Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Does the K9 Suck?

Today Mladin/suzuki lost a third race this year. My question is what do you think its coming down to, the rider? strength of the field or the machinery? I personally believe the k9 is not as dominant a machine as the previous model, due to suzuki beinging the season with the 08 model and running away with wins, which all came to a stop as soon as they switched to the k9 and even now after weeks of development, the even wins are no where near as dominant as they were on the k8 this year or its two prior years running.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 02:59 PM
No Crying Allowed

It's the new rules they were trying to make things a little closer and I think it's working. Why do you think Matt was so pissed at the new rules, he knew his advantage would be a little less.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
It's the new rules they were trying to make things a little closer and I think it's working. Why do you think Matt was so pissed at the new rules, he knew his advantage would be a little less.
i dont think thats what it is bc they were running the 08 model under the same rules in the begining of the season and were destroying everyone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 05:13 PM
No Crying Allowed

Then it's most likely just a setup issue with the new bike, give them a little time to get it sorted then I would guess.....

I haven't watched much AMA because of all the crap they pulled to be honest.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Then it's most likely just a setup issue with the new bike, give them a little time to get it sorted then I would guess.....

I haven't watched much AMA because of all the crap they pulled to be honest.
i think this is there 3rd race weekend with it and theyve had 2 tests with it... i think they should have it down by now, i just think suzuki f**ed up lol

post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 10:50 PM

Too early to say the fat lady has sung...
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1lover View Post
i haven't watched much ama because of all the crap they pulled to be honest.

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Too early to say the fat lady has sung...
tru but its getting close

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:10 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I don't know about the race bike Matt is riding, but I sat on one in the dealership and Hated the damn thing! F*cking cheap ass plastic on the side of the tank turned me off to the bike. It felt like my knee would break the cover long before I could get any track time on it..Maybe if somebody offered a durable carbon fiber piece to replace them with, but right now the damn things feel like cheapies...

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:21 PM
7c Forever

I really get the feeling that every race Mat wins, it gets harder for his bike to pass tech, and easier for everyone elses to.

Basicly they set out with the express purpose of destroying him, and as yet, they've failed to do so. They're gonna look like real assholes if he wins the title even tho they made every effort to take it from him. Frankly, I hope he does it and then fucks off to WSBK or wherever else, but I can't think of a better way to deliver a giant middle finger to DMG's doorstep than Mat taking the title.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:06 PM
No Crying Allowed

I just watched the race from today.... it's much better racing then I have seen in years from the AMA... I will give them that for sure. Matt is having a hard time keeping up for sure... if the rest of the season goes this way he will not be winning the title this year.

It's so nice to see 5-10 bikes fighting for the lead from all manufactures.... rather then two of the same brand 25 seconds ahead of the rest. no matter what the AMA did in the off season to piss everyone off (myself included) it has made racing - racing again... and that's what we all want to see.

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 AM
7c Forever

not me. I wanted to see the best team win, not the best team stifled with limitations and being told they wouldn't pass tech if they kept winning.

I saw Colin Fraser this weekend, guy is still a douche, made some seriously bogus calls up here. Like running half the SV650 cup race with debris in the middle of a 100mph corner and not throwing a yellow or even a debris flag.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
I just watched the race from today.... it's much better racing then I have seen in years from the AMA... I will give them that for sure. Matt is having a hard time keeping up for sure... if the rest of the season goes this way he will not be winning the title this year.
6 rounds to go and he's ahead 390 to 264, having won 10 of 14 rounds. 6 rounds to go and it's close to being mathematically over. I don't think he's worrying.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:34 AM

Keep in mind that the only place in the world the GSXR has "destroyed everyone" is the US.... and that was with Spies and Mladin. Put those two on a different brand (except maybe Kaw) for the past five years and the results would be the same just not a GSXR anymore.

My point being: the GSXR was never a very dominant machine unless the AMA superbike was the only race series you watched.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiedaugherty View Post
Keep in mind that the only place in the world the GSXR has "destroyed everyone" is the US.... and that was with Spies and Mladin. Put those two on a different brand (except maybe Kaw) for the past five years and the results would be the same just not a GSXR anymore.

My point being: the GSXR was never a very dominant machine unless the AMA superbike was the only race series you watched.
I'm with ya.

My observations of the GSXR is that with the proper professional team it's damned near unstoppable. See Diablo Suzuki here in Canada, Yosh Suzuki in the US, Alstare Suzuki in WSBK. With the right rider, the right testing and a team that tests and prepares in a professional manner, the bike is able to dominate on a wiiiiiiide variety of tracks and conditions.

By professional I mean, "lets look at the telemetry and see what it needs." Not the Honda USA type "well drain some oil out of the forks, that'll solve it." approach. Or the Yamaha "well that supertrick WSBK part will solve all our problems!!!!" approach.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

this is true but its always been dominant in mladins hands and he is clearly struggling

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 AM
7c Forever

I don't think 1 bad weekend constitutes struggling.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:47 AM
No Crying Allowed

I think he has had a few now no?

I have only seen two races and he was sucking in both.. laguna and mid ohio.

I had no clue he was that far ahead in points either WOW!

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM
7c Forever

well if getting second constitutes a bad weekend then ya there's been 2.

I really think he just doesn't care anymore tho, he can basicly ride around in 15th and still get the title, it'll cost him some win bonus money I guess tho. It really wouldn't surprise me if it was his form of protest tho.

He has said over the year tho that he's not gonna push at dangerous tracks, and that he's not going to encourage anyone else to either, Blake in particular.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
well if getting second constitutes a bad weekend then ya there's been 2.

I really think he just doesn't care anymore tho, he can basicly ride around in 15th and still get the title, it'll cost him some win bonus money I guess tho. It really wouldn't surprise me if it was his form of protest tho.

He has said over the year tho that he's not gonna push at dangerous tracks, and that he's not going to encourage anyone else to either, Blake in particular.
well id say it is bc hes made it clear that his goal is to bag as many race wins as possible and now hes lost 3 races 2 to hayes and 1 to the Duc, yea he may have been on the podium for some but lets face it you dont go from winning by over 5 secs on last years bike to barely winning or not winning at all over night especially when its at tracks youve dominated for the past several years, and nothing changed except the machinery which just happens to be new from the ground up...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode