Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Rivals forget old wounds in battle...

http://londonbikers.com/galleries/im...donington-park

Very cool shot. Specially after Foggy swore to never speak to Chilli again because of the 1996 Assen round.

Those guys are certainly missed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 11:40 PM
No Crying Allowed

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
That's good to see, considering that Foggy would have had Chilli's liver sauteed with a nice salad and a drop of red in the early days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

No kiddin man... Foggy was mean... but that made his greatness.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:36 PM

I used to love watching Foggy race the Ducati in the Superbike class. The guy just loved winning and working for it as well.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:54 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
No kiddin man... Foggy was mean... but that made his greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
The guy just loved winning and working for it as well.
to both of those, just about the only guy out there that I got the impression that he didn't even like motorcycles or racing, he just loved to win/hated to lose.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Foogy was awesome - loved watchin him race. He didn't care what you thought about him and spoke his mind regardless of the consequences; so long as you're winning who's gonna bitch? I remember a podium ceremony where Colin Edwards forgot to remove his hat during the playing of God Save The Queen and when Foggy found out afterwards he said he would have 'knocked it off his f**kin' head' if he'd noticed.

LOL!

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
7c Forever

I imagine we'll feel the same about Mladin when he's gone.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Not me...
Foggy was winning World Championships before he even went to WSBK (the Formula 1 for bikes in the late 1980's) he competed at 4 or 5GPs as a sub and had close to top 5 finishes on unfamiliar machinery, he had the lap record at the Isle of Man TT for 7 years and was a 4 X WORLD champ in WSBK with 59 wins and 109 podiums; even more than Troy Bayliss - there's no comparison in my opinion.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 07-25-2009 at 09:55 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:04 AM
250 cc pilota.

Foggy was an ass and I enjoyed seeing his Foggy Petronas Team fail.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:32 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Foggy was an ass and I enjoyed seeing his Foggy Petronas Team fail.
I gotta admit I did kinda enjoy that too.

Shame he spoiled McCoys career too.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 12:27 PM

The Patronus failure really surprised me. With all the backing that was possible form the Oil Giant, WTF went wrong. Poor choice of people for the team and research? Really surprised me. I didn't follow it that much to be honest. So if someone can give me and insight to what killed it.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 12:30 PM
7c Forever

they threw scientists rather than race engineers at it. It's something that I learned a lot from personally.

That bike had the most outright power of any of them on the grid, but much like the cube, it was just a bike that had tons of top end and nothing in the midrange, impossible to short shift, and suspension that once you lift, the weight transfers off it and it's gone, there's no recovering.

Has to be ridden at 100% and therefor is impossible to ride around a problem or condition or other person on the track.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Interesting.
I'm surprised to see you say you were kinda happy to see the Fogy Petronas team fail though Jr. I mean I figured Foggy was exactly the kind of rider and person you always root for - straight ahead, no bullshit, not media friendly and couldn't care less, only out for one thing - win at all costs - and damn the consequences.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 04:12 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Interesting.
I'm surprised to see you say you were kinda happy to see the Fogy Petronas team fail though Jr. I mean I figured Foggy was exactly the kind of rider and person you always root for - straight ahead, no bullshit, not media friendly and couldn't care less, only out for one thing - win at all costs - and damn the consequences.
I did/do like the guy.

But I also really like to see loudmouths get smashed. So that's twice he's come thru for me, I think I owe him a couple of beers.

I think his overt "English is best." put me off a fair bit too. I mean the guy bitched that Daytona was "too dangerous." and proceded directly to the IOM.

one of those guys that I hate to love and love to hate.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 06:27 PM

Hey I think I know why he said that Daytona wasn't safe. It was full of Americans
Then again the IOM has bloody Germans everywhere
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I mean the guy bitched that Daytona was "too dangerous." and proceded directly to the IOM.
You've got your time lines mixed up Jr.
Foggy was at the IOM in the mid eighties!! He didn't race Daytona until he was racing WSBK in the 90's.

Superstar and super-hero to his fans, Carl Fogartys TT exploits began in the mid-Eighties. He was the winner of the 1985 Lightweight Newcomers Manx Grand Prix and went on to win three TT races. The first was the 1989 Production 750 Race and he collected the 1990 Formula 1 and Senior trophies. He had an epic battle with Steve Hislop in 1992, thrilling the crowds in a Yamaha/Norton duel to the finish. Although Hislop won by four seconds Fogarty, on his Yamaha, wasnt hanging around - he set a new outright record at 123.61 mph on the last, nail-biting lap! This record stood for seven years until 1999. His exploits in the World Superbike series have been well catalogued and he has won an unprecedented four titles.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 11:45 PM
7c Forever

ya could be. I was very young at the time. I remember that BIIIIIIG blowout between him and Scotty Russel tho. Which is probably the real reason I don't hero worship him, I was a big Chief fan at the time. To an 8 year old kid, a guy that wears a full indian headdress in pit lane and unabashadly rides a bike with dayglo colours is pretty cool.

Actually I still use Muzzy as a touchstone with most bike stuff. "shit I've got a problem here.... WWRMD?" either him or Paps Yosh.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode