Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:23 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
Exciting
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:45 PM
No Crying Allowed

World Superbike sensation Ben Spies has opted to quit World Superbikes and move to the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad where he will join fellow Texan Colin Edwards next season in an all-American team.
According to MCN sources, Toseland’s departure was finalised earlier this week after meetings between Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal and senior Yamaha management in Milan.
Despite a hugely promising rookie campaign in 2008 when he claimed six top six finishes, the Yorkshireman has struggled to build on that success this season.
He was badly hindered by two massive pre-season crashes but only three top six finishes in the opening 13 races of 2009 have failed to save Toseland from the axe.
Spies, who recently signed a two-year deal with Yamaha, has decided to quit WSB even though he has yet to clinch the world title.
It was thought the triple American superbike champion would delay a decision on his 2010 plans until his WSB title fight with Ducati star Noriyuki Haga had been concluded.
But his decision has meant the end of Toseland’s MotoGP career after just two seasons racing against in the elite class.
MCN also understands Toseland’s manager Roger Burnett was in Milan this week trying to secure the 28-year-old British rider a place in Yamaha’s World Superbike squad as replacement for Spies.
But there is fierce competition for an R1 ride with World Supersport leader Cal Crutchlow a leading candidate. Aussie Chris Vermeulen also held talks with Yamaha management in Italy this week.
An official announcement on Spies’ decision could be made shortly with details now being leaked. If not the deal will probably made official at the Imola WSB round next weekend.
Spies’ decision to move to MotoGP will leave British fans without a home rider to support in 2010.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Ah! cut copy
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:32 PM
7c Forever

sigh. I was kinda hoping he'd stick to SBK. We'll see how he does in GP tho. The rookie rule is kinda bullshit but atleast he's got a teammate that'll back him up.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Ah! cut copy

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 08:27 AM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
sigh. I was kinda hoping he'd stick to SBK. We'll see how he does in GP tho. The rookie rule is kinda bullshit but atleast he's got a teammate that'll back him up.
whats the rookie rule?
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 10:07 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
whats the rookie rule?
Rookies in MotoGp are not allowed to go directly to factory teams, like Lorenzo did for example. That is why Spies goes to Tech 3 first.

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Rookies in MotoGp are not allowed to go directly to factory teams, like Lorenzo did for example. That is why Spies goes to Tech 3 first.
Small correction, Rookies are unable to go to factory teams if said factory has a satellite team.
So Spies could have gone to factory Suzuki, but why would he want to

The rule was implemented to help satellite teams get a shot at the new hot rookies, so they are not always just getting the leftovers. The rule is affectionately known as the "spies rule" since everyone thinks they brought it in specifically to prevent spies from getting a factory ride right away.

post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

now my question is if this is true does spies suddenly no longer care if he wins a wsbk title before he goes to gp or is he just that confident that he's got this championship wraped up....?

post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 04:37 PM
7c Forever

I'm gonna go with "no longer cares because he was able to negotiate a contract at what he thinks he's worth without them balking."

the main reason he didn't go to GP straightaway was money from what I understand. He was "unproven" according to the euros.

I'd say he's proven himself as much as those of us pulling for him said he would. He could pretty much ask for the world at this point and I think he'd have a very reasonable chance at getting it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

true but i hope he can do as well over there and not prove to only be phenominal on production bikes

post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:42 PM
7c Forever

his size is gonna hurt him.

He's giving away very nearly 60# to Dani, to put that in perspective, with the bikes mass in, he's giving away almost 15% thrust to a guy Dani's size. Now a lot of that is gonna be minimized because the tires can't stick hard enough to give actual full thrust below ~140-150kph but in the 150-250 range, you could consider it being roughly the same as being down almost 30hp. It's significant imo.

That said, I'm a huge fan of Ben and I hope he can shove it down their throats. And I doubly hope that once he does, the start introducing the "rider in" weight classes in 250 and 800gp.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:51 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
thanks
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:53 PM
7c Forever

combine the size with being on a bike that might be down 10hp already and it becomes a very big deal very quickly.

I think it's bullshit that physical size matters so much (it's not my fault I'm 6'5)

but at the end of the day, the laws of physics aren't required to be politically correct.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
his size is gonna hurt him.

He's giving away very nearly 60# to Dani, to put that in perspective, with the bikes mass in, he's giving away almost 15% thrust to a guy Dani's size. Now a lot of that is gonna be minimized because the tires can't stick hard enough to give actual full thrust below ~140-150kph but in the 150-250 range, you could consider it being roughly the same as being down almost 30hp. It's significant imo.

That said, I'm a huge fan of Ben and I hope he can shove it down their throats. And I doubly hope that once he does, the start introducing the "rider in" weight classes in 250 and 800gp.
i see your point but do you think he's much bigger then rossi or ewards or nicky?

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 07:40 PM
7c Forever

Pedrosa, 47kg
Rossi, 59kg
Haystacks, 68kg
Edwards, 69kg

Spies: 75kg

I don't doubt that he could get down into the 60's, but the 2 fella's in the 60's aren't exactly setting the world on fire. Then again, they're not the rider that he is either, but it's a BIG deal, particularly heading for T1.

oh ya, for reference.

Junior: 103kg

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 09-18-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
look at nicky hayden. He dominiated the AMA and got lucky in motogp. And now he sucks. I think motogp riding takes a totally different kind of rider/driver

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 11:50 PM
No Crying Allowed

If you think Nicky sucks then you haven't been watching him lol

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 01:35 AM
7c Forever

please god, not another Nicky sucks debate.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Tags
spies> hayden> stoner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode