Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Stoner OUT for 3 Races!! OR for GOOD?

I guess it wasn't all in his head, bless his cotton socks...I really hope Hayden isn't going to get humiliated by Kallio.

Stoner out of action for three races, Kallio to join Hayden in Ducati Marlboro team
Monday, 10 August 2009

Casey Stoner will not take part in the next three Grands Prix, and will next return to action at the beginning of October for the Grand Prix of Portugal.

The Australian has suffered physical problems since the Catalunya GP, which have caused him severe fatigue during the last five races. Stoner took this difficult decision after having consulted with sports doctors who have looked after him for many years back home in Australia. At this challenging time, he has the full support of the team and the whole of Ducati who together with Stoner have enjoyed racing at the top of the sport for the last three seasons.

Mika Kallio will join Nicky Hayden in the Ducati Marlboro Team for the next three races, thanks to the great spirit of collaboration between Ducati and the satellite team owned by Paolo Campinoti. Kallio is in his debut season in MotoGP and has already proved to be very competitive on the GP9. For the Brno race, his place in the Pramac Team will be taken by Michel Fabrizio.

CASEY STONER, Ducati Marlboro Team (3rd in the championship on 150 points)
“After five extremely difficult races due to my health, I returned to Australia to visit the sports doctors who have looked after me for many years. We have taken the difficult decision not to contest the next three rounds of the championship, to allow my body time to recover from the recent stress. The doctors believe that during the Barcelona race I was suffering from a virus, and, that I subsequently pushed my body too hard, leading to problems that have caused my fatigue since then. The doctors are continuing with many tests to try to understand these problems and make sure it does not happen again. I have spoken with Ducati and thank them for their understanding at this time. I feel very sorry for the factory, my team, my sponsors and the fans and I am also disappointed because the bike in the last races has been very competitive. I will be doing everything possible to come back at full strength for Portugal.

NICKY HAYDEN, Ducati Marlboro Team (13th in the championship on 47 points)
“Last season I was unable to race at Brno because I was injured, but it’s a great track which was completely resurfaced last year so I expect it will be much better in terms of the lumps and bumps. At least this year I will find out, having spent the break at home in Kentucky preparing myself for the second half of the year, and not taking part in things like the “X Games”! I can’t wait to get back on track and score some results which will make my team happy. I hope Casey can get better over the next few weeks because we all know how quick he is when he is fit. In the meantime I need to try to make progress with the team and try to make sure that they don’t miss him too much.”

MIKA KALLIO, (15th in the championship on 34 points)
“When I took the call I could hardly believe it, but then I talked to my manager and I realised it was true. I am proud to be racing the next three events with the Ducati Marlboro Team. Obviously I’m not expecting to suddenly be a second quicker, because our bikes are very similar to the official machines, but I hope to be able to pick up some good results for the team. I would particularly like to thank Paolo Campinoti, who has allowed me to enjoy this incredible opportunity. It will be a real honour for me. Nonetheless I would like to send my best wishes to Casey, and I hope to see him back out on track as soon as possible.”

LIVIO SUPPO, MotoGP Project Director
“It’s obviously difficult for us to contemplate the next three races without Casey, but it’s clear that the most important thing at this time is his health. Since his debut with us in Qatar in 2007, Casey has won 18 times as well as taking countless podium finishes, becoming one of the top riders in the World Championship in the process. We have already overcome tough times together, like when he had to undergo surgery on his scaphoid towards the end of last season. We are united whether in times of success or in times of difficulty. We are confident that the doctors will help solve the issues that have affected him since early June and that Casey will be able to take part in the last races of the year in peak fitness. Then we can prepare for 2010 in the best way possible. A big thank you to Paolo Campinoti who as always has proved to be a great supporter and an ideal partner for Ducati, allowing Mika to ride with the Ducati Marlboro Team for the next three races. Mika is having a really positive debut year in MotoGP and we are delighted that he will be alongside Nicky in the official works team. In his place at Brno in the Pramac Team will be Michel Fabrizio, who I am certain will know how to give the right kind of performance on one of his preferred tracks.”

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Probably best. I've been watching all season and he has looked like shit. With that being said.........I have to say that he has done extremely well considering.......

I give the guy props for continuing to race as long as he did with as sick as he was.
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 11:36 PM
No Crying Allowed

It's all in his head...... I don't think he can handle the pressure of not being #1.

If I was him I would be on cloud 9 with his wife and start making some babies

Pony up Casey, have a beer and relax.... start having fun again and don't be stressing out. Stress will kill you!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 12:13 AM
250 cc pilota.

He seems not to able to relax. He is always tense when you see him in the garage during race weekends. Seems like he is putting a lot of pressure on himself.

post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Well if that's the case..........give me the damn Duc and let me race. I garuntee I will have fun.

Spoiler:
I won't gain any POINTS for the team, but I'll have fun.
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
He seems not to able to relax. He is always tense when you see him in the garage during race weekends. Seems like he is putting a lot of pressure on himself.
I've notice that of late... but I don't recall that always being his demeanor before, aside from being a big open like Matt about what he don't like.
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
I've notice that of late... but I don't recall that always being his demeanor before, aside from being a big open like Matt about what he don't like.
Huh?
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Huh?
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

this really sucks, but hopefully he comes back early and in good shape

post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Either you meant a different Matt or you WERE talkin about me and now holding back on the joke. lol

What's up wit' dat'?
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM
7c Forever

I think it's fairly universal that when someone is talking about "Matt" in motorcycle racing context, they're talking about Mat Mladin.

People still like to spell his name with 2 t's tho, dunno why.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I think it's fairly universal that when someone is talking about "Matt" in motorcycle racing context, they're talking about Mat Mladin.

People still like to spell his name with 2 t's tho, dunno why.
I was thinking he might of meant MAT but wasn't sure.
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 PM

Woah!!!!

MOTOGP BRNO: HAS STONER SPLIT WITH DUCATI? BikeSport News

Quote:
Rumours currently hurtling around the Brno MotoGP paddock state that Casey Stoner has split with the Marlboro Ducati team and the three-race withdrawal on medical grounds may be a smokescreen for the rift.

Stoner has been sidelined for this weekend, and a further two rounds, so he can get his medical situation sorted out but scuttlebutt of the paddock reckons there has been some kind of bust-up about his training regime over the season so far.

More when we get it.
The 1st thing that came to my mind... considering how messed up he's been looking of late is a possible drug addiction. Maybe anxiety or depression... shit who knows... but Mikka might just end up on the Factory team for sure if this is true.
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM
7c Forever

Doesn't strike me as the personality type to fall into a drug addiction. I think a psychological problem is far more likely.

It also could be exactly what it's said to be.

And if it IS a split between Casey and Duke, I'd bet hard dollars that Hayden getting so much support while Casey's bike isn't being developed and the Yamahas run away with the constructors championship is the bone of contention.

If it's the case I'd also say that Jorge is gone and that it's a scrap between Dani and Casey for that Yamaha, possible that this is why Spies isn't confirmed yet to tech3.

This is an awfully convoluted silly season. I wish Jorge would just pick a fucking seat so the rest of the cards could fall into place.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
That's weird.
If it's true, he's not gonna get picked up by anyone for the rest of the season and it will REALLY shake up the teams for next season. I find it hard to believe that a guy whose only job is racing and preparing to race motorbikes and who has top notch medical resources on hand can have been sick for this long without any improvement in his situation.

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:06 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
I find it hard to believe that a guy whose only job is racing and preparing to race motorbikes and who has top notch medical resources on hand can have been sick for this long without any improvement in his situation.
It's gotta be something awfully bad, that's for sure.

It strikes me as more likely than a drug addiction tho. Casey's just not the type to have a drug problem, at the very least not the type of drugs that would have this kinda side effect.

You're dead nuts on tho that it'll shake up the teams for next season. Unfortunatly I think the letters of intent are mostly out there already, would make it very difficult to work him in somewhere. I think there'd be manufacturers ready to burn bridges to make it happen tho, or supply an extra bike.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 AM
250 cc pilota.

Apparently Bautista is to be confirmed at Suzuki today, to ride along side Capirossi.
This means that Barbera gets the Aspar Ducati seat.

post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 01:33 AM
7c Forever

I can't believe Bautista did that, f00000k me. Career suicide!!!

DON'T DO IT BAUTI!!! YOU'RE A YOUNG MAN WITH LOTS TO LIVE FOR!!!

I honestly think that that kid has what it takes to be top class champ, but going to Suzuki it's all over before it even begins.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:28 AM

Not where I wanted to hear Bautista to end up... but oh well. Suzuki needs a new direction. Lets hope the kid and whoever he brings along can provide it.

So what about Simoncelli?

I guess Toseland and Vermuelen seem to be as good as gone...
Ya'll think Colin and Nicky could loose their seats?

Last edited by racerraul; 08-13-2009 at 03:31 AM.
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:34 AM
7c Forever

Simoncelli is already signed with Gresini Honda no?

Meaning Elias needs to put in another win rfq.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode