Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Legendary Races

I looked around real quick and didn't see a similar thread, so here goes:

If you made a list of the best/most entertaining motorcycle races in history - MotoGP, WSBK, Etc, what would you include? If someone was just getting into watching motorcycle racing, what races would you recommend?

A few off the top of my head:

MotoGP Laguna Seca 2008 - Rossi and Stoner
MotoGP 500cc Brno 1996 - photo finish
MotoGP Jerez 2005 - Rossi and Sete
MotoGP 250cc Mugello 2009 - dicing in the rain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:08 PM
No Crying Allowed

This will be a great thread... my goal will be to find all these races and upload them as well... (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh) lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:36 AM
250 cc pilota.

WSS Assen 2008 was insane.
Also a lot of the early 90s with Schwantz, Rainey, Doohan et al.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
This will be a great thread... my goal will be to find all these races and upload them as well... (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh) lol
I've got all the ones I listed if you want them.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 AM
7c Forever

500gp Rio '99
990gp Estoril '06
500gp Suzuka '94
500gp Suzuka '96

ANYTHING from the Hungaroring, goddamn I miss that track. Unsafe and wild but there was something really magical about watching the 500's jump the chicane and fire off down thru the wooded section at approximatly mach 4 with the sun streaming thru the trees.

500gp saxonring '02 was pretty good.
500gp Jarama '93 is one to watch too, kind of a "this is what racing is like when Rainey and Mick aren't around and Kevin needs the points." show, demonstrates just how damned close the rest of the field was.

As far as watching the Rainey and Scwantz show, it was good and I grew up to it, but anyone who watched the Mat&Ben show really has already seen better action.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
I started a thread like this about a year or so ago and got some great responses - I'll see if I can find it and post it up as there's some really great suggestions in there.

Got it:-

Classic Race Thread

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 07-20-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

post the races....

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
I got some DVD's from Duke Video awhile back.
1. 'MOTOGP HEAD TO HEAD - THE GREAT BATTLES DVD'
2. 'Best Bike GPs of the Decade DVD' egSchwantz, Rainey, Lawson, Gardner, Doohan etc)

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 07:51 PM

the 90's had some great WSBK races... WSBK was becoming the better show from nearly the very beginning of that series. 90-93 might have been Gp's... but when Schwantz retired.. Mick didn't have too much competition... Crivilles tried, but the Assie pwn his ars just about anytime he wanted. And that was nearly every race.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode