Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Spies Re-Signs With Yamaha

Ben Spies to stay with Yamaha in 2010 and 2011
Yamaha Motor Company., Ltd and Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. are delighted to announce that an Agreement has been concluded with Ben Spies for his participation with Yamaha for 2010 and 2011. The program foresees a season in 2010 with the Yamaha World Superbike Team based in Gerno di Lesmo, Italy and a switch to Yamaha's satellite MotoGP team for 2011.
Laurens Klein Koerkamp, Racing Manager Yamaha Motor Europe said - "We got to know Ben this season in our Yamaha World Superbike Team as a very talented, professional and dedicated person whom we are thrilled to continue working with. Not only is the relationship between Ben, the team and Yamaha in general very successful but also it's a pleasure to work with him. This early agreement permits Yamaha and Ben Spies to now fully focus on their 2009 World Superbike campaign in their challenge to achieve their first World Superbike Championship titles together."

Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing said - "We are truly excited about the prospect of Ben's arrival into our future MotoGP program. Ben is doing a great job for Yamaha in his first season in the World Superbike Championship. He is in great shape to challenge for the title this year and we will be rooting for him at the remaining four events this season. Ben's primary mission is to win both his and Yamaha's first World Superbike title. After that when Ben eventually makes the move to the MotoGP championship we will be ready for him and, in line with the new MotoGP regulations, we will create a place for him within the Yamaha satellite team and give him the support he needs for his next challenge.
Ben Spies:
"I am very happy to say that I will remain a part of the Yamaha family and will continue in the WSB series for 2010. This is an exciting period of my racing career and I look forward to even more. Yamaha has been great in the warm welcome that I have received entering the world level and I want to thank them for all they have done, and giving me their trust for a next career step into MotoGP in 2011."

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
7c Forever

yup. I'm kinda surprised that he commited to GP actually. If I was him I'd take it a year at a time, the Yamaha might be shittastic by 2011.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
yup. I'm kinda surprised that he commited to GP actually. If I was him I'd take it a year at a time, the Yamaha might be shittastic by 2011.
yea but he proabably figured with the new rookie rule what difference does it make he has to goto a sat. team at least this guarantees him a seat to show what he's got with a small risk that the bike may not be competitive, not that big of a risk if you ask me

im more curious to what was going on with him today at the ring, he couldnt seem to break the top 10 not once in 2 sessions

Last edited by kid1000; 09-04-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:51 PM
7c Forever

I think you're overworrying on the ring. I'm sure it'll come thru ok. Besides, 50/50 the fucking thing blows a gearbox anyways.

hold a tick, maybe that MotoGP ride doesn't look so bad after all?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I think you're overworrying on the ring. I'm sure it'll come thru ok. Besides, 50/50 the fucking thing blows a gearbox anyways.

hold a tick, maybe that MotoGP ride doesn't look so bad after all?
lol im not worried its not my career... just thought it was strange, i was watching the live timing and he kept piting and coming back out running similar times with minimal improvement

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
7c Forever

lotsa pit ins tho eh?

I aint gonna worry too much. I think he's allowed to miss more than 2 poles in a season. Pretty sure it won't be the end of his career if he misses one here.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
R1lover, you beat me to it - I was just about to post up the exact same announcement from MotoGP.com - So the question now is what's gonna happen over at Tech3?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 PM
7c Forever

I expect Tech3 will stay with the same line-up again.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I was thinking the same thing.... same as this year for Yami all the way around.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode