Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Gang Green

Schumi returns

With Massa out for most likely the rest of the season, maybe forever, Michael Schumacher is coming out of retirement to drive the Ferarri for the rest of the season.

This should be interesting. He hasn't raced an F1 car since 2006, he's done a bit of testing but mostly been on a bike since then.

Schumacher WILL make F1 return in Spain | F1 News | 2009 | Crash.Net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Well, what does he really have to lose? I'm sure he will get paid handsomely.
If he wins or places well he'll just cememt his reputation as an F1 living legend and if he doesn't he just shrugs his shoulders and says 'What did you expect, I haven't raced in 3 years and I'm 40 years old..."
It's a no lose situation.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
I can't see him doing bad at all. I reckon he will slip right back into the groove and I hope Schuey does well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:43 AM
7c Forever

when was the last time Ferrari won a race?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 PM

Not for awhile and I'm not sure when either. Be as funny as hell if Schuey cracks a win for them.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 01:25 PM
7c Forever

funny, but highly unlikely. This is F1.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:02 AM

If he can earn constructor points for them, then anything else is a given. No offense to anyone elses opinions but I really would like to see him back in a Ferrari, get podiums and stick it up the nose of all the nay sayers. Oh well, time will soon tell.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:48 AM
7c Forever

I'm a Schumi fan, to be sure. And I'd like to see him win and beat up the "young blood" divas, but it's F1 man, if you're not in the best car for the track, maaaaaybe the second best, you're FUBAR.

Evidenced fairly cleary I think by how bad Button sucked for how many years and then mysteriosly and overnight starts winning everything.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I'm a Schumi fan, to be sure. And I'd like to see him win and beat up the "young blood" divas, but it's F1 man, if you're not in the best car for the track, maaaaaybe the second best, you're FUBAR.

Evidenced fairly cleary I think by how bad Button sucked for how many years and then mysteriosly and overnight starts winning everything.
I'm gunna be watching mate. lets just not find out that all of a sudden Ferrari start stomping other cars with Schuey at the wheel. Could be very embarrassing for the current Ferrari jockeys indeed.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Gang Green

He certainly does have something to lose here. He retired a 7 time champ, still in his prime. If he struggles people won't care that he is 40 now and hasn't raced a F1 car in 3 years, they will just say he isn't as good as the current drivers.

I certainly had my issues with Schumacher when he was driving, he fights dirty, but it's still cool to see him back.

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 07:49 AM

Its definitely going to be a wait and see type of event/s. Going to be an interesting rundown to the end of the season along with spectator attendance levels which I'm sure will get a boost with Schuey playing with the Ferrari's toys.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Gang Green

Yea attendance in spain will be interesting. With renault being banned for 1 race, that means all the fans who bought tickets to see Alonso might not show up or buy tickets in the first place. Schumacher will offset some of that to be sure.

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 AM

Actually that's a very good point, as I'd completely forgotten about that. It will certainly help offset pissed off fans who don't think they will get their money's worth.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Abusin' the scooter

I was never a Schumi fan - I think he was a c**t to be honest, fought dirty and tried every trick in the book to get a W but his return will certainly raise some eyebrows and generate some speculation - at least for the first race.
I still think it's a no lose situation for him though; coming in at the last minute as a replacement for an injured driver is tough enough that i doubt people will judge him too severely if he fails to deliver much.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
I was never a Schumi fan - I think he was a c**t to be honest, fought dirty and tried every trick in the book to get a W
ya not like Rossi would ever resort to that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Abusin' the scooter

How did I know that would be your response?
On the flip side of the coin - how can you be fan of Schumacher for doing exactly what you claim to hate so much about Rossi?

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 06:14 PM
7c Forever

I guess just the attitude he had about it.

I don't mind Chad Reed either even tho he blatantly and deliberatly tried to run Bubba off track. Just one of those "had to do what you had to do." moments.

But then again he didn't write a book about how nomatter what he does "this is the way it will be in motorcycling until the end of time."

I also like Schumi because he's about the last guy on earth that I can hold up against the Rossibots and say "oh ya? well he kicked even more ass."

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Oh Really??
Well let's look at that statement...

Schumi - World Titles - 7
Rossi - World titles - 8 (and a very good chance this year will be his 9th)

Schumi - First F1 win aged - 23
Rossi - First GP win aged - 17

Schumi - Total F1 starts - 249
Rossi - Total GP starts - 220

Schumi - Total podiums - 154
Rossi - Total podiums - 159 (from less starts)

Schumi - Total wins - 91
Rossi - Total wins - 101 (from less starts)

Schumi - pole positions - 68 (26% ratio to starts)
Rossi - pole positions - 55 (25% ratio to starts)

Schumi - fastest laps - 76
Rossi - fastest laps - 80

So let's see - Schumi started more races than Rossi but won less both in total and as a percentage of starts.
He had less fastest laps.
He had less podiums and less wins.
Although he had a 1% better (to date) ratio of pole positions to starts he has won less World titles - so how exactly did he 'kick more ass' in any quantifiable way??

Answer - he didn't, but your 'I hate everything about Rossi' opinions won't let you concede the fact that not only has Rossi already owned Schumi in every racing related comparison worth arguing about - but Rossi isn't even done yet....

C'mon Jr - if you're gonna make statements like that at least get your facts straight and stop being so damn hypocritical about it all. It's OK for Chad Reed to run Bubba off the track and for Schumi to play dirty pool whenever things aren't going his way but when Rossi is doing it you're fit to be tied and calling him a dirty racer. Why not just admit that you don't like him because you just don't like him and stop trying to justify your dislike with transparent arguments that cannot stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

No offense intended man, cos for the most part you know I value your opinions - it's just that it's getting a little old is all...

Last edited by Yamahuh; 08-02-2009 at 06:47 AM.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:56 AM
7c Forever

you're using stats from the kiddy classes for Rossi and not for Schumi is the difference.

Seriously tho, I've outright admitted on several occasions that I don't like him plane and simply because I don't. He could win every race from now until the end of time and I'd still think he's an fake, transparent asshole. But none of that changes the fact that as of right now, his top class stats are better than Schumi, by end of season I may have to resort to "well he's still an asshole" tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 11:34 AM
No Crying Allowed

Jr just hates Rossi..... always has and always will.... probably because of the fact that so many people are Rossi fans...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode