Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

This is what happens when car people arrange bike races.

This is from a previous race in the most highly regarded Swedish national series, Pro Superbike.
The class is held during the STCC (Swedish Touring Car Championship) week ends and is aired on TV etc.

The track is Knutstorp and it is always a lot of trouble there.
The clip starts when Robert Gull has got the green flag and is out on his sighting lap.

Anyone see more than green flags around the track?

The weirdest thing about the whole incident is that no one in race direction got any fines or anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Anyone see more than green flags around the track?
Other riders

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Other riders

Well. The point was that they all got the green flag wich means the track is clear and they can go around it safely. As you could see they had a bucnh of cars and a lot of people on the track right after a crest!
It was only inches from riders or marshals getting seriously injured because the race director told them to wave the green fleag. There should have been yellow and white flags out all along the track to warn the riders of other vehicles on the track and no overtaking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:17 PM
doomsday machine

I'm with the rider who threw his hands up in disgust. Yeesh.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:56 PM
7c Forever

It could be worse

In other news... the dreaded "Be like Rossi and pick your ass on the line to go faster." has started!!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Well. The point was that they all got the green flag wich means the track is clear and they can go around it safely. As you could see they had a bucnh of cars and a lot of people on the track right after a crest!
I was just messin' with ya man - that was pretty shabby and could have caused a HUGE accident.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I haven't really been paying attention to this whole DMG / AMA thing Jr as i was never much of a fan of AMA at the best of times. I just read that article tho' and it's quite amazing - is the DMG the organization run by Colin Fraser that replaced AMA?
That guy is a fricken' idiot and as my dad used to say - he couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery. Not to mention he's a condescending, arrogant wanker.

I'd love for the manufacturers to kick his ass to the kerb by forcing his resignation - trouble might be that then he's head North to 'help' RACE.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 07:10 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
I haven't really been paying attention to this whole DMG / AMA thing Jr as i was never much of a fan of AMA at the best of times. I just read that article tho' and it's quite amazing - is the DMG the organization run by Colin Fraser that replaced AMA?
That guy is a fricken' idiot and as my dad used to say - he couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery. Not to mention he's a condescending, arrogant wanker.

I'd love for the manufacturers to kick his ass to the kerb by forcing his resignation - trouble might be that then he's head North to 'help' RACE.
yea, Mr.RACE himself. Whaaaat a douche. The funniest part is that his little company is called "professional motorsports." what a joke.

tisk tisk for not watching AMA. Musta missed out on the Mat and Ben show.

Altho I don't think I've watched a race this year, fuck'em. Show's over folks.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
That was part of teh reason I posted this.

Quote:
I was just messin' with ya man - that was pretty shabby and could have caused a HUGE accident.
It was really close that one rider ran over one of the corner workers and another one was inched away from hitting a car.

Last edited by Gustav O; 09-15-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode