Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Gang Green

Ducati signs Hayden for 2010

DUCATI CONFIRM NICKY HAYDEN FOR 2010 IN THE DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM

Ducati Corse is hereby pleased to announce that Nicky Hayden will sign a one year extension to his current agreement and will line up alongside Casey Stoner in the Ducati Marlboro Team for 2010.

"The confirmation of Nicky is the right reward to a rider who has shown to perfectly embody the frame of mind that characterizes Ducati - Passion, Determination and Commitment." said Claudio Domenicali, Ducati Motor Holding General Manager. "We have always considered Nicky to be an important asset to the Ducati 2010 strategy and we are very happy that he will remain in the Ducati Marlboro Team. His progression through the season has been constant up to the podium in Indianapolis and we are certain that the experience he has gained will be decisive for a 2010 season full of success"

"This has been a very good week and this news just adds to that," commented Nicky Hayden. "After the good result in Indy, now to renew the deal with Ducati is exactly what I wanted. I'm very happy. I always had faith and believed that we could achieve good results. I'm excited for these last five races of the 09 season, and if you look at the progression we have made from the start of the season to the middle, hopefully we will continue this through to the end. I just wish to say a big thanks to all the guys who made this happen, especially everybody in Ducati as well as all our sponsors and I'm sure I'll be able to do a good job next year and to continue to build with, and be part of, the Ducati family".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:27 PM

The right move IMO. He's been steadily improving, and while yes it may be a while before the top riders ever take themselves out again in a race, it still remains a good possibility with the pace the 3 are setting.

And if Nicky continues to make progress, he'll be there again to capitalize on it. It's worth noting that with 5 races left, Nicky has already surpassed Melandri's achievement on the Ducati. So I think there is a good chance there may yet be more to come from him as they continue to help him get the bike where he wants it and continues to feel more confident on it.

Besides... Who really wants that ride anyways?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
The right move IMO. He's been steadily improving, and while yes it may be a while before the top riders ever take themselves out again in a race
Hey man, it happens, and when it does, Nick is always waiting in the wings.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 PM
250 cc pilota.

To be fair to Melandri he didnīt get the same supprt as Hayden has been getting. When he wanted them to change the bike to suit him Suppo told him to get a shrink and get his head straight...

Good for the Ducati US market I guess.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
7c Forever

yea Nick sells lots of bikes nomatter where he goes.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
To be fair to Melandri he didnīt get the same supprt as Hayden has been getting. When he wanted them to change the bike to suit him Suppo told him to get a shrink and get his head straight...

Good for the Ducati US market I guess.
Damn... you'd think that you would treat your countrymen with a bit more favoritism.

It's obvious that they are really trying to help Nicky along with tons of extra effort... but you gotta wonder why not with Melandri as well and why with Nicky?

As for the American market... I don't think they were hurting one bit. Carl & Polen sold a ton of 851's, 888, 916, 955, 995's and monsters over this side of the pond since way back in the 90's... no hurting for recognition over here...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 06:55 PM
No Crying Allowed

Ducati was small here in the states until the last two years, they have more then doubled their sales here and it's the primary focus at the moment and past year or more.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
Damn... you'd think that you would treat your countrymen with a bit more favoritism.

It's obvious that they are really trying to help Nicky along with tons of extra effort... but you gotta wonder why not with Melandri as well and why with Nicky?

As for the American market... I don't think they were hurting one bit. Carl & Polen sold a ton of 851's, 888, 916, 955, 995's and monsters over this side of the pond since way back in the 90's... no hurting for recognition over here...
back when melandri was there stoner had just won the title and the duc. clearly looked to be the best bike on the field and capirex wasnt doing that bad on it either so in there eyes they had a great bike and it was melandri who needed to get right... i suppose now after having to change 3 riders due to bad results in 1 season they decided to ttake a different aproach after this year got off to the same start as last year with only casey being fast...imo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode