Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Toseland to replace Spies in WSBK

Is the Ivory Tinkler Toast?

WSB: Toseland set to replace Spies in 2010
By Visordown News
Hot rumours from Visordown's WSB mole about who's going where in next year's WSB series

HOT RUMOURS are flying about who's where for next year in WSB, and it's not quite as cut-and-dry as you might think.
Here's the popular take on what's going on at the moment - but these are just rumours picked up from reliable sources by Visordown's WSB mole.

Right, this is what the paddock Bongo drums are saying: James Toseland leaves Tech 3 Yamaha in MotoGP to go to Yamaha Italia where he will replace Ben Spies (who trades with Toseland and goes to Tech 3 for 2010). Last week Visordown reported how Toseland's business manager, Roger Burnett, has already been in discussions with Suzuki about running JT in next year's WSB series.

Tom Sykes leaves Yamaha to take over a prime spot on the Alstare Suzuki WSB machines.

Points to note here are that Sykes goes very well on Suzukis and has been riding brilliantly in WSB this year, relations between him and Yamaha are widely rumoured to be deteriorating despite the lads good performances and that both he and Toseland are both managed by former rider Roger Burnett.

With the 'No Rookies to Factory Bikes' rule in 2010, the few non-factory seats will be even hotter property in next year's championship, so the pressure for Toseland to perform is immense.

What do you guys think of Spies heading to MotoGP so soon? I know he's the hottest commodity on the WSBK stage at the moment but would it be better for him to do another year in WSBK and maybe grab the title before moving onto GP where he stands the chance of being a 'mid-pack rider' agains the likes of Rossi, Stoner, Pedrosa and Lorenzo??

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 06-23-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
No Crying Allowed

I was not aware of the rule for 2010 about the rookies on non factory teams... sucks because the non factory teams don't seems to have the same bikes or parts as the factory and therefore perform less as well. I would hate to see Ben on a non factory Ride no matter what series... I think he would be setup to fail if he was placed on the tech 3 team personally. While he might do well compared to the other two that have seem to be only mid pack riders, he would not be up front for sure.

If that rule is in effect I would like to see Ben race a few motogp races this year and maybe loose the rookie status for next year if that can be done?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Yeah , if this is accurte information it seems to me like they're limiting rookies to satellite teams before they can jump to factory teams - not sure what the rationale is behind that though. I mean if Yamaha, Ducati or any of the others want to put a GP untested rider on one of their bikes who's to stop them? It's their damn bike after all.

That being said, it means that no matter when Ben makes the jump he'll be stuck on a satellite bike for at least one season unless they count 'wildcard' rides as rookie experience. If you can get one wildcard ride and lose your rookie status then it's kind of a bogus rule but if you have to race a whole season first on a non factory bike then what's the rush to go? I think he'd be better off putting a WSBK title on his CV before rushing off to GP. He's young and has time, after all Edwards has done fuck all for 7 years and he's still there ...

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 06-23-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 PM
7c Forever

satellite bike or no, nothing can stop the flow of parts.

For example, was Gibernau's bike in '04 factory? did it have the good shit?

And as for being a mid-packer... I very much doubt it. It's possible, but my question is more along the lines of "it he on the same level as Casey, who's a level above everyone else at the moment."

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 06-23-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by officialsite
The regulatory bodies have also decided to prohibit the recruitment of new riders to factory teams as of next year, with rookies required to serve their apprenticeship with a satellite team.
Sauce: MotoGP.com
More sauce: FIM

Which is a shame for the "smaller" manufacturers. Though it may encourage them to help forming satellite teams, otherwise they'll be stuck without upcoming talent.

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 09:35 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
MotoGP.com

Which is a shame for the "smaller" manufacturers. Though it may encourage them to help forming satellite teams, otherwise they'll be stuck without upcoming talent.
that was the intent of the rule I'm fairly sure.

This shit is getting a little NASCAResque tho... only without the regularly close finishes.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:40 PM

The rule might play in favor of the privateer teams & rookies. In more than one occasion parts have been held back on purpose from non-factory teams... perhaps this way, non-factory teams can get a bit more factory interest if a rookie the factory wants is there.

Food for thought...

I would rather see Ben stay until he bags the WSBK title... but he's made no secret he wants to go to MotoGP.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 AM
250 cc pilota.

Both Yamaha and Herve Ponchrala have expressed how impressed they are with Spies and I conclusion you can make from that is that if he goes to Tech 3 he will get as good stuff as possible. Maybe not exacttly at the same time as Rossi does but with this new rule the satellite teams will get more parts earlier.

If he wants to go to GPs there is no better time The Yamaha is a great bike, Tech 3 the only team with Yamahas he can go to. Why hang around i WSBK? He has already proved that he is teh fastest guy there and if he wants to do well in GPs he needs to go theere soon.

post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Gang Green

One small note, I believe the "no factory team" for rookies only applies to manufacturers that actually have a satellite team.
Suzuki and Kawasaki/Hayate would not be restricted from getting a rookie because they have no satellite team.

I think Ben would do just fine on the Tech3 bikes. Colin has been right up there in practise and qualifying. they are the best satellite bikes on the grid.

post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
250 cc pilota.

Another small note is that the topic is wrong. It´s Spies replacing Toseland and not vice versa.

post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Yeah, I thought that perspective was pretty skewed as well but what do you expect from a UK based mag?

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
I think Ben would do just fine on the Tech3 bikes. Colin has been right up there in practise and qualifying.
We've just got to make some adjustments to make the bike turn a bit better and I feel confident that I can be pushing for another podium here.

I think he has a patent pending on that phrase...

post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 12:19 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
We've just got to make some adjustments to make the bike turn a bit better and I feel confident that I can be pushing for another podium here.

I think he has a patent pending on that phrase...

I think you are right sir.
After the race it goes a little something like this.
"I just couldn´t ride as I wanted, I pushed all race but the the bike kept pushing the front." CE the II finishing 6th.

post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
I was not aware of the rule for 2010 about the rookies on non factory teams... sucks because the non factory teams don't seems to have the same bikes or parts as the factory and therefore perform less as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Yeah , if this is accurte information it seems to me like they're limiting rookies to satellite teams before they can jump to factory teams - not sure what the rationale is behind that though. I mean if Yamaha, Ducati or any of the others want to put a GP untested rider on one of their bikes who's to stop them? It's their damn bike after all.

You know there is going to be some sort of exemption for riders who have factory superbike experience.... or something. I couldn't imagine telling a guy with a proven championship-winning record (like Spies) that he can't have a factory ride. That would hurt the series, I think.
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 11:05 AM
7c Forever

Thing is that GP is in a pissing contest with WSBK right now and they're looking to prove that they're a step above. If that means looking down on WSBK guys, odds are that they'll do it.

And I agree, it'll hurt the series. Snob factor rarely helps anyone.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post

"I just couldn´t ride as I wanted, I pushed all race but the the bike kept pushing the front..
Colin Edwards' top excuses

My bike isn't absolutey perfect
I'm not as fast as everyone else but can't admit it
Rossi stole my settings
J-T stole my crew chief
I wanted to ride harder but I couldn't .... cos I'm shite
Hayden made me crash .... by racing with me ... my only victory ... gone
Haga never took supplements .... I beat him fair and square
By believing it , I make it so
Only not so much
I believe I'm freakin' GREAT but actually I'm being paid WAY too much for being COMPLETELY SHITE and yet from race to race I'll still churn out the old ... if I had a better front end ...blah, blah, blah - 7 YEARS - 0 WINS - FUCK OFF TEX!!!

post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 12:35 PM
7c Forever

and after all that he's still 25 points and 5 championship positions ahead of your favourite spank tank material

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Wasn't Toseland supposed to come in and wipe the floor with Edwards?
So many guys to pick on... but yet a mid pack descent rider gets all your hated attention...

There's quite a few guys in this league that suck much worse ya know...

Tell you what... buy me this helmet and I'll wear it with a T-shirt that says I'm a DORK CE II fan and post it on the Interwebz far ya....

PS... I wear a medium

Last edited by racerraul; 06-26-2009 at 04:21 PM.
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Thing is that GP is in a pissing contest with WSBK right now and they're looking to prove that they're a step above. If that means looking down on WSBK guys, odds are that they'll do it.

And I agree, it'll hurt the series. Snob factor rarely helps anyone.
I think the actual intent of the rule wasn't snobbery, but to help the smaller teams because they never get the best riders. This ensures they get a shot at landing the "next big thing".

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:25 PM
7c Forever

ya fair enough. And that's noble intent, but I can see it scaring the best riders away from the series. Especially with WSBK on the rise as it is.

shit at the moment GP has 4.5 factories involved, and WSBK has 7, and privateer teams out of the wazzoo. Not unusual to see a full grid, whereas MotoGP is struggling to meet the minimum required by their contract.

anyhow, all I'm saying is that their position is precarious enough that they really should be treading carefully.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode