Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

MotoGP Brno **Spoilers**

So the action resumes at Brno this weekend. The big news is that Stoner apparently is out for the upcoming three races due to pshygological issues according to some sources.

This is what MCN has on their web page.

Former world champion Casey Stoner will miss at least the next three MotoGP races with the on-going health issues that have dogged the factory Ducati rider in recent weeks.

An official announcement due to be released later today by Ducati is expected to confirm that the 23-year-old will definitely miss this weekendís Czech Republic GP in Brno. But MCN sources in Australia have confirmed Stoner will miss the Brno, Indianapolis and Misano races.

Stoner has struggled since the Catalunya GP with chronic fatigue but the precise cause of his physical problems remained a mystery after he underwent extensive tests in California immediately after the American GP at Laguna Seca in July.
Details of further medical tests Stoner underwent during the summer break in Australia have not yet been released.

His shock withdrawal kills off his world title aspirations and leaves what was a thrilling world championship fight now effectively a two-horse race between Fiat Yamaha duo Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo.

Stoner won the opening race of the season in Qatar and further boosted his title credentials when he won the Italian GP in Mugello for Ducati, ending Rossiís golden run on home soil. But since that race, Stonerís health has suffered, and as a consequence so has his results.

He hadnít claimed a podium in the previous three races and his title hopes took a massive dent at the recent British GP when he opted to run wet tyres in what was a curious gamble.

Ducati is not expecting the 2007 world champion, who has been the lynchpin behind Ducatiís MotoGP assault, to be back until the Estoril GP in Portugal next month.

Finnish rider Mika Kallio will be promoted from the Pramac satellite team to race next to American Nicky Hayden in Brno this weekend. And factory World Superbike rider Michel Fabrizio will fill Kallioís GP9 slot next to rookie Niccolo Canepa.

Great to see Kallio against Hayden and Fabrizio back in MotoGP.

O by the way, Rossi will win and Lorenzo will be second.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Update

Livio Suppo has now confirmed Stoner's withdrawal for at least three races to Spanish national broadcaster RTVE. Speaking on the phone to RTVE, Suppo said "He is not well, and the best thing to do is to stop." Suppo emphasized that Stoner did not take this decision lightly. "This has been a very difficult decision which we have taken together with all the team. We're very upset, but it's the best thing for Casey," Suppo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Gang Green

Confirmed, Kallio to replace Stoner for the three races. Fabrizio to replace Kallio at least for the two races that don't conflict with WSBK, not sure about the third race.

Wonder if Stoner will ever be back?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Well whatever is effecting Stoner, I hope he beats it and comes back in form again. Guess I'll be watching the back markers battle it out for the rest of the season.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 12:18 PM
7c Forever

Congrats to Mika but I'm truly worried about Casey. I really think Nick better watch his ass tho, Kallio might well land in that seat.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM

I saw the Spanish media rumors about Stoner having psychological issues. But I dismissed it as rubbish... I'll wait for an official report before spreading that mess. That's just not right. And if it turns out to be so, please don't credit Rossi with that shit as if he's a damn Jedi...

I wish Casey the best... this is the worst thing that could have happened to GP this year... As much as I hate Dani, I hope he is back in form to bring it to the Yamaha team, or this is going to be as fun to watch as Mlading and Spies were a few years back...

In an effort to make the next race interesting... I think J-Lo will finally get it done. He has to or Rossi will be credited with using the force yet again...
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
I saw the Spanish media rumors about Stoner having psychological issues. But I dismissed it as rubbish... I'll wait for an official report before spreading that mess. That's just not right. And if it turns out to be so, please don't credit Rossi with that shit as if he's a damn Jedi...
Only a matter of time until people start doing so.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Here's a question: What do you think of him withdrawing?
Everyone has been talking about how it will affect the champeenship and how Nicky had best step up his game etc but what do you guys think about him actually withdrawing from the next 3 races (possibly more)?
Quite honestly I think it's a bit of a pussy move. I mean I've seen riders compete with injuries that meant they had to be almost carried off the bike (Mick D) and could barely walk (Jorge last year), I've seen riders compete when they've been ill or busted up or emotionally devastated due to the loss of a team mate (Sete) or a family member. But you know what? THEY KEEP RACING! I think it's the mark of a true champion that you just keep slogging it out, no matter what.

Not only has he thrown away ANY chance that Ducati had of winning the title - and this IS racing so as far as I'm concerned they were still in the hunt, Rossi could crash, hell he just put it in the dirt this weekend, we all know Lorenzo is only one high side away from injured again - but he's shown himself to be weak and quite honestly - again i.m.o - a bit of a prima donna. I've never heard of a racer voluntarily withdrawing from a championship due to 'health issues' especially when he was sitting in a decent overall position. Unless I'm wrong this is unprecedented, very disappointing and it has GOT to be forcing Ducati to question whether he is still the right rider for the team.
He can't beat Rossi consistently and is being forced to actually RACE for wins or podium spots and all of a sudden he develops a mystery illness that he can blame his results on?

I would give him more credit if he dogged it out, put his nose to the grindstone and came home 12th in every race than I give him for this.

Like I said b4 this is a pussy move regardless of how 'ill' he is.

ďItís really hard to take an angry man seriously when heís wearing a bathrobe.Ē - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 08-15-2009 at 06:45 PM.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 07:15 PM
7c Forever

Schwantz withdrew for health reasons, as did Spencer. It's far from unprecedented.

Is it a pussy move? fuck I dunno, I think he was out of the title and racing around for second or 3rd place is abit of a moot point, time to worry about next year.

Reality is, nomatter what he does, you're not gonna approve because he mushroom slapped the shit out of your hero.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Abusin' the scooter

OK - you got me there, I completely forgot about Schwantz and Fat Freddie (although Freddie retired before the season not part way through it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Reality is, nomatter what he does, you're not gonna approve because he mushroom slapped the shit out of your hero.
I'm a bit offended by that remark Jr. I'm not the guy who can't appreciate a well earned win by someone other than Rossi. You don't hear me coming on here making excuses for him when Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Stacey or anyone else wins for that matter. I like to think that I maintain my perspective and call it as I see 'em. I DO think that Rossi is the most naturally talented rider in the field - as I've said before - but I take my hat off to anyone who can win a race regardless. Hell I even commented on Edwards' podium and gave him kudos for a job well done and you ALL know I can't stand him. The fact that Moaner mushroom slapped(?) him has absolutely zero bearing on my opinion regarding his withdrawal from the championship.

ďItís really hard to take an angry man seriously when heís wearing a bathrobe.Ē - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 08-15-2009 at 08:20 PM.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 12:05 AM

Rossi is one of those rare few riders that always seems to be able to pull something extra out of the bag when the occasion arises or just that higher skill set factor, just like Mick Doohan, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson, Kevin (how the fack did he do that?) Schwantz, to name some off the top of my head.. Plus Rossi has one other thing on his side..LUCK. The moves he pulls on the track has definitely got some luck involved there, amongst the skill set and talent. As for Casey pulling out. It must be really bad for him to have to leave some races. Apart from the fact he is an Aussy and I want to see his bum arse back on the Ducati asap.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 02:17 AM
7c Forever

Yamahuh, yea Freddie caved before the season but it was a major mess either way. I never knew him when he was good, by the time I was watching (or born, for that matter) all he was doing was a long and painfull series of failed "comebacks."

As far as the other thing, I didn't mean to offend, and what you say may well be true. However I can't help but connect the lines between your opinions of Rossi and Casey and the fact that Casey managed to beat Rossi by what equates to more than 5 wins in a single season.... so basicly he Valentino'd Valentino.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 02:25 AM
7c Forever

125cc SPOILERS BELOW

Spoiler:

11 laps to go, Nico Terrol leads Simon by 2 tenths or so.

Iannone 3rd, right on Simon's ass, about 6 seconds back to a second group, the front 3 are long gone. As this stands Simon will have 174 points to Terrols 119.5

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 02:47 AM
7c Forever

that was the finishing order, Altho the gap from 2-3 fell off.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 03:29 AM
7c Forever

Spoiler:

250's rolling, man oh man, I gotta take Bauti to a drag strip for an afternoon and show the poor kid how to launch a bike.

1.Simoncelli
2.Barbera
3.Pasini
4.Aoyama
5. Bauti

As of lap 5/20

Bauti was in 9th into turn 1, guy is suffering from Mat Mladin syndrom.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 04:02 AM
7c Forever

Spoiler:

Final result
1.Simoncelli
2.Pasini
3.Bauti
4.Aoyama
5.Locatelli (Robby actually led a lap, mondo impressive for a 35 year old methinks.)

lmfao, Bauti totalled his bike losing a wheely on his cool down lap, Cluzel gave him a lift back to the pit.

Can just imagine explaining that to the boss, LOL. "Where's the bike? did you run out of gas?" "errrrr, well no, not exactly...."

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 08-16-2009 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Spoiler:

Final result
1.Simoncelli
2.Pasini
3.Bauti
4.Aoyama
5.Locatelli (Robby actually led a lap, mondo impressive for a 35 year old methinks.)

lmfao, Bauti totalled his bike losing a wheely on his cool down lap, Cluzel gave him a lift back to the pit.

Can just imagine explaining that to the boss, LOL. "Where's the bike? did you run out of gas?" "errrrr, well no, not exactly...."
I don't know what happened the bike just flipped..!?

Tean Boss: Yeah fooking right it was..!!!!

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
I can't help but connect the lines between your opinions of Rossi and Casey and the fact that Casey managed to beat Rossi by what equates to more than 5 wins in a single season.... so basicly he Valentino'd Valentino.

Absolutely nothing to do with it my friend - honestly.
More power to him I say. Hell Hayden beat Valentino while only winning two races as so many people like to point out and I've supported Nicky and argued his case for years. I mean if i was that much of a ballswinger which would piss me off most? Him losing the title to a guy who barely won any races or to a guy who dominated the season? Sorry man but him beating Rossi has zero bearing on my opinion of him withdrawing.

My wife likes to read between the lines too and the conclusions she reaches are usually way off base as well. Sometimes there are just no lines to draw or hidden reasons for an opinion...

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 05:23 AM
I dont inhale

wow race almost half way done, the top 2 are battling, several laps in the 156's 3rd place all laps in the 157, everyone else not one lap in a 157!!!!!!!

post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 05:37 AM
Gang Green

Lorenzo just passed Rossi, then crashed a lap later.
Rossi has 10+ seconds on Pedro.

Nicky caught and passed Edwards for 7th, now 6th. Kallio 8th

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode