thing at a time (a'la Ducati GP bike) you're not so far behind on developement.

That said, the electrical class IS new, so the wheel hasn't been completely invented yet, so they're not as much on the hind foot as the original motoczysz was/is.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:09 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
From what I can gather the engine has been in development for a couple of years. The bike itself doesn't really interest me to be honest. Its basically a conventional bike chassis to a point. I haven't checked out the website but are they using hydrogen fuel cells for power? It just finished one lap of the TT. Supposedly ran out of omph in the closing stages of the lap, but it was killing all the other elec bikes until then.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:16 AM
7c Forever

the tortois and the hare.

and the rest of the island was run by actual racebikes.

There's something particularly satisfying about the bellow they give going up bray hill. Something very magical about a literbike being held wide open long enough to actually build some heat in the pipes.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Tell me thats not an I-phone built into the dash.....

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Tell me thats not an I-phone built into the dash.....
speaks legions, doesn't it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 08:49 AM

Junior, if you want to hear beautiful liter bike noise at the TT, its Sulby Glenn where they come past throttle pinned in top gear at over 190 mph. They've been doing 160-170+ before that section, so the pipes are well hot. Coming down from Creg-Ny-Bah toward the return to pit straight the bikes are going a lot slower because of all the short bendy sections coming into Douglas. Don't get me wrong, they are loud coming down Bray Hill but nothing like the timber of sound flying past you at Sulby Glenn speed trap.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 09:03 AM

Did I mention that I have videos that I really should post up. Superbikes coming past Sulby Glenn at warp speed and you ain't heard nothing 'till you hear a 600cc Sidecar outfit coming past at full noise hitting the limiter in top gear in some cases. Absolutely screaming.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 10:46 AM
7c Forever

bad ass, post 'em up!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Well given its an independent brand, or I should say person who is passionate enough to have the energy and money to do what he is done is applaudable.

I want design pushed.

But I am also a freak for almost anything 2 wheeled excluding scooters, and bikes that weigh over 450lbs.

My mods are ghey...
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 06:25 PM
7c Forever

He had some good ideas but I guess I'm just to conservative design wise. I mean I'll watch with interest either way, even the original motoczysz I kept close tabs on but watching the 990's really proved to me that there IS such a thing as trying to change too much at once.

Appluadable? sure it is. But it's a little too "Italian fire and passion and soul." for me. At the end of the day the stopwatch tells all.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
He had some good ideas but I guess I'm just to conservative design wise. I mean I'll watch with interest either way, even the original motoczysz I kept close tabs on but watching the 990's really proved to me that there IS such a thing as trying to change too much at once.

Appluadable? sure it is. But it's a little too "Italian fire and passion and soul." for me. At the end of the day the stopwatch tells all.
Totally makes sense... however I my relationships with bikes is with bikes not me racing them, and its became pretty consuming. The passion and soul thing, I get. Its what makes me tweaked when I dont ride, and nerd out so hard on this stuff.
For me to equate bikes with a stopwatch I cant relate with.
I like bobber's, old beemers, new, old, MV's, etc... All the new stuff. The Britten bike, you name it.

My mods are ghey...
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Gang Green

I love the sound of an I4 or twin in a sportbike, and I'd miss that if it were gone. However, I don't really care if I am being propelled by electric or gasoline engines. If they can get performance the same, I'd ride an electric. They will have massive torque and a very smooth powerband.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode