Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Dani And Dovi re-sign with HRC

I guess HRC will still have Dani's evil helper in the garage tho'

HRC is delighted to confirm that Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso have re-signed for the factory Honda MotoGP team.

After the basic agreement announced by Honda Racing Corporation at Brno last month, the details of the contracts have duly been finalised and both riders have signed the agreements at Misano during the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini weekend.

Pedrosa has agreed a one-year extension to his contract which will see the 23-year-old Spaniard riding for the factory Honda squad for a fifth consecutive season. Dovizioso has signed a deal with HRC for 2010 with options to extend for 2011. With this young and talented pairing, HRC is convinced it has the rider line-up needed to recapture the MotoGP World Championship title.

Tetsuo Suzuki, HRC President
“We are very pleased that both Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso have re-signed for the factory Honda team and we have total confidence that these two riders possess the talent to help us fight for the MotoGP World Championship. They both have long and successful careers with Honda in Grand Prix racing and we are happy this partnership will continue. Although we have struggled this season, we will continue the challenge until the very last Grand Prix. Since this year is the 50th anniversary of the start of Honda’s participation in the World Championships, we must remind ourselves once again that Honda has been striving to compete at the top level in the world since the day of its founding. As HRC we will, of course, reinforce the development of our machine, and together with every team member, we will continue to fight with Honda’s challenging spirit in our hearts.”
Dani Pedrosa
“This new agreement with HRC is great news for me and I’m very pleased to be staying with the team that I’ve ridden for since 2006. We have now established an effective way of working and I’m confident that we can become even more competitive in the future. The target has always been to win the World Championship and that of course stays the same. We have proved before that we can be the fastest and beat the best in the world, and I still believe we can get to a level where we are challenging for that at every race. That is what the whole team must work towards. HRC has a very impressive racing heritage and I still have confidence that they can produce a bike that can win the World Championship.”
Andrea Dovizioso
“I’m very happy to be continuing with HRC in the factory Honda team. The experience of being involved with such a prestigious team has been very important for me and, as soon as we began discussing the future, my target was to continue with Honda. My first year as a factory rider has taught me a lot. I’m confident that with the direction we’ve agreed for machine development we can reach a level where we are fighting for victory every Sunday. Honda is a company that has achieved huge racing success and there are a lot of very talented and passionate people behind this effort. I’m sure we have the potential to fight for the world title.”

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:40 PM
No Crying Allowed

They both deserve it imo.... Dovi will be up frnt next year I think more often.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 06:29 AM
250 cc pilota.

According to an interview with Dani in Italian press his first option was Yamaha but that didn´t happen and he has signed with HRC for one more year. That means that all contracts for Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner are up at the end of next season...
According to the same Italian press Rossi is annoyed with Lorenzos one year contract and equal terms etc.

Could get messy next year..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
According to an interview with Dani in Italian press his first option was Yamaha but that didn´t happen and he has signed with HRC for one more year. That means that all contracts for Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner are up at the end of next season...
According to the same Italian press Rossi is annoyed with Lorenzos one year contract and equal terms etc.

Could get messy next year..
agreed and it looks like hondas trying to get a head start on the other factorys:

After the official announcement earlier today that Dani Pedrosa had signed a one-year contract with Repsol Honda, we predicted that MotoGP's silly season in 2010 would the most frantic ever, as the contracts of all of the Fantastic Four - Pedrosa, Ducati's Casey Stoner, and Yamaha riders Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo - are due to expire at the end of 2010. Little did we realize just how prophetic those words would be, or just how soon the hunt would be opened.
The first hints came in a press conference given by Tetsuo Suzuki, head of HRC, announcing the contract extension of Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso. During the session, Suzuki was asked about Casey Stoner and Valentino Rossi. If they were interested in joining Honda, Suzuki said, HRC would be very happy to have them. A statement that seems obvious at first, but given that both Stoner and Rossi have been rather uncomplimentary about HRC since leaving Honda, still an interesting step.
The press conference discussed more than just Honda's rider choice for 2010 and 2011, though. Suzuki-san was asked about the Bridgestone tires, to which he replied that Honda was only getting about 70-80% of the maximum performance out of the tires. He admitted, though, that Honda could hardly go running to the other manufacturers for advice. As for the choice of Ohlins or Showa suspension next year, HRC had not yet made a decision. The testers in Japan had provided contradictory data and opinions, so a decision on 2010 would have to wait.
One burning question was the role of Alberto Puig inside the Repsol Honda team. Had it changed? A little, Suzuki-san told the press. Mike Leitner was the team manager, he said, but Puig was still Pedrosa's manager, and the rumors about HRC wanting to keep Puig out of the garage were not true. As for their personal relationship, "our relationship is not bad," Suzuki said," But we are not friends."
Perhaps the most interesting tidbit came in answer to the number of bikes HRC will field next year. Honda will definitely be running 6 again in 2010. But they could also field 8 bikes if necessary, supporting rumors that both Scot Honda and LCR could receive an extra bike next year, which would guarantee Hiroshi Aoyama a place in MotoGP for 2010. As the Japanese rider is edging closer to taking the title for Honda, their first in the class since Dani Pedrosa won in 2005, that would seem a just reward.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 PM
No Crying Allowed

Well it's going to be a very interesting year next year then if they are all due for contract's. As for Lorenzo's contract and Rossi being upset... I'm not sure that's the case as we all know that Rossi's paycheck is larger then Lorenzo's by a fair amount I'm sure.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

heard talks today off motogp.com that rossi had been rumored to move to ducati for 2011, and he didnt say no he just said he's signed for yamaha next year and the future we'll just have to see....how intresting would that be? especially if the ducati was still not very user friendly.... itd be nice to see if he could go out and be as competitve or more on it

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:16 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
if he takes jb with him, i'm sure they can turn it into a decent weapon... as, i believe, i've stated before; i'd love to see jb and vr part company... just to see who does what without the other... both are well capable of winning the title without each other, but it would be good to see how they'd fare competing against each other

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 01:13 AM
250 cc pilota.

I think it is just a way for Rossi to put pressure on Yamaha. Of course he will look at all options available to him, HRC boss said that he was welcome back but i doubt that. Considering how Rossi/JB like to work compared to how Ducati Corse seems to work it will need a big effort from Ducati in order to meet Rossi/JBs demands and I don´t know if they are willing to do that.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:29 AM

^ I have to agree there.

There isn't enough Ducati history to even fall back and make a prediction in regards Rossi/JB going to that camp. For certain, JB & Rossi would want as radical a change in the bike as was made in 04 with Yamaha.

That said, I wouldn't put it past Rossi to try and tame the beast for at least a year just to rub it in the face of everyone else struggling with it. But that may be a small probability.

As much as I'd like to see JB\Rossi part ways, it wont happen. If the reports of Rossi not being entirely happy with J-Lo's contract granting him equal footing within that team, my guess is that Rossi is looking to hold on to everybit of advantage possible. Almost sounds as his superstitious side is still doubting himself... I've said in the past this will be the man's undoing, I don't think anyone but himself can actually beat him...

HRC once again being idiots... they go shit on Stoner & Rossi and expect a chance to welcome them back... what a bunch of fuck heads.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:09 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
That said, I wouldn't put it past Rossi to try and tame the beast for at least a year just to rub it in the face of everyone else struggling with it. But that may be a small probability.
only catch is, if he did that, he risks losing to Casey on equal equipment. Altho his ballswingers would no doubt find an excuse. I'm sure already that it'd be "whaa, whaaaa!!! the bike was developed for Casey and Ducati aren't helping the Italian on the team!!!" which is a crock since the bike was developed for Loris, and more recently Hayden. But no doubt that's what they'd say.

Quote:
Almost sounds as his superstitious side is still doubting himself... I've said in the past this will be the man's undoing, I don't think anyone but himself can actually beat him...
dunno, so far I see he's lost the top class once thru himself, once thru someone else, and once thru a combination thereof.

Quote:
HRC once again being idiots... they go shit on Stoner & Rossi and expect a chance to welcome them back... what a bunch of fuck heads.
Not to side with HRC, far from it. They've made a long long habit of biting the hand that feeds, but I don't think they ever really shafted Casey good and hard. You could definitely say that Dunlop did, even Ducati have in a way, by spending all their resources developing around Nick when Casey's championship is floundering to a clearly better bike. But I don't think he's ever ridden for HRC?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

well not hrc directly but for lcr on the honda which he posted some very promising results and wasnt offered a factory ride or better equipment the next year

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 AM
7c Forever

who would you have had him displace? Nicky (the WC) or Dani?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

no im not saying he should of replaced either im just sayn thats what the situation was, maybe he felt with the good results he shoulda got more help from the factory

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:23 AM
250 cc pilota.

When it is contract time I think he will stay. He has already proved that he can help another manufacturer beat HRC etc.
He is just making salary and first rider room for him self.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
I think it is just a way for Rossi to put pressure on Yamaha. Of course he will look at all options available to him, HRC boss said that he was welcome back but i doubt that. Considering how Rossi/JB like to work compared to how Ducati Corse seems to work it will need a big effort from Ducati in order to meet Rossi/JBs demands and I don´t know if they are willing to do that.
I doubt that he would ever go back to HRC but he seems a little pissed at Yam right now too - maybe the Duc will be his 'F-U Yamaha' move:

Rossi speaks out over Lorenzo contract
"I think I don’t deserve this after what I have done for Yamaha"

Posted: 8 September 2009
by Visordown News EIGHT-TIME motorcycle World Champion Valentino Rossi has spoken of his disppointment at Yamaha's decision to extend Jorge Lorenzo's contract.

Rossi has admitted he's not chuffed by the decision, stating that it's unusual for a team to have two major players in the same squad:

“Usually the big manufacturers in the last years have always just one top rider each. In Yamaha, we are two … so this is a different strategy that can bring good results, but also big disaster,” said Rossi, in an exclusive interview at Misano.

“I always try to make a great work for developing the bike, and I usually make the work just for me. But now I am also doing it for my worst enemy,” he said, tongue-in-cheek.

“Sincerely, I think I don’t deserve this after what I have done for Yamaha. But this is the Yamaha choice …

“I have to decide about my future with motorcycles at the beginning of June next year – whether I will continue, whether it will be with Yamaha or if I change …" said Rossi, hinting at a move to F1.

“Before I never thought of going out of Yamaha, but now with this situation with Lorenzo, I have to make a decision,” he said.

And we all know what happened when Rossi got the hump with Honda back in 2003...

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Not to side with HRC, far from it. They've made a long long habit of biting the hand that feeds, but I don't think they ever really shafted Casey good and hard. You could definitely say that Dunlop did, even Ducati have in a way, by spending all their resources developing around Nick when Casey's championship is floundering to a clearly better bike. But I don't think he's ever ridden for HRC?
in 06, Stoner complained of not getting the rubber requested... weather that was Michelins doing or HRC... not sure. But at the end of the season while negotiating deals, HRC was rumored to have laughed at Stoner's counter offer...

Stoner goes to Ducati and makes HRC wish they had the balls to tell Repsol, "fuck off, your Spanish rider demands is costing us results." Notice I said wish cause we all know the HRC head honchos have no balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
I doubt that he would ever go back to HRC but he seems a little pissed at Yam right now too - maybe the Duc will be his 'F-U Yamaha' move:

Rossi speaks out over Lorenzo contract
"I think I don’t deserve this after what I have done for Yamaha"

Posted: 8 September 2009
by Visordown News EIGHT-TIME motorcycle World Champion Valentino Rossi has spoken of his disppointment at Yamaha's decision to extend Jorge Lorenzo's contract.

Rossi has admitted he's not chuffed by the decision, stating that it's unusual for a team to have two major players in the same squad:

“Usually the big manufacturers in the last years have always just one top rider each. In Yamaha, we are two … so this is a different strategy that can bring good results, but also big disaster,” said Rossi, in an exclusive interview at Misano.

“I always try to make a great work for developing the bike, and I usually make the work just for me. But now I am also doing it for my worst enemy,” he said, tongue-in-cheek.

“Sincerely, I think I don’t deserve this after what I have done for Yamaha. But this is the Yamaha choice …

“I have to decide about my future with motorcycles at the beginning of June next year – whether I will continue, whether it will be with Yamaha or if I change …" said Rossi, hinting at a move to F1.

“Before I never thought of going out of Yamaha, but now with this situation with Lorenzo, I have to make a decision,” he said.

And we all know what happened when Rossi got the hump with Honda back in 2003...
He needs to chill or risk being labeled another Stacey Moaner. He's had it better than anyone else... can't get your way all the time now...

Last edited by racerraul; 09-08-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 02:26 PM
7c Forever

lol, this is nothing for moaning. Don't you remember when he was screaming for Yamaha to build him a V4 or he'd quit?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
lol, this is nothing for moaning. Don't you remember when he was screaming for Yamaha to build him a V4 or he'd quit?
Well in his defense he needed to get Yamaha to build a better bike than what Biaggi was riding.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:28 PM
7c Forever

it wasn't till '06 that he was screaming for a V4, after the wide tires he'd asked for from michelin led to chatter and then he wanted a long motor mount "like his Honda" to stop the chatter and that started cooking off engines because it was blocking the radiator exhaust air.

Perhaps giving the PROBLEMS to the engineers, rather than the solutions would be wise. But he's the great Valentino, he can do every job there is. from driving the truck to writing the press releases to designing, machining and building the bike, to winning the race.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

next years silly season is going to be off the chain!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode